Author Topic: Best Political Cartoons  (Read 1654336 times)

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
Re: Best Political Cartoons
« Reply #4170 on: July 16, 2014, 10:10:41 pm »

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?
« Reply #4171 on: July 16, 2014, 10:17:54 pm »

Anyone wanna tell me what this comic is referring to?
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #4172 on: July 16, 2014, 10:20:01 pm »

Anyone wanna tell me what this comic is referring to?
Michael Sam becoming the first openly gay player in the NFL.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #4173 on: July 16, 2014, 10:24:09 pm »
Israel is the greatest military power in the Middle East, and it can't shut down it's home-grown secessionist terrorist problem even with all our tax dollars.

I say, we cut it's foreign aid if they're just going to use it to make weapons to kill civilians. That's a war crime, no matter how my brother  or anybody else tries to slice it as "anti-terrorism". Even worse, this diverts the government's attentions from the problems like poverty with a poverty rate of 20%

In addition, it's clear that Israel makes our early 2000s America look horrendous. For instance, 1000 Palestinians were killed on the grounds of "500 of them were militants".

Unacceptable for a democratic state, much less a explicit ally of the United States.
You make it sound as if Israel is deliberately targeting innocent people.  While the deaths of innocent Palestinians are undoubtedly tragic, it's hardly an industrial-scale My Lai.  Besides, Hamas must shoulder some of the blame because of their cowardly tactics.

Not as cowardly as holding somebody incommunicado before trying them before a military court, is it?

Or using human shields.

Or targeted killings.
Since when does the IDF use human shields?  That's a tactic Hamas uses.

It's a documented fact, by HRW, AI, and the UN.
And it was banned by Israel's High Court of Justice.  Besides, Hamas got that ball rolling.
And Israel's military is still doing it.

Ironbite-because they don't care as long as a single Palestinian lives

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #4174 on: July 16, 2014, 10:26:06 pm »
Israel is the greatest military power in the Middle East, and it can't shut down it's home-grown secessionist terrorist problem even with all our tax dollars.

I say, we cut it's foreign aid if they're just going to use it to make weapons to kill civilians. That's a war crime, no matter how my brother  or anybody else tries to slice it as "anti-terrorism". Even worse, this diverts the government's attentions from the problems like poverty with a poverty rate of 20%

In addition, it's clear that Israel makes our early 2000s America look horrendous. For instance, 1000 Palestinians were killed on the grounds of "500 of them were militants".

Unacceptable for a democratic state, much less a explicit ally of the United States.
You make it sound as if Israel is deliberately targeting innocent people.  While the deaths of innocent Palestinians are undoubtedly tragic, it's hardly an industrial-scale My Lai.  Besides, Hamas must shoulder some of the blame because of their cowardly tactics.

Not as cowardly as holding somebody incommunicado before trying them before a military court, is it?

Or using human shields.

Or targeted killings.

And it was banned by Israel's High Court of Justice.  Besides, Hamas got that ball rolling.

Oh please.  You talk as if Israel is committing outright genocide.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #4175 on: July 16, 2014, 10:47:35 pm »

Or using human shields.

Or targeted killings.

Probably because they are?
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #4176 on: July 16, 2014, 11:03:36 pm »

Or using human shields.

Or targeted killings.

Oh, fuck off.  Yes, there are wingnuts calling for the genocide of Palestinians.  Yes, what Israel does is questionable.  But it's not genocide.  Are Palestinians being worked to death, or shot on sight, or herded into gas chambers?  No, they're not.  That kind of exaggerated, dangerous, irresponsible rhetoric only hurts your case and the Palestinian cause. 

You want a real genocide?  Look at Rwanda.  Look at Yugoslavia.  Look at Darfur.  If Israel was committing genocide, would they have withdrawn from Gaza?  Would they have recognized the PLO as the voice of the Palestinian people?  Would they have arrested the men who killed Mohammed Abu Khdeir?  Would they have hesitated to fire on Palestinian civilians (as they have done repeatedly)?  No, they wouldn't.

You know who is genocidal?  Hamas.  They who cheer on the deaths of innocent people just because they were Jewish.  They who teach The Protocols of Zion as if it were true.  They spread stories about the blood libel, deny the Holocaust, and consider the only good Jew to be a dead Jew.  It's clear as crystal who the real genocidal maniacs are.

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
« Reply #4177 on: July 16, 2014, 11:07:30 pm »
I'll get out the popcorn...

Cheesy or extra butter?
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #4178 on: July 16, 2014, 11:10:47 pm »
Extra Butter

Offline chad sexington

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #4179 on: July 16, 2014, 11:43:23 pm »
This is a cartoons thread, not an I/P thread.

~~~

For content:

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #4180 on: July 17, 2014, 04:27:01 am »

Or using human shields.

Or targeted killings.

Oh, fuck off.  Yes, there are wingnuts calling for the genocide of Palestinians.  Yes, what Israel does is questionable.  But it's not genocide. ['/quote]

I agree with that, I mean obviously it's not mass murder. But are we so sure Israel has changed its spots since 1948? This is a state founded on ethnic cleansing - like in Yugoslavia. Is that not what they are doing now? They try to make Palestine so miserable for Palestinians that eventually they will surrender their homes to Israel without a fight. And much of Palestine has already been given up. How much of Palestine has Israel already (illegally) annexed through settlement construction?

If Israel was committing genocide, would they have withdrawn from Gaza?

Why did Israel withdraw from Gaza? Because it was too expensive to maintain a few hundred settlers - and they'd given up on direct annexation, as in the West Bank. Instead, blockade was the answer. Lay siege, starve them out.

You know who is genocidal?  Hamas.

Is Hamas genocidal? Of course not. This is exactly the hysterical overreaction you decry in others, and rightly so. Firstly, Hamas has no capacity to commit even the sort of mass casualties Israel routinely inflicts on them. Or even to sufficiently bloody Israel's nose to force them to the negotiating table, which they resolutely refuse to do. Why was there a negotiated peace with Egypt, but not Palestine? Because Egypt was an actual threat to people, and Palestine is not; you can kick them around all day long, and they can't even touch you, except just enough to justify kicking them some more.

Nor does Hamas even have the intention of killing Jews. Would Hamas accept a peace overture from Israel, based on the Green Line? Of course. In a heartbeat. It is to achieve this end that Hamas occasionally uses force, and usually uses non-violent tactics. Indeed, Hamas has been hyper-actively cracking down on bottle-rocket usage over the last year, in order to prevent the deaths of Jews. In order to justify a counter-attack, Israel stopped their efforts.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #4181 on: July 17, 2014, 06:50:19 am »
1.  "Founded on ethnic cleansing"?  That's wrong in so many ways I can't even begin to describe it.  And many Israelis oppose the settlements.

2.  No.  It was done primarily to try and speed along a peace process.  And if they wanted to drive the Palestinians out of Gaza, why wasn't it a continuous blockade since 2005?  If they're trying to take over Gaza, they're doing a crappy job of it.

3.  Citation needed.

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #4182 on: July 17, 2014, 06:57:59 am »
Remember when this thread was about the best of political cartoons, and not the 65-year debacle?
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #4183 on: July 17, 2014, 07:26:37 am »

Fuck Neo-Confederates!

Offline Canadian Mojo

• Don't Steal Him. We Need Him. He Makes Us Cool!
  • The Beast
  • Υπό σκιή
« Reply #4184 on: July 17, 2014, 09:20:53 am »

I just find it amusing that you seem to think that Hamas should use chivalrous tactics. Chivalry is for two kinds of people: people who are in such a commanding position they know they are going to win and idiots.

I'd also like to point out that Israel does target innocent people. They are just smart enough to not use a bullet to the brain when bottling them up in the middle east equivalent of WWII Warsaw works just as well. Hell, politically it probably works better since there is less bad press and you have a ready made boogey man at your disposal when you need it.