Author Topic: The crazy stuff people say on the net  (Read 70366 times)

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
Re: The crazy stuff people say on the net
« Reply #75 on: June 21, 2016, 01:51:12 am »
You know what's weird. Out of all that whackiness the thing that pissed me off is that he has conflated Mary Magdalene with the Mary the mother of Jesus. They aren't the same people. I mean for fucksakes Mary in much of the lore/mythos is meant to be a reformed prostitute. That reformation wouldn't have been to hard if she was still a virgin.

The other thing I've gathered is that guy probably has a tiny penis. At least that's the inference I draw from his obsession with 'tight cunt'.

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #76 on: June 21, 2016, 02:28:13 am »
He does realize that Mary, Mother of Jesus and Mary Magdalena were, uh... different people, right?
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #77 on: June 21, 2016, 03:36:04 am »
Yeeeah, it's a prisshood, totally unmanly. That's why none of them wear check flannels.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #78 on: June 21, 2016, 03:47:40 am »
There are so many things wrong with that... Historically too not just religious writings hes got mixed up.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #79 on: June 21, 2016, 03:24:45 pm »
Yeah that's the kinda crazy I can't tackle sober.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #80 on: June 21, 2016, 11:42:56 pm »
(click to show/hide)

What is this, Heaven's Gate 2.0?

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #81 on: June 22, 2016, 12:10:34 am »
(click to show/hide)

What have they got against chips?

I mean if you take them away you'll deprive millions of Britons of their breakfast!

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #82 on: June 22, 2016, 01:58:27 am »
Why you Question Ptaah and Ashtar Sheran - we just love you and help you out?

Now drink love Juice.

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #83 on: June 22, 2016, 05:56:10 am »
For some reason I can't copy text from facebook while on my phone but I just saw a rant complaining about the move to rename Texan schools that are named after Confederates. The silly thing was that it went from claiming that renaming the schools is an act of treason to suggesting that Texas should secede from USA if those schools get renamed. ...So are these people supposed to be patriots or rebels and do they even know what those words mean?

EDIT:

Houston takes action on schools named for Confederate leaders.
The governing board of the biggest school district in Texas has voted to rename seven schools previously named for Confederate leaders.

The Houston school district board voted Thursday to strip the schools of the names of Confederate Generals Robert E. Lee, Albert Sidney Johnston and Stonewall Jackson; Confederate President Jefferson Davis; Confederate Postmaster General John H. Reagan; Sabine Pass commander Dick Dowling and Southern dialect author and Confederate veteran Sidney Lanier.

What_a_f***g_disgrace! The governing board? More like a bunch of ignorant liberals! People who have no respect towards American history shouldn’t be deciding on schools names.
When it embarked on the renaming process, the district said it wanted names to represent its modern values and diversity, in accordance with its non-discrimination policies. Okay, guess forgetting our history and spitting on it is now equal to “modern values and diversity”. Smh

South will rise again. We won’t tolerate treason and we’ll do the very best we can to fight liberal plague or to simple secede from the failed state America has turned into.

You name your schools after traitors and then claim it's treasonous to change that. Seriously, look at yourselves.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #84 on: June 22, 2016, 09:21:43 am »
Yeah, the hypocrisy is quite obvious but for some reason they still lack the self awareness to notice it.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline TheContrarian

• Pope
  • Inter faeces et urinam nascimur
« Reply #85 on: June 24, 2016, 05:24:57 pm »
(click to show/hide)

What have they got against chips?

I mean if you take them away you'll deprive millions of Britons of their breakfast!

Mostly scots tbh.

Down 'ere it's mainly bacon.  And not that crappy rectangular stuff you colonials insist on calling bacon either.  I'm talking the proper stuff that actually used to be part of a pig.

"What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #86 on: June 24, 2016, 06:43:21 pm »
Thought that was Gammon. Huh.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #87 on: July 31, 2016, 10:00:42 am »
You would think that this is a parody site like Onion or something: http://goodlifeawareness.com/experts-warn-gluten-found-in-meth-could-be-hazardous-to-your-health/

Particularly when they explain that Meth is otherwise safe but the Gluten in it is addictive and lethal. But there is no such warning and there are so goddamn many articles many of which don't seem to be parody. I'm not sure if it's pseudoscience site or if this particular one was a prank or what.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #88 on: July 31, 2016, 05:16:47 pm »
You would think that this is a parody site like Onion or something: http://goodlifeawareness.com/experts-warn-gluten-found-in-meth-could-be-hazardous-to-your-health/

Particularly when they explain that Meth is otherwise safe but the Gluten in it is addictive and lethal. But there is no such warning and there are so goddamn many articles many of which don't seem to be parody. I'm not sure if it's pseudoscience site or if this particular one was a prank or what.

I checked a few random articles and they all seem legit, but they're also copy-pasted from elsewhere in the web (including the meth in gluten one, found here and tagged as satire). I think Good Life Awareness is an automatic aggregator that just searches the web for things that look like health-related articles and posts copies of them. Bots can't tell satire from real news, so they copied that one too.
Σא

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #89 on: July 31, 2016, 06:26:05 pm »
Do kinda like 9gag only not self aware?