Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1463168 times)

Offline erictheblue

• The Beast
Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #1155 on: October 01, 2012, 06:53:49 am »
Again I ask, who uses horses anyways?  I haven't seen anything that needed me to be on a horse.  They can't run faster, jump higher or further.  In fact, using a horse is almost an insult to me.

Ironbite-that and it's 1000 septims per horse...fuck me I ain't made of money.

My horses have armor.  And I didn't have to shell out real money for that "privilege" :D

But really, they could stand to be faster.  They do have the advantage of being able to say "Fuck physics" and ride straight up a mountainside though.

Can't you fast travel on a horse, even if you are encumbered?
[Anonymous is] like... an internet Cthulu... you don't want to rouse them, but at the same time... woah think of the beautiful chaos! - SpaceProg

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #1156 on: October 01, 2012, 07:38:46 am »
Again I ask, who uses horses anyways?  I haven't seen anything that needed me to be on a horse.  They can't run faster, jump higher or further.  In fact, using a horse is almost an insult to me.

My horses have armor.  And I didn't have to shell out real money for that "privilege" :D

But really, they could stand to be faster.  They do have the advantage of being able to say "Fuck physics" and ride straight up a mountainside though.

I forgot about that, actually.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #1157 on: October 01, 2012, 07:41:02 am »

....*pimpslaps*

Ironbite-hate you!

Offline StallChaser

• Pope
  • (Haseen on the old board)
« Reply #1158 on: October 01, 2012, 10:45:48 pm »

Shadowmare.   /horsedebate.

Offline VirtualStranger

• Blinded with Science
  • The Beast
« Reply #1159 on: October 02, 2012, 01:34:02 am »

1000 gold? I made that much money in the first three hours of the game just by raiding dungeons full of bandits and selling off their shit.

As a side note, My current character currently possesses 300,000 gold, two fully furnished houses, and a huge-ass custom-built lakeside manor. By the end of the game, I should have enough money to buy the entire country.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #1160 on: October 02, 2012, 04:00:47 am »
Well, my Dragon Age: Origins play through is going rather well. Finished clearing the Circle of Magi, managed to take down Uldred using only three lyrium potions in total. Did I mention I'm playing on nightmare difficulty? On an Xbox 360?

Still, the real test will be whether or not I can bring down a dragon. As I recall, those things are just insane.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #1161 on: October 02, 2012, 05:57:07 am »
Threw another controller yesterday, though this time it was for my PS 2.  I was frustrated because of our Air Conditioner.  Then my computer kept freezing so I tried to put on Fire Pro Wrestling to watch in between freezes.  At that point, either the game was having problems, or I was too ****'ed off to concentrate, but the settings kept going to default after I spent 10 minutes setting up a league.  I sent the controller hurtling toward the TV, where it shattered (Gamestop brand so not very sturdy).

Oohs, oh well I have a back up, and PS2 controllers aren't very cheap.  I decided to to play any 360 or DS games for a while at that point.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline Mechtaur

• The Beast
  • Ladies, contain your orgasms.
« Reply #1162 on: October 09, 2012, 01:29:24 am »
I got Pokemon White 2 today.

Offline FirsthandTuna

• Pope
« Reply #1163 on: October 09, 2012, 02:49:11 am »

Is it any good?
"Fraudulent ONEness of religious academia has retarded your opposite rationale brain to a half brain slave." - The Wisest Man Who Ever Lived

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #1164 on: October 09, 2012, 03:49:57 am »
I preordered Black 2.  Even though we're going to Walmart today, I have to wait until at least Friday.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline Mechtaur

• The Beast
  • Ladies, contain your orgasms.
« Reply #1165 on: October 09, 2012, 04:10:22 am »

Is it any good?

Only got to play for a little bit before I go to bed, pretty fun so far.

I plan on trying to play through the game using only N's Pokemon when I get the chance. Should provide a decent challenge. Getting a little bored with finding the daycare and breeding some supersoldiers to EV train before steamrolling the entire game into oblivion.

Distind

« Reply #1166 on: October 10, 2012, 08:29:58 am »
The XCom remake is awesome. Despite my inability to keep snipers or rookies alive.

Edit:
Oh, and retro city rampage got a stealth release yesterday.
Quick look from some guys who seem to be on top of things: http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-retro-city-rampage/17-6658/
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 08:35:16 am by Distind »

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #1167 on: October 10, 2012, 06:21:00 pm »
I may....be getting Hearthfire.  May.  I love Dawnguard as it adds horse combat and vampires who aren't pathetic to my game and from what I saw with Al Chest Breach it looks kinda fun.  My only issue is that the kids seem...awfully stupid.

Ironbite-wonder if you can kill 'em and start over.

Offline tygerarmy

• Zombie Dog Breeder
  • Pope
  • I'm not naked I'm Tattooed
    • Facebook
« Reply #1168 on: October 10, 2012, 10:12:01 pm »
Hearthfire is OK, I like it, but the 3 plots and house you can make are really similar and should be more customizable.  The horse combat needs work.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 10:53:31 pm by tygerarmy »
Twitter Soldier in sour armor tumblr

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #1169 on: October 11, 2012, 01:36:14 am »
I've been on the Mechwarrior online closed beta for a while now. Fun game.

Highlights so far:

1) The match starts with a lone scout charging my team and getting blasted pretty quickly. We advance but see no other hostiles. I get a great idea and get on top of a hill to get a better view. Well what do you know, I actually spot some hostiles so I zoom in and turn on the heatvision to get a better aim... And suddenly my screen is filled with long range missiles zooming at me -FULL REVERSE! BOOM BOOM BANG!

Huh, apparently the other team had been staying back because almost all of them had LRM-mechs. Well that taught me a lesson. (but it did look cool)

2) Early in the match I had one arm blown off my mech and suffered much damage to other parts as well, so I'm trying to be cautious for now at least. Together with some team mates I start harassing an Awesome (let's just say that this mech did not get that name by being a tiny, little, weakly tin can.) and I keep at it's back and blast it with my laser and SRM. I'm not really doing that much damage compared to the others since I'm in a scout mech but it is cool when one of the arms gets blown off and the game credits me with the destruction. Also, I get the credit for the kill few shots later.

3) I've been shooting at an Atlas (biggest, toughest, meanest mech in game) alongside some teammates and my mech overheats and shuts down. Seeing as I am IN FRONT OF the Atlas I override the shutdown and decide to run out of the fire arc to cool down. but after taking one step my mech blows up... "Hylobates has killed Hylobates" Ahhh. So RUNNING will also cause heat. And by overriding the shutdown I killed myself by producing too much heat... GG
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!