Author Topic: Ask FQA!  (Read 23263 times)

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
Re: Ask FQA!
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2014, 02:35:43 am »
I'd put money on it being a connection issue, but it couldn't hurt to try clearing your cache (if you haven't done so already) and making sure that your hard drive isn't full.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2014, 04:27:40 am »
So yeah, the problem happens on both Chrome and Firefox.  If it's a connection problem though, why is it always the same images that won't load (meaning that once an image breaks or loads, that image will almost always break or load, respectively), why do they load on my dash and not on the blogs, and why do they load when viewing the blog from its preview window through the search function?

Just you you understand when I say "breaks in the blog but loads in the preview":

(click to show/hide)

So, the images will load under specific circumstances.  Do connection problems do the same things?

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2014, 05:28:59 am »
Question: What's the best microphone to record with and is under $200?

i dunno about best, but in 5 years, this little guy has never let my bassist or me down. this guy is a powerhouse for half your budget.

question: at what post count can you be legitimately considered a lurker and not a forgotten/abandonned member?
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2014, 04:08:03 pm »
Why is the 4th July the only time Americans put the date in the right order?  Why don't they call it July 4th like they normaly would?

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2014, 04:16:31 pm »
Why is the 4th July the only time Americans put the date in the right order?  Why don't they call it July 4th like they normaly would?

It's because "The 4th of July" sounds more majestic than a simple "July 4th". We use the genitive case like that for important dates, like the 4th of July, or the Cinco de Mayo.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2014, 04:18:06 pm »
I hear it both ways all the time. As for why Americans write the date different from everyone else, I don't know.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2014, 04:28:59 pm »
I hear it both ways all the time. As for why Americans write the date different from everyone else, I don't know.

I once had it explained to me by an American.  He explained, "Because 'MURICA!"

I'm not joking by the way, that's a real conversation.  Though he was joking.

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2014, 05:03:16 am »
So, I have some British Shillings (minted in the 50s and early 60s), a 5 Franc coin (1960), a super tarnished coin that appears to be a King George V quarter (Canadian), and a shit load of Australian coins minted in the 60s and 70s. Any chance some these might be worth more than their face value?
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2014, 02:27:11 pm »
The older coins may have a significant percentage of silver in them. Most nations cut back on, or completely replaced the silver content with steel or nickel alloys once silver became too expensive to use in minting.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2014, 06:17:53 am »
The ants in my bathroom Just.  Won't.  Die.  I used the same fucking formula I used in my bedroom and in the kitchen, and it worked great in those areas, but these fucking bathroom bitches won't die.  It's the same damn kind of ant, too.  And what's more, after baiting for the first time, they'll swarm the bait for maybe six hours, then they won't touch it again, unlike the kitchen and bedroom ants.  And if that weren't enough, these fucking cockmongling assholes avoid any and all baits like the damn plague after the first baiting, no matter what food I use, and no matter what the bait is in.  Sugar?  Nope.  Honey?  Nope.  Syrup?  Nope.  Jam?  Nope.  Peanut butter?  Nope.  They absolutely will not touch it.  This happened the last time they were in the bathroom, too. 

What is it about being in the fucking bathroom that makes these assholes impossible to kill?! (In case you haven't noticed, I really fucking hate ants.)

Edit:  Nevermind, they're finally gone.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 04:49:41 pm by Iosa the Invincible »

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2014, 04:53:07 pm »
So, about a month ago, my laptop (which is about 5 years old) started doing this thing where it would BSOD every time I try to exit Chrome all at once.  I couldn't even close windows without a risk of crashing.  I'd have to close out the majority of tabs of each window before closing that window.  A couple of weeks ago, for about a week, it stopped doing that, and I could exit out of Chrome normally.  Now, it's crashing upon exit again. 

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this BSOD?

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2014, 05:39:32 pm »
Have you updated any of your browser or OS software since it stopped crashing?    Maybe a bug was fixed before, then a new one popped up following a subsequent update.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2014, 07:09:49 pm »
I have only one question...mouse or trackball?

(Trackball is the correct my answer.)
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2014, 07:46:48 pm »

People still use trackballs?
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2014, 07:53:24 pm »

People still use trackballs?

I'm using one right now, you unwashed heathen.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.