Author Topic: Euro Gamers will have a hard time getting new EA games  (Read 1288 times)

Offline CaseAgainstFaith

• Pope
  • Smartass with a Dunce Hat
Euro Gamers will have a hard time getting new EA games
« on: February 29, 2012, 10:03:23 am »
Eurogamer has been sent the internal memo emailed to GAME and Gamestation staff this morning which broke the news that the company will not be stocking Mass Effect 3 at any of its stores.

The first half of the email is for store managers explaining the situation, while the latter includes a list of instructions for how to break the news to pre-order customers who have already given GAME their money.

GAME will not stock EA titles as the company is "committed to only stocking products on which we could get the right credit terms", something it has apparently failed to do for Mass Effect 3.

As a "gesture of goodwill", customers will be able to claim £5 worth of Reward Points and a full refund - although previous information provided to Eurogamer suggests this refund will be store credit, not cash.

The memo also states that the company will not take any further deposits or pre-orders for forthcoming EA titles FIFA Street, Tiger Woods 13 and Sims 3 Showtime.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-02-29-revealed-games-memo-to-staff-on-mass-effect-3-cancellation

I guess after this then its Amazon/internet or bust?  I'm not sure how many avenues you guys have to buy games.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 10:12:09 am by CaseAgainstFaith »
Reasoning with a fundie is like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it is victorious - Anonymous
Let us drink like dwarves; Smoke like wizards and party like hobbits!

Offline shadowpanther

• Sod it, this'll do.
  • Bishop
  • FOR SCIENCE!
Re: Euro Gamers will have a hard time getting new EA games
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 03:23:03 pm »
Aha, buying video games. You make me chuckle.

But seriously, I use Amazon all the time anyway and my local Game closed 5 months ago anyway so..yeah. Basically I get to sit back and laugh at people who were going to be paying more than me anyway.
Fight Spam! Click Here!
"Kick logic to the curb and do the impossible!"- Kamina, Gurren Lagann.

"Telling someone they know a lot is like telling a man with a few grains of sand clinging to him that he possess much sand."-Stephen Fry

They say an Englishman's home is his castle; which is handy as my home IS a castle and I LAUGH from the top of the turrets.

Offline MaybeNever

• Got His Red Wings
  • Pope
  • Possessed of a proclivity for prolixity
Re: Euro Gamers will have a hard time getting new EA games
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 02:40:03 am »
This seems legit to me. From the email I get the sense that EA's bending them over the barrel just like it does to ever gamer with an IQ greater than 14 who wants to do more than just buy the latest sports title because it has a more biggester number onnit than the lastedy year's gamebox, and Eurogamer's not going to put up with it. Maybe that's wrong, but I wouldn't be surprised if it came out that EA's executive staff had murdered a busload of orphan kittens, cremated them, used the ashes to create some sort of slurry, used the slurry as a marital aid, then packaged the befouled slurry and sold it as food to orphan humans with diseases at a five million percent markup. It's just their MO.
"Great Britain's two most senior military officers added to the uneasiness. [...] Lord Wolseley, Adjutant General, thought that it might be possible for an enemy to invade without waiters and pastrycooks."
-Robert K. Massie, Dreadnought