Author Topic: Hooters Bomb Threat  (Read 14570 times)

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
Re: Hooters Bomb Threat
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2013, 08:38:17 am »
Fred, for the last time stop being dense. You were doing so well for a couple days then you just couldn't keep it in anymore could you?

PROTOCOL states that the police must take bomb threats entirely seriously, whether Dumbass Lt. Fred from FSTDT thinks they should or not.

If they decided not to take a bomb threat seriously and then it's actually true there's a bomb you would then blame the police for not checking on it. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

So shut up.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Scotsgit

• Is Reenacting Reality or Reality Reenacting?
  • The Beast
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2013, 10:27:18 am »
Fred, am trying to work out if you're being dense or obstinate:

The guy made what wasn't a funny joke.  That wasn't why the Police arrested him.  They arrested him and locked the place down because the pillock had said something that could be interpreted as a threat.  The Police responded as they are trained to do:  Someone has made what sounds like a bomb threat (as Shane says, it happened to occur within the same week as a genuine bomb in Boston) and the Police then had to secure the area and get the man.  He might be joking.  Then again he might not.  I know you seem to think it's some sort of over-reaction, but it wasn't.  The Police can't be sure the man is joking and terrorists have been known to joke about things like this - in Ulster, about 16 years ago, two members of the UVF went into a pub on Halloween dressed in full paramilitary gear and shouted "Trick or treat".  Now I know that you probably think that's a harmless joke, except it wasn't harmless, the pair then pulled out machine-guns and shot directly into the crowd.  Not so funny now, is it?  The Police in this case realise that this might be harmless, but they have no way of being sure.  They have to react in the way that they did as they won't know until they have if they have done the right thing and in this case they certainly did.
I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley!

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2013, 10:39:16 am »
It is a crime to make a false bomb threat, explained LAPD Lt. Andy Neiman.
One wonders why he bothers to clarify "false". Surely it is also a crime if it's a real threat?

I meant to tackle this question when I posted earlier today: he clarifies false mainly to state that it's also against the law to make a threat as well as it being the real thing. Since, as apparently seen here people don't seem to think it should be a serious thing.

It's the same kind of thing about it being against the law to incite panic by yelling "fire!" in a movie theater.

As you can see here they detail the protocol for looking into bomb threats and how to report them.

The site goes on to state that "Law enforcement takes threatening calls seriously, and so should you." Again emphasizing protocol for these kinds of things.

Also, as for why I posted it, well... cause the man who did the joke was a dumbass. Also I found it amusing he did it at a Hooters.

&
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Canadian Mojo

• Don't Steal Him. We Need Him. He Makes Us Cool!
  • The Beast
  • Υπό σκιή
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2013, 12:03:15 pm »
<lt. Fred>I want to live in a country where you don't have the right to own a gun -- even for purposes of defending yourself, but you do have the right to yell fire in a theater as long as it is a joke.</lt. Fred>

Is there anything in America that you are not opposed to simply because it came from the U.S.? I swear you are as bad as the Republicans who are always blocking Obama because they can't admit he might be right once and a while.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2013, 12:24:34 pm »
I would be surprised if in Australia police did not follow a similar lock-down-and-clear procedure in a similar circumstance.

And then detain the fuckwit who cried Wolf! with similar charges, too.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 08:53:20 pm by mellenORL »
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2013, 12:55:44 pm »
Looks like the biggest boob in that restaurant is not on the chest of one of the waitresses.

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2013, 07:02:57 pm »
Looks like the biggest boob in that restaurant is not on the chest of one of the waitresses.

I spat out my drink, Spuki, damn you. :D
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2013, 08:39:50 pm »
Making a joke like that makes you an idiot. It doesn't make you a terrorism suspect. If a person had a bomb in their bag, would they be making jokes about it?

"I have a bomb in this bucket" isn't a joke, you twit.

Lucky you were an eyewitness and can tell us exactly what he said, in direct opposition to the cited article above. That's very convenient, I imagine.

It is a crime to make a false bomb threat, explained LAPD Lt. Andy Neiman.
One wonders why he bothers to clarify "false". Surely it is also a crime if it's a real threat?

I meant to tackle this question when I posted earlier today: he clarifies false mainly to state that it's also against the law to make a threat as well as it being the real thing. Since, as apparently seen here people don't seem to think it should be a serious thing.

It's the same kind of thing about it being against the law to incite panic by yelling "fire!" in a movie theater.

As you can see here they detail the protocol for looking into bomb threats and how to report them.

The site goes on to state that "Law enforcement takes threatening calls seriously, and so should you." Again emphasizing protocol for these kinds of things.

Also, as for why I posted it, well... cause the man who did the joke was a dumbass. Also I found it amusing he did it at a Hooters.

Fred, am trying to work out if you're being dense or obstinate:

The guy made what wasn't a funny joke.  That wasn't why the Police arrested him.  They arrested him and locked the place down because the pillock had said something that could be interpreted as a threat.

People do that all the goddamn time! People are idiots! There were probably millions of private bomb jokes over the last week. What do we do in response? Do we jump up and down, close the city down, arrest everybody? Or do we, you know, take it as a joke?

How did the police know this was a joke? Here's how

Threats are aimed at people, not made in private.
People who have bombs don't tell you they have bombs when they're sitting right there. Bomb threats happen over the phone.
SEARCH THE DAMN BAG.

I get leeway. I get zero tolerance in certain places- like airports. Sure, the cops should take stuff seriously when they're reasonable doubt. There was no reasonable doubt here. We should be able to tell the difference- and we goddamn can. We certainly could in this case.

But broad-based zero tolerance policies lead to teachers arresting children for 'threatening' other children with paper guns. That's the policy you're supporting.

Fred, for the last time stop being dense. You were doing so well for a couple days then you just couldn't keep it in anymore could you?

It's very convenient, I think, that 'well' is defined as 'agrees with me' and 'dense' with 'disagrees with me'. That's very convenient. Otherwise you might have to make an argument, and that could be difficult. Much easier this way.

PROTOCOL states that the police must take bomb threats entirely seriously, whether Dumbass Lt. Fred from FSTDT thinks they should or not.

If that's the case, if police truly have no choice in the matter, terrorists should just go around making bomb threats instead of planting real bombs. You could close down the country.

<lt. Fred>I want to live in a country where you don't have the right to own a gun -- even for purposes of defending yourself, but you do have the right to yell fire in a theater as long as it is a joke.</lt. Fred>

Is there anything in America that you are not opposed to simply because it came from the U.S.? I swear you are as bad as the Republicans who are always blocking Obama because they can't admit he might be right once and a while.

Again, this is very convenient. Agrees with me= loves America. Disagrees with me= irrationally hates America. Very convenient.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2013, 09:03:10 pm »
Fred think for two fucking seconds about when this bomb threat was made.

Otherwise we're done here. You are once again being purposely dense and belligerent. And your snide repetitions are unwanted.

Don't give me 'if it's true'. I already gave you damn proof about what's true about how they approach bomb threats.

Also a Hooters isn't private. If I were to go into the living room of my house and open my coat and go 'hey I've got a bomb hyuk' that's a joke in private. A bad one considering what happened this week, but it is a joke in private. What was done here was not.

And guess what, people can disagree about something without acting like you do. So don't give me your 'convenient that I'm well behaved only when I agree'. I've disagreed with my own friends on FSTDT about things but they still behaved properly about it. I've disagreed with people I wouldn't call friend and they've behaved properly without being a nitwit about things.

You're a belligerent contrarian. That's it. And it's getting old.

&

Offline Scotsgit

• The Beast
« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2013, 10:30:47 pm »
People do that all the goddamn time! People are idiots! There were probably millions of private bomb jokes over the last week. What do we do in response? Do we jump up and down, close the city down, arrest everybody? Or do we, you know, take it as a joke?

Nobody is talking about arresting everybody, don't fucking put words into my mouth.  You never, ever take bomb threats as a joke.  How the fuck do you actually know it's a joke without having fucking psychic powers?  You don't.

How did the police know this was a joke? Here's how

Threats are aimed at people, not made in private.
People who have bombs don't tell you they have bombs when they're sitting right there. Bomb threats happen over the phone.
SEARCH THE DAMN BAG.

Bomb threats happen over the phone?  Is that what you think?  Seriously?  Are you on the same fucking planet as the rest of us?  Bomb threats happen when someone claims to have a bomb or knows where one is.  Sometimes it's on the phone.  Sometimes it happens in person.  Sometimes they send a fucking letter.  And you're showing complete and utter ignorance if you think that anyone other than bomb disposal will search the bag because it might have a bomb in it and it can go off at any time, it may also be rigged to go off when you open the bag.  Got that?

I get leeway. I get zero tolerance in certain places- like airports. Sure, the cops should take stuff seriously when they're reasonable doubt. There was no reasonable doubt here. We should be able to tell the difference- and we goddamn can. We certainly could in this case.

No Fred, you can't tell, you're talking utter bollocks.  When someone makes a bomb threat, even when they're joking, you have to take it seriously, because when you don't that's the time it's real.

But broad-based zero tolerance policies lead to teachers arresting children for 'threatening' other children with paper guns. That's the policy you're supporting.

No Fred, what we're saying is that if you go around claiming to have a bomb, then people are going to take you seriously and call the cops.  Got that?

I really can't understand how you can't see what's so bloody obvious.

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2013, 10:35:42 pm »
Fred think for two fucking seconds about when this bomb threat was made. 

So you're going to have an irrational response to non-bomb threats for how long after an attack a continent away? A week? A year?

It makes sense to treat bomb threats irrationally at the airport. Nowhere else.

Also a Hooters isn't private. If I were to go into the living room of my house and open my coat and go 'hey I've got a bomb hyuk' that's a joke in private. A bad one considering what happened this week, but it is a joke in private. What was done here was not. 

You're not exactly jumping up and yelling fire in a crowded Hooters, though, are you?
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline Scotsgit

• The Beast
« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2013, 10:43:02 pm »
Seriously Fred, are you just being contrary for the sake of it, or is there a point to your posts?

Offline Canadian Mojo

• Don't Steal Him. We Need Him. He Makes Us Cool!
  • The Beast
  • Υπό σκιή
« Reply #42 on: April 20, 2013, 10:44:59 pm »

Again, this is very convenient. Agrees with me= loves America. Disagrees with me= irrationally hates America. Very convenient.
I think the convenience is all on your end because it allows you to sidestep the accusation that you seem to irrationally hate the U.S.

You should note however that I really dislike quite a few things about the U.S. and in no way, shape, or form could be considered to be in the 'loves America' camp so your equation kind of falls apart there.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2013, 10:52:57 pm »
Fred, either there's something seriously wrong with you or you're so desperate to believe that you're right that you'll go to any ends to believe that everyone else is wrong.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Auri-El

• Raxacoricofallapatorian
  • Pope
« Reply #44 on: April 20, 2013, 11:00:13 pm »
You're not exactly jumping up and yelling fire in a crowded Hooters, though, are you?

No, this person didn't jump up and yell fire in a crowded Hooters. He jumped up and announced he had a fucking bomb! How are you not getting that that's not okay?