Author Topic: Lauren Bacall is dead at 89  (Read 995 times)

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
Lauren Bacall is dead at 89
« on: August 12, 2014, 10:18:06 pm »
http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/movies/moviesnow/la-et-mn-lauren-bacall-dies-20140812-story.html

Lauren Bacall, the smoky-voiced movie legend who taught Humphrey Bogart how to whistle in "To Have and Have Not," has died at the age of 89, according to her family..

Her death was confirmed by Robbert de Klerk, the co-managing partner of the Humphrey Bogart Estate with her son Stephen Bogart.

"She passed away peacefully earlier today in New York," according to family, De Klerk said.

In a statement released on social media, the Bogart Estate expressed deep sorrow and "great gratitude for her amazing life."

Reached by telephone at her Santa Monica home, her daughter, Leslie Bogart, said the family was not sharing any additional information at this time.

Bacall launched her career with "To Have and Have Not," the 1944 film that turned "Bogie and Bacall" into one of Hollywood's legendary couples on screen and off.

Another star from the Golden Age of Hollywood burns out.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
Re: Lauren Bacall is dead at 89
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2014, 10:20:37 pm »
Damn if she didn't have one hell of a run, though.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."