Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1549805 times)

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #1125 on: August 30, 2013, 02:32:47 pm »

You can want to fuck someone for reasons other than wanting to fuck them. Fuck it, it's too early in the morning for that level of fucknugget.

That sounds reasonable to me. Some folks don't particularly want sex, but still do it to please their partner.
That still means that they don't want it, they just do it.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #1126 on: August 30, 2013, 02:49:11 pm »
No, you can want to have sex because you enjoy pleasing your partner. My original post was poorly worded.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 02:53:08 pm by Sleepy »
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #1127 on: August 30, 2013, 03:01:29 pm »
It's like wanting to go see a movie with someone you love, even though you don't really care about the movie.  You go because your loved one DOES care about the movie and wants to see it.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #1128 on: August 30, 2013, 04:12:28 pm »
It's like wanting to go see a movie with someone you love, even though you don't really care about the movie.  You go because your loved one DOES care about the movie and wants to see it.

Is it like Twilight where the asexual person spends the whole time just mocking everything?
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #1129 on: August 30, 2013, 04:15:18 pm »
This thread needs moar Riley.

Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #1130 on: August 30, 2013, 04:17:21 pm »
BITCHESSSSS

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1131 on: August 30, 2013, 04:46:20 pm »
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #1132 on: August 30, 2013, 04:56:49 pm »

Is it like Twilight where the asexual person spends the whole time just mocking everything?

Depends on if the non-asexual went for the same reason.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #1133 on: August 30, 2013, 05:43:41 pm »
BITCHESSSSS

so THAT'S what that bastard says everytime! and i thought he wanted hugs! makes me glad to drown the blasteding thing!
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline Commissar Kaz

• Tzeentchian Cultist
  • Bishop
  • Just as planned!
« Reply #1134 on: August 30, 2013, 08:35:40 pm »

Let's see:

1. I have no idea how anyone could find the Pale Man triggering. Yeah, it was kind creepy looking, but all it did was waddle around like a drunk old man.

2. What exactly do these trigger? Anger? Fear? PTSD? The memetic virus implanted in your mind to make your head explode?

I'm also gonna take a guess and say that their definition of pro-ana propaganda is less things that idolize toothpicks and more anything that doesn't include overweight people.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #1135 on: August 30, 2013, 11:48:01 pm »
There's an unfortunate amount of people who claim to be "triggered" when they aren't actually triggering anything. It's more like annoyance or it just brings up an unpleasant memory, but it's not like a girl I know who suffers from bulimia and self-harms and can be triggered to these behaviors if it reminds her of her extremely negative self-image.

I mentioned this a while ago, but frivolously claiming to be "triggered" by something or putting up "trigger warnings" for benign stuff ends up making things more difficult for people with actual problems. It becomes harder to separate the proverbial wheat from the chaff, and might encourage people who deal with a lot of whiny idiots to ignore someone's real issues.

QueenofHearts

« Reply #1136 on: August 30, 2013, 11:58:22 pm »
No, you can want to have sex because you enjoy pleasing your partner. My original post was poorly worded.

Agreed. And we've had this discussion like 10 times now. At this point, I think anyone still harking on the "hurr durr, asexuals kan nevr bone" meme is intentionally being dense.

Offline Lithp

• Official FSTDT Spokesman
  • The Beast
« Reply #1137 on: August 31, 2013, 05:12:22 am »
I think this one was a semantics thing. As I noted the first time that was posted, it really changes depending on how you interpret the meaning of "want sex." If "wanting" is simply "choosing to do it," then it makes sense. If "wanting," is "having sexuality, possibly hypersexuality," well, then, that's pretty self-explanatory.

My (caucasian) brother had a friend who was biracial when he was in high school. He called this kid "white boy" and the kid called him "nigger lover". Want to guess which one of them got in more trouble for the nicknames? (Hint: not the person using the more offensive word)

I do not understand what happened in this story or "Riley" at all.

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #1138 on: August 31, 2013, 07:25:21 am »
There's an unfortunate amount of people who claim to be "triggered" when they aren't actually triggering anything. It's more like annoyance or it just brings up an unpleasant memory, but it's not like a girl I know who suffers from bulimia and self-harms and can be triggered to these behaviors if it reminds her of her extremely negative self-image.

I mentioned this a while ago, but frivolously claiming to be "triggered" by something or putting up "trigger warnings" for benign stuff ends up making things more difficult for people with actual problems. It becomes harder to separate the proverbial wheat from the chaff, and might encourage people who deal with a lot of whiny idiots to ignore someone's real issues.

i find this very true, and unfortunately i find it links directly to the political-correctness-gone-mad of our current world. if i want to call a jew who acts like a bigot a "bigoted jew" (real imaginative, right there), i'll be nailed with antisemitism. if i want to call a girl who's acting like a scumbag a sad excuse for a girl, boom! misogyny, right there! well, i'm sorry but some people do act like raging douchecanoes and i will call them out on it.

this happened when i denied a guy service in my university lounge because he was a) visibly drunk and b) belligerent to my staff. the first one i don't care if you can keep yourself in check. the second is a "trigger" for me (it induces a black rage* that is tough to keep in check, and only happens in few circumstances). he made it the cochran defense "it's because i'm black isn't it? racist!" if you know me, i like to shock or at least shake up people's views because it's fun. i am not nor will i ever be prejudiced against anyone (but i am scared of girls, but hey, that's a work in progress). i told him in no incertain terms how i didn't care if his skin color was different, but because we are the same species, his attitude gave humans a bad name. i shamed him to the point of him trying to leave through security that a teammate had called up.

if i call you out on your idiotic behavior, it's not because you're black, white, a girl, a homo, a trans, a guy, it's because you're acting like an idiot. the world is big enough to have both paragons of goodness and evil in any group, i won't insult anyone based on anything but their personnal attitude.

just like here, if i ever have to call out anyone, it'll be because of their actions, not because of who/what they are/fit in which category.

*regarding my trigger, it boils down to self-loathing and finding myself in similar situations where i wasn't able to cope the first time around and got hurt quite badly. i relive the shame i felt, and i get very angry, which boils down to me usually leaving for 5 minutes to cool off. it's not pleasant, i don't get nightmares from the newest incident (but still the original one), and that's that. i am pretty hot-headed by nature, but it's something i don't like about myself, so i keep it under wraps because frankly, i don't like being angry. i meditate, think about it, try and be stoicist (the philosophical current) about it. much better for everyone.

[/rant] thanks for "listening"/reading
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #1139 on: August 31, 2013, 08:21:27 am »
I think this one was a semantics thing. As I noted the first time that was posted, it really changes depending on how you interpret the meaning of "want sex." If "wanting" is simply "choosing to do it," then it makes sense. If "wanting," is "having sexuality, possibly hypersexuality," well, then, that's pretty self-explanatory.

My (caucasian) brother had a friend who was biracial when he was in high school. He called this kid "white boy" and the kid called him "nigger lover". Want to guess which one of them got in more trouble for the nicknames? (Hint: not the person using the more offensive word)

I do not understand what happened in this story or "Riley" at all.
Yeah, that's much what I was saying. They can have sex, but they're having sex to make their partner happy. They do not want the sex, they want the happy partner. If they're asexual, the sex doesn't matter. They're doing it for the partner. Sure, they might want to do it to make the partner happy, but the sex is not important. If they could replace the sex with something else and have an equally happy partner, they wouldn't care. Meanwhile, a non-asexual would care about replacing the sex because they want sex too.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.