Author Topic: American drone strike kills Iranian general  (Read 4908 times)

Offline Vanto

• Bishop
American drone strike kills Iranian general
« on: January 03, 2020, 11:47:19 am »
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/airstrike-kills-top-iran-general-qassim-suleimani-baghdad-airport-iraqi-n1109821

While I'm not shedding any tears for Soleimani, that doesn't mean I approve of this. Trump just sharply increased tensions in the region.
Stop the timeline, I wanna get off.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Re: American drone strike kills Iranian general
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2020, 12:11:36 pm »
And all to make his impeachment trial...go away.

Ironbite-still doesn't stop the fact that he was impeached though.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2020, 11:19:43 pm »
but he wasn't impeached didn't you read that article by the guy the democrats called as a witness that said trump's not impeached until the articles go to the senate
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2020, 12:13:00 am »
I'm glad I'm too old to be drafted. I in no way would want to support a war started by this buffoon President.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2020, 12:36:07 am »

« Last Edit: January 04, 2020, 12:40:49 am by Skybison »

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2020, 01:29:06 am »
Well, in fairness, Obama did attack Libya, though it was before Trump tweeted about Obama's attacking either Libya or Iran.
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2020, 01:46:24 am »
As much as it seems this is bad, I'll remind everyone we have been here before.

Remember the Syria attack? Trump hit Syria and everyone panicked and thought this would surely be World War 3 by pissing off Russia.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2020, 08:57:04 am »
Even if it doesn't start a huge war. It's really tainting our presence on the world's stage even further. Much so that it could take decades for allies and other country's to trust us again.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2020, 11:08:37 pm »
https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/iran-general-airstrike-death-funeral-1.5415115

Now Thanos is saying that if Iran retaliates for this assassination, the US will hit 52 Iranian sites.

Including ones of cultural importance.

Which is a war crime, and both Thanos and anyone carrying out his orders would be liable under US law.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2020, 12:20:55 am »
Trump is more like the Green Goblin. They really should do a President Norman story line in Marvel.

"Make America Goblin Again."
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2020, 12:54:50 am »
Trump is more like the Green Goblin. They really should do a President Norman story line in Marvel.

"Make America Goblin Again."

Yeah, but I'm calling him Thanos because his campaign literally compared him to the second-most prolific mass murderer in fiction, and an acquaintance of mine on another forum gets annoyed when anyone uses cutesy terms for him... so I say "Thanos" since I can say, it's not me, it's not lefty media, it's his own damn campaign.

Offline Vanto

• Bishop
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2020, 11:41:59 am »
The Iraqi Parliament just passed a resolution to request the removal of American troops:

https://www.npr.org/2020/01/05/793746580/iraqi-parliament-votes-to-expel-u-s-troops-from-country-in-wake-of-soleimani-str

It's a non-binding resolution that has to be approved by the government, but it would be difficult for them to reject it outright.
Stop the timeline, I wanna get off.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2020, 02:10:36 pm »
I predict that exactly zero US soldiers will be removed as a result of this resolution.

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2020, 05:29:35 pm »
The USA invaded Iraq to give them FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOOMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!! not the right to make their own choices.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2020, 05:56:35 pm »
The USA invaded Iraq to give them FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOOMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!! not the right to make their own choices.

Well, yeah. That's pretty much been the hallmark of US foreign policy (especially in Latin America) for at least a century now.

EDIT: Also, over/under on how many people in the media will ask, if the US ends up at war with Iran, "how are you going to pay for it"?
« Last Edit: January 06, 2020, 03:56:48 am by dpareja »