Author Topic: Crazy insurance policies!  (Read 3266 times)

Offline Flying Mint Bunny!

• Zoot be praised and to His Chosen victory
  • The Beast
Re: Crazy insurance policies!
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2014, 08:23:48 pm »
For some reason they felt the need to tell you about all the different amounts of compensation you would get if your child lost an eye or a limb or died. And you got less if your child died than if they lost an eye.

Wrongful death is a horrible thing for a family to go through, but I bet the extra compensation for eye injury is intended for the lifelong costs of being blind.

Yes, that make sense.

It was mainly weird because we weren't doing anything even remotely dangerous.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2014, 10:45:53 pm »
For some reason they felt the need to tell you about all the different amounts of compensation you would get if your child lost an eye or a limb or died. And you got less if your child died than if they lost an eye.

Wrongful death is a horrible thing for a family to go through, but I bet the extra compensation for eye injury is intended for the lifelong costs of being blind.

But then the school would have a monetary incentive to murder children who lose an eye.
Σא

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2014, 11:38:03 pm »

But then the school would have a monetary incentive to murder children who lose an eye.

No, that would be the insurance companies. It explains a lot about their attitude toward catastrophic health coverage.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.