Author Topic: Best Political Cartoons  (Read 1649035 times)

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
Re: Best Political Cartoons
« Reply #3585 on: April 15, 2014, 07:45:13 pm »
On the comic itself, I will point out the difference is that the one with the white guy getting murdered would end in everyone calling for the black groups heads, the other scenario would likely result in the white guys getting off scott free as they were simply defending themselves against the negro menace.
Did you come out of a time warp from the 1970s?
Yes, but I'm not sure why this has to do with my bitterness over the Trayvon martin case and about a half-dozen other cases of black guys getting killed and the murderer getting away shit-free because he/she (okay, he) was simply defending himself from the scary unarmed black teenager.
I think George Zimmerman is a brute, but I don't think he's a racist.  It seems likely that racism played a role in getting him off, but it also helped this guy:

Anyway, that kind of thing doesn't happen nearly as often as it used to.  True, it still happens too much, but it's far from a common occurrence.

The thing about OJ is that racism did play a role in getting him off but not in the way that I think you are suggesting Ultimate Paragon. The reason OJ was acquitted was because the racist detectives at the LAPD decided to plant evidence to try and insure a conviction. Once the planted evidence was discovered it was too hard not to have reasonable doubt about the murder. Hence 'If the gloves don't fit, you must acquit!'.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #3586 on: April 15, 2014, 08:16:26 pm »
On the comic itself, I will point out the difference is that the one with the white guy getting murdered would end in everyone calling for the black groups heads, the other scenario would likely result in the white guys getting off scott free as they were simply defending themselves against the negro menace.
Did you come out of a time warp from the 1970s?
Yes, but I'm not sure why this has to do with my bitterness over the Trayvon martin case and about a half-dozen other cases of black guys getting killed and the murderer getting away shit-free because he/she (okay, he) was simply defending himself from the scary unarmed black teenager.
I think George Zimmerman is a brute, but I don't think he's a racist.  It seems likely that racism played a role in getting him off, but it also helped this guy:

Anyway, that kind of thing doesn't happen nearly as often as it used to.  True, it still happens too much, but it's far from a common occurrence.

The thing about OJ is that racism did play a role in getting him off but not in the way that I think you are suggesting Ultimate Paragon. The reason OJ was acquitted was because the racist detectives at the LAPD decided to plant evidence to try and insure a conviction. Once the planted evidence was discovered it was too hard not to have reasonable doubt about the murder. Hence 'If the gloves don't fit, you must acquit!'.
I was suggesting both, actually.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #3587 on: April 15, 2014, 08:58:55 pm »
I'm actually inbetween on the racism = power + prejudice thing.

On one hand, I do believe it is redefining a word to describe it like that.

On the other hand, it's handy because it spites the crackers who believe that racism against a white person is totes equivalent to racism against a black person.

Because, ya know, there's totally a history of black people oppressing white people as recently as this century and all.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #3588 on: April 15, 2014, 09:03:45 pm »

On the other hand, it's handy because it spites the crackers who believe that racism against a white person is totes equivalent to racism against a black person.

Because, ya know, there's totally a history of black people oppressing white people as recently as this century and all.
Um... Zimbabwe?

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #3589 on: April 15, 2014, 11:23:11 pm »

Um... Zimbabwe?

Largely myth.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #3590 on: April 15, 2014, 11:56:49 pm »

Um... Zimbabwe?

Largely myth.
Uh, no.  Genocidewatch calls the persecution of whites in Zimbabwe a Stage 5 case.

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
« Reply #3591 on: April 16, 2014, 12:24:28 am »

Um... Zimbabwe?

Largely myth.
Uh, no.  Genocidewatch calls the persecution of whites in Zimbabwe a Stage 5 case.

As in, there is a certain degree of discrimination? It's absolutely ludicrous to call Zimbabwe's farm policy genocide.

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #3592 on: April 16, 2014, 12:27:34 am »

Um... Zimbabwe?

Largely myth.

As in, there is a certain degree of discrimination? It's absolutely ludicrous to call Zimbabwe's farm policy genocide.
True, but things are more than a little worrisome.  This kind of thing has been seen before, in Rwanda, Yugoslavia, Darfur, etc.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 12:30:02 am by Ultimate Paragon »

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
« Reply #3593 on: April 16, 2014, 12:38:18 am »

Um... Zimbabwe?

Largely myth.

True, but things are more than a little worrisome.  This kind of thing has been seen before, in Rwanda, Yugoslavia, Darfur, etc.

Total crap. The only genocide this even remotely resembles is Rwanda - in the sense that the Tutsis, like white Zimbabweans, were willing participants in a colonial regime that committed acts that can be considered actual genocide.

The real tragedy of Zimbabwe is that the government was once legitimately trying to do the right thing - peacefully compensate the descendants of the white thieves for their bullshit land claims to almost all of Zimbabwe - but then a series of disasters basically stopped this. Obviously, Zimbabwe isn't going to actually enforce the bullshit land claims to their country, so the other alternative is violence. The other tragedy is that pretty effective militia leaders don't always make good heads of state. And the other other tragedy is that if you leave someone in charge of something for a while, eventually they will break it.

-FDR

Offline Sylvana

• The Beast
« Reply #3594 on: April 16, 2014, 03:21:32 am »
The real tragedy of Zimbabwe is that the government was once legitimately trying to do the right thing - peacefully compensate the descendants of the white thieves for their bullshit land claims to almost all of Zimbabwe - but then a series of disasters basically stopped this. Obviously, Zimbabwe isn't going to actually enforce the bullshit land claims to their country, so the other alternative is violence. The other tragedy is that pretty effective militia leaders don't always make good heads of state. And the other other tragedy is that if you leave someone in charge of something for a while, eventually they will break it.

Zimbabwe is a lot more nuanced than that. It is far more about a corrupt militarily powerful clique controlling the country and plundering its wealth than it is about helping the people. While there is a degree of unjust land redistribution, it does not even come close to genocide. If anything the farm violence has for more to do with revenge and just basic thuggery and short sighted thievery.

In Zimbabwe right now, multinationals and whites are still surprisingly well looked after despite demands from government that those companies give a controlling share of their companies to the local population. (the local population being primarily anyone in the ZanuPF power clique.)

There really isn't any white genocide, even in Africa. Whites like to blow things out of proportion, but are still well looked after. Primarily because the people who would normally commit the genocide are kept in check by the black elites of the country who prefer the whites to be economically productive. As long as the whites are economically productive and pay taxes, then the country makes money, which allows the greed of the black elite to be satiated on imported luxuries.

Greed beats genocide every time. Quite often genocide is just a means of satiating some peoples greed.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #3595 on: April 16, 2014, 10:07:23 am »
Greed beats genocide every time. Quite often genocide is just a means of satiating some peoples greed.

QFT. Greed is always at the heart of oppression, from invasion to pogrom and all the way up to the point of genocide. The strategy is as old as humanity. Hatred of the target people is stirred up by the attacking tribe, nation, or party leadership, and wrapped up in glorified patriotism, bigotry and religious fervor with every deliberate intent to "justify" the theft of the slaughtered peoples' land and wealth.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #3596 on: April 16, 2014, 05:52:49 pm »

Um... Zimbabwe?

My fault, I didn't specify "in the United States."
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #3597 on: April 16, 2014, 05:59:06 pm »

Um... Zimbabwe?

My fault, I didn't specify "in the United States."
It's okay.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #3598 on: April 16, 2014, 06:14:52 pm »
Good....

THE SUBJECT WILL NOW CHANGE!

What do you think about these babies?

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #3599 on: April 16, 2014, 07:26:03 pm »

Somalia: A country that proves Objectivists wrong.