Author Topic: Oh get ready to rage over Tamir Rice all over again  (Read 7211 times)

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Oh get ready to rage over Tamir Rice all over again
« on: October 11, 2015, 04:57:00 pm »
Couldn't be assed to dig up the old topic but it seems we've got a interesting development in this.  And by interesting I mean rage inducing.

Two outside investigators have cleared the officer involved in the shooting death of Tamir Rice.  In case you forgot, he was the 12 year old black boy who was murdered by an overzealous officer who gave him exactly 1.34 seconds to comply with his orders.

Source: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/cleveland-officer-shooting-boy-pellet-gun-justified_5619d97fe4b0dbb8000ee577?ncid=tweetlnkushpmg00000067

COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — A white Cleveland police officer was justified in fatally shooting a black 12-year-old boy holding a pellet gun moments after pulling up beside him, according to two outside reviews conducted at the request of the prosecutor investigating the death.

A retired FBI agent and a Denver prosecutor both found the rookie patrolman who shot Tamir Rice exercised a reasonable use of force because he had reason to perceive the boy — described in a 911 call as man waving and pointing a gun — as a serious threat.

The reports were released Saturday night by the Cuyahoga County Prosecutor's Office, which asked for the outside reviews as it presents evidence to a grand jury that will determine whether Timothy Loehmann will be charged in Tamir's death last November.

"We are not reaching any conclusions from these reports," Prosecutor Timothy J. McGinty said in a statement. "The gathering of evidence continues, and the grand jury will evaluate it all."

He said the reports, which included a technical reconstruction by the Ohio State Highway Patrol, were released in the interest of being "as public and transparent as possible."

Subodh Chandra, a lawyer for the Rice family, said the release of the reports shows the prosecutor is avoiding accountability, which is what the family seeks.

"It is now obvious that the prosecutor's office has been on a 12-month quest to avoid providing that accountability," he said. He added that the prosecutor's office didn't provide his office or the Rice family with the details from the reports. He also questioned the timing of the release, at 8 p.m. Saturday on the Columbus Day holiday weekend.

So I guess nobody in those two offices actually has eyes or something?  Because it's pretty clear cut that the boy doesn't even have time to blink let alone comply with the officer's orders and wasn't a threat to anyone.  But no, black boy with a suspected gun, better gun him down and refuse medical attention to possibly keep him alive.

Ironbite-fucking dicks.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
Re: Oh get ready to rage over Tamir Rice all over again
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2015, 05:37:44 pm »
If a serial killer was torturing Tamir Rice to death, I'd root for the serial killer to finish his job.

AND MAKE IT PAINFUL.

Um, Tamir Rice was the victim.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2015, 05:52:33 pm »
Professional hired testimony win again. The BLATANT point missed in both "exoneration" reports is this: The cops would not have been in possible great danger if they had not driven the car up to within one meter of Tamir Rice before getting out guns drawn to kill him. That was the "situational" excuse - the cops were in point blank range of the kid's alleged gun and so had to immediately fire to "subdue" him.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2015, 06:34:25 pm »
If a serial killer was torturing Tamir Rice to death, I'd root for the serial killer to finish his job.

AND MAKE IT PAINFUL.

......THE FUCK MAN!?

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2015, 07:07:03 pm »
I THOUGHT THAT WAS THE COP'S NAME!

FUCKING COP!

ITS ON THAT PIECE OF SHIT THAT DEMENTED PIECE OF GARBAGE SHOOTING PEOPLE FOR NOTHING AT ALL ENRAGING ME TO SUCH A POINT.

FUCKING COP...
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 07:09:34 pm by niam2023 »
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2015, 07:10:28 pm »
krrzzt... please stand by krzzzt....

niam2023 is rebooting. please stand by.

loading... loading... loading...
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2015, 07:21:06 pm »
I assumed the first name I saw and identified was the name of the police officer who shot someone.
I honestly could not remember the name, where it came from, who it was, what that person was, how they died.
This is honestly terrifying for me on a personal level. It means something. It means things may unravel.

I...the only thing I can say at this point is that the officer who shot Tamir Rice was terrible and a menace, and that these officers who shot the boy were monsters too.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2015, 07:23:36 pm »
I'm OK I'm OK I'm OK.

I didn't mean what I said I was tired that was not what I meant.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 07:26:17 pm by niam2023 »

Even Then

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2015, 07:32:02 pm »
If 911 described Tamir as a man waving a gun, then that doesn't fucking MATTER because at that range (which the murderer entered OF HIS OWN VOLITION instead of defusing the situation any other way and whoops there goes THAT justification) it was blindingly obvious that Tamir was a CHILD, not a fucking MAN, and nothing matters anymore because this mockery of mankind's belief in good and in justice happened, and so the world is arbitrary and cold and it laughs at you when you forget that.

Still,  try not to beat yourself up too much, niam. You mixed up the names of two people because you were tired and angry, you explained yourself, we understand.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 07:34:33 pm by Even Then »

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2015, 07:34:44 pm »
Justice was killed with the same bullet that slaughtered these kids.

I didn't mean what I said I was mistaken I forgot who had which name.

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2015, 07:40:55 pm »
I IDENTIFIED HIM IN THE OPENING LINE!  JESUS FUCK!

Ironbite-no excuse.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2015, 07:42:32 pm »
I'm sorry is there anything I can do to erase this?

Can Sigmaleph ban me for this? Would that be better?

I didn't read the opening line. I have no excuses. Just do whatever you want. No excuse. No pardoning. No nothing.,

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2015, 08:13:46 pm »
Don't be so hard on yourself, Niam. We understand what you meant.

As for officers remaining above the law, is this really surprising anymore? The police are among the weapons of the wealthy elite; they are trained to act the way they do and they are working as intended.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2015, 08:24:13 pm »
Ibby, if you snap your towel at niam one more time....momma will yell at you. He had a brain fart, dats all.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2015, 08:42:10 pm »
[Queen's comment has been redacted due to its lack of professionalism and for it's gratuitous use of the words "fuck," "dumbass," and "freelancing honey-badger."]
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?