Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1550403 times)

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #2295 on: January 17, 2014, 10:50:50 am »

"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
« Reply #2296 on: January 17, 2014, 01:21:37 pm »
Funny. I still get called a s j w despite the content of my tumblr.

Which brings me to something I would like to say and never got to: I have since come to revile the term "Social Justice Warrior", simply because it's almost like a buzzword invented to vilify rational-minded people posting about how our society is fucked (when this is true, though rarely exaggerated) instead of just people who want "justice" from the "discrimination" of having an imaginary boy/girlfriend (to where they trivialize the actual struggles of homosexuals, bisexuals, pansexuals and asexuals in society).

QueenofHearts

« Reply #2297 on: January 17, 2014, 02:11:59 pm »
Funny. I still get called a s j w despite the content of my tumblr.

Which brings me to something I would like to say and never got to: I have since come to revile the term "Social Justice Warrior", simply because it's almost like a buzzword invented to vilify rational-minded people posting about how our society is fucked (when this is true, though rarely exaggerated) instead of just people who want "justice" from the "discrimination" of having an imaginary boy/girlfriend (to where they trivialize the actual struggles of homosexuals, bisexuals, pansexuals and asexuals in society).

I agree. My favorite was being called a "social justice warrior" by a certain former admin because I stood up to him about using the word "it" in reference to transgender people.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #2298 on: January 17, 2014, 02:38:48 pm »

"philia" may mean love but it's used to refer to fetishes and other paraphernalia in common lingo.  Nice try >_>

The first line was promising (being attracted to animals doesn't mean you're automatically an animal rapist - raping an animal makes you an animal rapist.) but then it just went all downhill from there x_X
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2299 on: January 17, 2014, 03:51:04 pm »

"philia" may mean love but it's used to refer to fetishes and other paraphernalia in common lingo.  Nice try >_>

The first line was promising (being attracted to animals doesn't mean you're automatically an animal rapist - raping an animal makes you an animal rapist.) but then it just went all downhill from there x_X

Of course, this is when an asshole like me opens a massive can o worms by casually mentioning the term "paraphilia."
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #2300 on: January 17, 2014, 04:24:47 pm »
An animal cannot give consent, you dingbats!

Offline Murdin

• Bishop
« Reply #2301 on: January 17, 2014, 06:26:08 pm »

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #2302 on: January 17, 2014, 07:36:24 pm »
I'm gonna draw some oncoming fire my way here...

One of my best, dearest friends is a zoophile.  He's never done a thing with any real animal, despite owning seven dogs over the course of his 58 years of life.  He also has one of the most amazing vinyl record collections and plush animal collections (he likes deer and has a special adoration for Bambi) that I've ever seen.  I am proud and honored to know him.

So.  Tell me again how all zoophiles are evil animal-fuckers.  I'll be pleased as punch to make you eat through a straw for a few years.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #2303 on: January 17, 2014, 08:22:42 pm »
The point is not "all zoophiles are disgusting and should die" or whatever. The point is the silliness of trying to redefine zoophilia from "sexual attraction to animals"* to "love of animals". That's not what the word means and the argument is stupid.

*You. The person thinking of saying something along the lines of "humans are animals too!!!". You are not clever, you know exactly what I meant, and you should feel bad.
Σא

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #2304 on: January 17, 2014, 08:50:16 pm »
I'm gonna draw some oncoming fire my way here...

One of my best, dearest friends is a zoophile.  He's never done a thing with any real animal, despite owning seven dogs over the course of his 58 years of life.  He also has one of the most amazing vinyl record collections and plush animal collections (he likes deer and has a special adoration for Bambi) that I've ever seen.  I am proud and honored to know him.

So.  Tell me again how all zoophiles are evil animal-fuckers.  I'll be pleased as punch to make you eat through a straw for a few years.
You could have phrased that in a less internet tough guy way.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
« Reply #2305 on: January 17, 2014, 08:52:17 pm »
ex... cept that it does.

One of the VERY FIRST DEFINITIONS for '-philia':  'a strong feeling of love or admiration for something'

zo-? 'animal'

Ergo...? C'mon, do I REALLY need to spell this out for you guys?  The former may be, in the social sense, what Zoophilia is percieved as *now*, but the latter is FAR more accurate.

And Lizard? When my friend has had the cops called on him (repeatedly) for supposedly doing things with his dogs over the course of 20 years with no evidence or justification, then him getting stuck with the resulting legal bills from having to fight that bullshit, it makes me a little defensive on his behalf.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #2306 on: January 17, 2014, 09:28:29 pm »
ex... cept that it does.

One of the VERY FIRST DEFINITIONS for '-philia':  'a strong feeling of love or admiration for something'

zo-? 'animal'

Ergo...? C'mon, do I REALLY need to spell this out for you guys?  The former may be, in the social sense, what Zoophilia is percieved as *now*, but the latter is FAR more accurate.

Etymological fallacy. You might as well argue that homophobia means "fear of sameness" rather than "bigotry against gay people". That's one possible reading of the root words, but it's not what people actually mean when they say it.
Σא

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
« Reply #2307 on: January 17, 2014, 09:41:17 pm »
Then you may as well argue that the word 'fag' in any of the common 'definitons' is an etymological fallacy.  It can mean a cigarette, a bundle of sticks OR a derogatory slur against a gay person.  So which one do people "actually mean when they say it"?

This is why I get so frustrated when I see people equate zoophilia with 'does harmful things to animals, without fail, end of story, they all need to be locked up'.

Formerly Priestling

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
« Reply #2308 on: January 17, 2014, 09:49:19 pm »
All this developing zoophile drama:

(Sorry, Damen. I don't even like Loki.)

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
« Reply #2309 on: January 17, 2014, 10:07:07 pm »
All this developing zoophile drama:

(Sorry, Damen. I don't even like Loki.)

...gif thief...

Just kidding. :P
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen