Author Topic: Christian News Network fundies  (Read 155987 times)

Offline BobRumba

• God
Re: Christian News Network fundies
« Reply #480 on: November 15, 2017, 11:59:53 am »
I simply can't wait for this one to get approved, I have to post it now.  I hit the motherlode in terms of Amos's stupidity.  This is the grand poobah, queen mother of FSTDT submissions.  And I was a part of it all!

Silas Jennings:
“Science has been proving the Bible correct for decades”
Source please? We know Noah’s flood was impossible, that snakes cannot talk and let’s not get started about Jonah...

Amos Moses:
back at cha ..... Source please? .......

Silas Jennings:
You shouldn't need one unless you possess the answer about how those two penguins walked all the way from Antarctica, but this is a good starting place:
https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Global_flood

Amos Moses:
penguins can SWIM .... next ........ and FYI ..... there were more than 2 ......

Silas Jennings:
I see. And the kangaroos hopped?

Amos Moses:
kangaroos can also swim ...... need the video? ...... and you are making assumptions NOT based in science and on YOUR desire to believe what you want to believe .......... FAIL ............

Silas Jennings:
The video of two kangaroos taking a little transcontinental swim? Yes please. And penguins too if you don’t mind.
Do take your time. I think you’re going to be a while.

Amos Moses:
AGAIN .... you are making ASSUMPTIONS not based on any facts .... just what you want to believe .... you have no evidence it was a "transcontinental swim" ..... and penguins spend MONTHS at sea except for when they lay eggs and hatch ..... so "long swims" .... EASY .....
Banana Monster ne répond plus!

Offline Ambulance Chaser

• Bishop
« Reply #481 on: November 15, 2017, 12:27:11 pm »
He just took Occam’s razor and drove over it a few times with a Ford F-350.

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #482 on: November 15, 2017, 01:24:54 pm »

Infuriatingly though, he's strutting around like he's victorious in this.

Offline CrowFood

• Neonate
« Reply #483 on: November 15, 2017, 08:01:02 pm »

Infuriatingly though, he's strutting around like he's victorious in this.

This is why I’ve been hammering home on the idea that Amos thinks he’s God, or at least God’s Chosen super-special BFF. He’s making sweeping claims about what is and isn’t true, and if you disagree with him, you’re disagreeing with God. Really, the only thing that’s missing in terms of cult status is that Amos has the charisma of wet garbage.

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #484 on: November 16, 2017, 01:50:02 am »
Another annoying thing about Amos is his whole "what are you doing on a CHRISTIAN forum........" question.  You might not even be opposing a Christian principle, just a Christian principle filtered through Amos's bizarre worldview.

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #485 on: November 16, 2017, 09:04:21 pm »

Jerome Horowitz/Jason Todd/slidellman4life (real name Matthew T. Mason) is now Maxwell Edison.

It should be easy enough to get him banned.  Just report him every time he calls someone a name.  Which he will do eventually...he can’t help himself.

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #486 on: November 16, 2017, 09:27:32 pm »
He's supporting Roy Moore, no surprise.  Here's his Twitter feed.

https://twitter.com/slidellman4life?lang=en

Offline Bob J.

• Bishop
« Reply #487 on: November 18, 2017, 07:27:32 pm »
I am having a minor epiphany.  Reading Reason2012 and Amos’ responses, it seems that their legal reasoning and scripture interpretation often consists of taking certain words and applying some obscure definition of that word as the one and only meaning.  Thus words, such as, “right” means an unconditional right any time and any where.

After telling Amos to repeatedly get a dictionary, he still butchers the English language. Currently Amos, as he has done before,  is redefining the Strawman logical ploy to mean any differing statement with which he disagrees.
You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ―Obi-Wan Kenobi

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #488 on: November 18, 2017, 09:56:50 pm »
I started to get selfconscious about telling Amos to get a dictionary because I did it often under different usernames (the CNN ban hammer was strong), and I thought I was the only one to tell him his definitions were not the ones the dictionary uses.  It's good to know other people mention it too.

For all the good it did.  He's one of the stupidest people on the face of the earth.  He seems to think that the day God "chose" him (rather than the other way around) he was absolved from all future book learning.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #489 on: November 19, 2017, 03:49:28 pm »
I want to know if any of these folks would understand these two verses:

The Koran! well, come put me to the test--

Lovely old book in hideous error drest--

Believe me, I can quote the Koran too,

The unbeliever knows his Koran best.

And do you think that unto such as you,

A maggot-minded, starved, fanatic crew,

God gave the Secret, and denied it me?--

Well, well, what matters it! believe that too.

--Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam (trans. Le Gallienne)
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Bob J.

• Bishop
« Reply #490 on: November 19, 2017, 04:12:09 pm »
I started to get selfconscious about telling Amos to get a dictionary ...

Latest posting by Amos Moses
"GOD cannot be wrong and is not wrong .... and is not a liar ...... the dictionary is written by men who are ALL proven liars ........... and if what they say varies with scripture ..... then it is a lie ..............."

http://christiannews.net/2017/11/14/australians-vote-in-favor-of-same-sex-marriage-in-nationwide-postal-survey/
You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ―Obi-Wan Kenobi

Offline CrowFood

• Neonate
« Reply #491 on: November 20, 2017, 08:58:02 pm »
It is really kinda pitiful how badly they are handling Australia’s vote. Like, Reason2012 has to go full conspiracy nut because he can’t accept that most people want it legalized, and only a small minority wants to halt it. Oh well. Demographics are shifting, religion is dying out, and hopefully there will either be a re-examination of the major religions that leads to a chill pill or they just collapse.

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #492 on: November 20, 2017, 09:02:08 pm »
When Amos is losing, and losing badly, he invokes God and/or scripture.  And abandons all reason.

Offline CrowFood

• Neonate
« Reply #493 on: November 20, 2017, 09:10:22 pm »
When Amos is losing, and losing badly, he invokes God and/or scripture.  And abandons all reason.
He’s had to go a different route since I started accusing him of setting his ego as God. Now he’s just saying I’m a liar and need to be ignored, in that lovely way he does by responding to everything that’s written.

Offline Bob J.

• Bishop
« Reply #494 on: November 21, 2017, 01:19:14 am »
Tony Demarcus, Ph.D., D.D. - 21 posts on CNN and he has only had an account for 2 day
Every Post worthy to be submitted to FSTDT