Author Topic: The crazy stuff people say on the net  (Read 70332 times)

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
Re: The crazy stuff people say on the net
« Reply #120 on: April 18, 2017, 06:45:27 pm »
Skyfire?
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #121 on: April 18, 2017, 07:33:55 pm »
.............................fuck you Ravvy.

Yeah it's Skyfire.  Over on the Allspark he declared that due to one of the stars feud with Amazing Asshole himself, Amazing Atheist, this movie will now bomb because AA has like, a million youtube followers and that will totally break the movie.  Oh and Skyfire's a movie critic so he knows these things.

Ironbite-Wikipedia is a joke.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #122 on: April 18, 2017, 10:07:28 pm »
.............................fuck you Ravvy.

Aight, but you're buying the lube.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #123 on: May 06, 2017, 03:17:42 pm »
Among the discussion about healthcare in USA and how horrible it is there was this gem:

I collapsed during easter dinner and woke up on the floor covered in my own vomit to the sound of my wife yelling through the house "don't call a goddamn ambulance, we can't afford that shit."

Luckily my heartbeat went back to normal? It's a pretty shitty situation when your first thought in a medical emergency isn't about getting your health in order, but making sure your finances stay in order.

Note, I have nothing against the person who wrote that but this situation is way beyond what any fictional parody could have...

Also stories about people who die because they know that they can't pay the eventual hospital bills. The common talking point is "but you can go to the emergency room" which ignores the fact that eventually there will be a bill. And people who know that their family can't afford the bill will delay going in the hopes that they get better... And if that doesn't happen their ailment is already worsened and too often it is too late to fix it. And even in the cases where it can be cured it may be more expensive than if they had gone to doctor sooner.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #124 on: May 06, 2017, 04:10:34 pm »
Among the many reasons single-payer is cheaper than the US system is that people seek preventative care, rather than wait until it gets so bad that they need acute care.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #125 on: May 06, 2017, 05:14:51 pm »
Among the discussion about healthcare in USA and how horrible it is there was this gem:

I collapsed during easter dinner and woke up on the floor covered in my own vomit to the sound of my wife yelling through the house "don't call a goddamn ambulance, we can't afford that shit."

Luckily my heartbeat went back to normal? It's a pretty shitty situation when your first thought in a medical emergency isn't about getting your health in order, but making sure your finances stay in order.

Note, I have nothing against the person who wrote that but this situation is way beyond what any fictional parody could have...

Also stories about people who die because they know that they can't pay the eventual hospital bills. The common talking point is "but you can go to the emergency room" which ignores the fact that eventually there will be a bill. And people who know that their family can't afford the bill will delay going in the hopes that they get better... And if that doesn't happen their ailment is already worsened and too often it is too late to fix it. And even in the cases where it can be cured it may be more expensive than if they had gone to doctor sooner.

There's also the misconception that the emergency room is required to treat you. No, if you can't afford to pay, they're only required to stabilize you.
Who needs a signature?

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #126 on: May 12, 2017, 12:02:44 am »

...I believe that this person needs some psychiatric counseling.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #127 on: May 12, 2017, 01:42:20 am »

...I believe that this person needs some psychiatric counseling.

He would probably respond by calling you Askolda, and insinuating you were FTM.

That is some odd insanity.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline SomeApe

• Bishop
« Reply #128 on: May 12, 2017, 06:00:42 am »
"That name is throwing me all sorts of red flags"?
This guy just CAN'T be for real. Please tell me that's Poe or I have to come to America to punch this guy in the nuts
just your regular ape

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #129 on: May 12, 2017, 06:24:31 am »
I am now thinking of what life would be like had we had to fight Adolfina Hitler.

pyro

« Reply #130 on: May 12, 2017, 11:46:45 am »
Did Bill the Troll move to Voat?

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #131 on: May 14, 2017, 12:26:12 pm »

Incels. Wow. I wonder why they don't get laid.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #132 on: May 14, 2017, 11:39:44 pm »
If there was a prolific female rapist exclusively targeting men, they'd probably have the easiest victims in the world going after incels, in part because the incels would not be able to process such a thing happening least of all to them.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #133 on: May 15, 2017, 12:03:36 am »
If there was a prolific female rapist exclusively targeting men, they'd probably have the easiest victims in the world going after incels, in part because the incels would not be able to process such a thing happening least of all to them.

>implying that such a hypothetical female rapist would want to rape incels, and that they'd not desire to be fucked by her
>implying that such a hypothetical female rapist would ever want to rape incels
>implying
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #134 on: May 15, 2017, 12:11:39 am »
"They're not racist, they're defending their ethnic identity"
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".