Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1550303 times)

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #1440 on: September 21, 2013, 02:09:20 am »
Damn it all, they've invaded the Legend of Korra fandom now:

Can we please not describe Bumi with words like ‘crazy’, ‘insane, ‘psycho’, etc. [or for any of the other characters for that matter].

Here are some non-ableist replacement words to use for Bumi: eccentric, erratic, random, odd, goofy, silly, quirky, bizarre, capricious, unreserved, impulsive… Look through a dictionary or thesaurus for more.

please & thank (ノ´ヮ´)ノ*:・゚✧

John Wayne Gacy was a really goofy, quirky, unreserved man.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #1441 on: September 21, 2013, 02:17:46 am »
Damn it all, they've invaded the Legend of Korra fandom now:

Can we please not describe Bumi with words like ‘crazy’, ‘insane, ‘psycho’, etc. [or for any of the other characters for that matter].

Here are some non-ableist replacement words to use for Bumi: eccentric, erratic, random, odd, goofy, silly, quirky, bizarre, capricious, unreserved, impulsive… Look through a dictionary or thesaurus for more.

please & thank (ノ´ヮ´)ノ*:・゚✧
I think they are talking about Avatar: The last airbender, not Legend of Korra. TLA had Bumi the eccentric/crazy/crazy-awesome king and Ang's childhood friend.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #1442 on: September 21, 2013, 03:13:11 am »
You haven't met Bumi then have you.

Ironbite-I think the name makes you insane.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #1443 on: September 21, 2013, 04:39:38 am »
Yeah Buumi 2 howls in his introduction.  He's certainly pretty damn nutters.

Awesomely so, mind.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #1444 on: September 21, 2013, 10:11:19 am »
I didn't know where to put this so...

The blog that posted this is becoming one of my favorite blogs. It chronicles various things so-called 'allies' say to the queer community. Such as the one I posted. "Allies" seem to think same-sex marriage is the only issue out there for queer people. "Allies" ignore other things such as homelessness and hate crimes.

I would have thought one of the many "points" of legalizing SSM when you don't care to marry the same sex yourself is that it helps to "normalize" the LGBT community in the eyes of the average straight folk.  After all, it's hard to maintain a dividing line between "Us" and "Them" if we can look over the picket fence and see that "They" have spouses, kids, etc. just like "We" do.

The more straight people see LGBT as being another kind of normal, the less of a problem we'll have with the other nasty issues by default.  It won't mean we can all sit on our laurels and watch bigotry solve itself; however, it will make solving those issues possible in places where it isn't yet.
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #1445 on: September 21, 2013, 10:14:28 am »
Yeah but that's sensible.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1446 on: September 21, 2013, 10:20:52 am »
Honestly, I'm hesitant to call non-straight folks "another kind of normal."  They're more just...humans.  Normalcy is a quaint ideal that ultimately means nothing when everyone is, in one way or another, "abnormal."  It just depends on how ya look at things.  I find enjoying Justin Bieber to be abnormal, but for others its perfectly normal.  Subjective terms are fun like that.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #1447 on: September 21, 2013, 02:12:05 pm »
Honestly, I'm hesitant to call non-straight folks "another kind of normal."  They're more just...humans.  Normalcy is a quaint ideal that ultimately means nothing when everyone is, in one way or another, "abnormal."  It just depends on how ya look at things.  I find enjoying Justin Bieber to be abnormal, but for others its perfectly normal.  Subjective terms are fun like that.

If you go by the generally accepted definition of "normal", then LGBT is certainly abnormal: heterosexuality and cissexuality is the majority, making it the norm. By its very definition, being homosexual or transsexual makes you abnormal.

It's just that it's not a bad thing.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #1448 on: September 21, 2013, 02:20:32 pm »
Meh, normal is overrated anyway.

QueenofHearts

« Reply #1449 on: September 21, 2013, 03:35:11 pm »

If you go by the generally accepted definition of "normal", then LGBT is certainly abnormal: heterosexuality and cissexuality is the majority, making it the norm. By its very definition, being homosexual or transsexual makes you abnormal.

If we go by that definition, white people are abnormal.

We are after all a global minority...

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1450 on: September 21, 2013, 04:56:11 pm »

If we go by that definition, white people are abnormal.

We are after all a global minority...

Yay, I'm a minority!

QueenofHearts

« Reply #1451 on: September 21, 2013, 05:00:33 pm »

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1452 on: September 21, 2013, 05:04:27 pm »

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #1453 on: September 21, 2013, 07:14:58 pm »
Anyone else notice how the Worst SJ thread maintains an almost perfect 3x size to the Best SJ thread. It's done this since at least when the were 27 and 9 pages respectively, if I'm remembering right. It seems to rarely vary from the perfect 3x page number by more than one page. just in the last day it seems to have gone from 31 and 93 to 32 and 97 (like I said, an occasional variation of one page).
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

wrightway

« Reply #1454 on: September 21, 2013, 07:20:46 pm »
I noticed, but wasn't going to say anything lest I jinx whatever board hoodoo makes these things happen.