Author Topic: It's official: Kanye's running for POTUS  (Read 1392 times)

Offline Vanto

• Bishop
Stop the timeline, I wanna get off.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
Re: It's official: Kanye's running for POTUS
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2020, 01:51:44 pm »
He's going to be our future president. I'm not joking.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline DarkPhoenix

• Bishop
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2020, 01:04:48 am »
People can say they're running all they want.  People can endorse other people all they want.  The US has rules about who can and cannot be on the voting ballots; they're different in each state, but they do exist.

Basically, if Kanye was serious about this, he should have done it months ago.  Now there's likely no way he can get his name on the ballots in multiple states.  So he's telling people to write his name in instead of voting for one of the actual candidates...

Online dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2020, 05:00:41 am »
Some states don't even allow write-ins as I recall.

Plus there's fielding slates of electors. (Since the US still uses an ass-backwards system.)

And so on...
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2020, 10:25:53 pm »
He won't be president this time around. But he will be president.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline Vanto

• Bishop
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2020, 11:59:12 am »
How close would he be to a real-life version of President Camacho?
Stop the timeline, I wanna get off.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2020, 12:13:14 pm »
Probably nearly identical except with more auto tune in his speeches. Keeping up with the Kardashians will move to the white house where important governmental private information will be leaked in a few episodes.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline DarkPhoenix

• Bishop
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2020, 08:27:17 pm »
Probably nearly identical except with more auto tune in his speeches. Keeping up with the Kardashians will move to the white house where important governmental private information will be leaked in a few episodes.

Because Americans are idiots who vote for the first name the recognize, rather than looking at what the parties DO and deciding to vote based on that.

It's a bad sign that a country can get more people involved in voting for American Idol than in the elections for their damned leaders...

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2020, 05:51:37 am »

I didn't think a president-based reality show more terrible than what we currently have could possibly exist but you just described what that would be exactly in less than 35 words. Thanks, I hate it.