Author Topic: CEO to Workers: You Could Be Fired If Obama Wins  (Read 3194 times)

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
Re: CEO to Workers: You Could Be Fired If Obama Wins
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2012, 03:56:34 pm »
It's impossible, literally impossible for everyone to become multibillionaires through the "right choices"

For one thing, if they did, the economy would implode.  For another, a lot of the jobs they work at right now are necessary for the economy (and civilization) to prosper.

Take a store that sells tires and becomes a multibillionaire industry.  The owner becomes rich, rich, rich.

But all of those people working under him are what made him rich in the first place.  Sure, he worked hard, but so did they.

Now, imagine if every one of those employees went and started their own tire store.  What happens?  You have about a hundred to a thousand tire stores that are all competing with each other and then tanking because they have no employees.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline TheReasonator

• Bishop
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2012, 10:50:58 am »
How do people have everything and can still callously say "I would have no choice" as if he couldn't just give himself a massive pay cut and still be filthy rich?

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2012, 11:13:32 am »
How do people have everything and can still callously say "I would have no choice" as if he couldn't just give himself a massive pay cut and still be filthy rich?

I think I'ma just quote myself from another thread.

I heard it's quite easy when you don't have a conscience.

Because I'm just gonna repeat myself, anyway.
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline TenfoldMaquette

• Pope
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2012, 11:19:54 am »

As far as I can tell, humans have a shitty perception of just how wealthy they really are, and it just gets more distorted the wealthier you are. Essentially, if you (generic "you") aren't doing better than you were the year before then you're obviously on the decline and the end is nigh. Yes, you (again, generic "you") could technically take a small pay cut to make ends meet for your business, and still make shitloads of money...but...no. That would be not making more, and thus you would be at risk and that's simply unacceptable since YOU are the only one taking the risk in running this company.

Like...say I make $15k a year; I could technically take a pay cut and still keep going, though paying bills on time would be harder. The multimillionaire CEO douche linked in the OP? He thinks he's in the same boat, financially speaking, as I am; he thinks he's on financially precarious grounds and any challenge to that could severely curtail his livelihood at any moment. He's WRONG, but that's what he actually thinks.

Offline Canadian Mojo

• Don't Steal Him. We Need Him. He Makes Us Cool!
  • The Beast
  • Υπό σκιή
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2012, 07:27:37 pm »
Quote from: TenfoldMaquette link=topic=2818.msg99040#msg99040
  He thinks he's in the same boat, financially speaking, as I am; he thinks he's on financially precarious grounds and any challenge to that could severely curtail his livelihood at any moment. He's WRONG, but that's what he actually thinks.

He's not necessarily wrong about being on financially precarious grounds and that a pay cut would impact his quality of life; he seems like the kind of person who isn't inclined to spend wisely or with any moderation.

It's not just the middle class that live on the ragged edge of their paychecks by getting the biggest mortgage, car payments, and toys they can afford.

Of course, I just can't bring myself to feel sorry for a guy who could afford to spend a million dollars to get laid if his lifestyle is somewhat curtailed by paying a bit more tax.

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2012, 07:57:08 pm »
Oh good, trying to frighten workers into voting Rmoney. Same thing those slimy Koch brothers are up to...