Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1550235 times)

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #2940 on: March 10, 2014, 09:47:56 am »

Do they actually think there's some finite amount of people someone can be a role model for, and the Christian white girls are stealing all the slots and leaving Muslim girls out?
Σא

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2941 on: March 10, 2014, 10:56:28 am »
Considering the likely lacking computational power of the average SJW's brain, I would not be surprised if that were the case, Sigma.  We're like a modern AMD quad-core CPU...and they're a 286.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #2942 on: March 10, 2014, 11:31:22 am »
Considering the likely lacking computational power of the average SJW's brain, I would not be surprised if that were the case, Sigma.  We're like a modern AMD quad-core CPU...and they're a 286.

Don't insult 286 processors. I learned to use a computer on one of those.

I'd compare them to the Kaypro II, but then I've used that as well and don't care to insult it, either.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #2943 on: March 10, 2014, 12:13:54 pm »
Because in the West, Christian religions are often the majority and have an exclusive hegemonic influence.

Are you Muslim? If not, you have no real business critiquing their practices and beliefs. That is not your work to do.

Being harassed by a ‘bible thumper’ doesn’t give you a free pass to engage in actions that either align you or outright are Islamophobic. As a Westerner, and/or a white person, critiquing Christianity is completely different from critiquing Islam.

You are ignoring historical (read: modern) context and the imbalance of power.

What is it with the Shit Rich College Kids Say lady and pandering to the insane social justice crowd? Critiquing Christianity and Islam are the same thing, no matter what SJW Nonsense you babble out.

SJWs seem to have an obsession with "imbalance of power." As long as you're in the (apparent) position of power or majority, you can be freely criticized and possibly threatened with no problems whatsoever, but anyone "lesser in strength" must be carefully respected and allowed to do whatever they please because they're not the "bad guys."

Anyone who says that racism is "power plus prejudice" is a tard. Like, you're factually incorrect. You are not following reality.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #2944 on: March 10, 2014, 01:23:53 pm »

Quad-core? I'm an 8-core clocked at 4.0GHz, get on my level pleb

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #2945 on: March 10, 2014, 05:46:03 pm »
Because in the West, Christian religions are often the majority and have an exclusive hegemonic influence.

Are you Muslim? If not, you have no real business critiquing their practices and beliefs. That is not your work to do.

Being harassed by a ‘bible thumper’ doesn’t give you a free pass to engage in actions that either align you or outright are Islamophobic. As a Westerner, and/or a white person, critiquing Christianity is completely different from critiquing Islam.

You are ignoring historical (read: modern) context and the imbalance of power.

What is it with the Shit Rich College Kids Say lady and pandering to the insane social justice crowd? Critiquing Christianity and Islam are the same thing, no matter what SJW Nonsense you babble out.

SJWs seem to have an obsession with "imbalance of power." As long as you're in the (apparent) position of power or majority, you can be freely criticized and possibly threatened with no problems whatsoever, but anyone "lesser in strength" must be carefully respected and allowed to do whatever they please because they're not the "bad guys."

Anyone who says that racism is "power plus prejudice" is a tard. Like, you're factually incorrect. You are not following reality.

Here's a comment on the post:

also muslims are one of the most hated group it’s really difficult for us to take all the shit we’re given by the medias and irl, so people frustrated by irl will prob take it out on you if you criticise us in the only place where we feel safe

So, Muslims are allowed to send death threats because hardship.  Ironically, atheists and religious skeptics are among the most discriminated and distrusted groups in both Christian and Islamic countries, and now this person is basically trying to silence them even further by declaring "safe space" and justifying the use of threats.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2946 on: March 10, 2014, 08:24:08 pm »

Quad-core? I'm an 8-core clocked at 4.0GHz, get on my level pleb

We are the Centre of the Singularity, the Order in the Chaos, the Mind in the Madness.  Such archaic terminology is insufficient to describe our power.  Compared to us, you barely register as life.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #2947 on: March 10, 2014, 08:44:41 pm »
I'm a swarm of nanobots that if they spread out, would cover the entire solar system plus 5 light years beyond in every direction.

Ironbite-the computing power alone is akin to the power of the gods.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #2948 on: March 10, 2014, 09:06:41 pm »
I'm a swarm of nanobots that if they spread out, would cover the entire solar system plus 5 light years beyond in every direction.

Ironbite-the computing power alone is akin to the power of the gods.
BLAME!

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #2949 on: March 10, 2014, 10:20:47 pm »
YOU STRUGGLE AGAINST THE INEVITABLE, LIKE DUST IN THE COSMIC WIND.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #2950 on: March 11, 2014, 08:43:51 am »
RUDIMENTARY CREATURES OF BLOOD AND FLESH
YOU TOUCH MY MIND, FUMBLING IN IGNORANCE, INCAPABLE OF UNDERSTANDING
THERE IS A RHELM OF EXISTENCE SO FAR BEYOND YOUR OWN YOU CANNOT EVEN IMAGINE IT
I AM BEYOND YOUR COMPREHENSION
I
AM
SOVEREIGN
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #2951 on: March 11, 2014, 09:19:47 am »
We are the Ur-Quan Kohr-Ah.
We cleanse our destiny.
You will soon die.
Make whatever rituals are necessary for your species.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #2952 on: March 11, 2014, 09:06:29 pm »
I just read a post where a person innocently asked:

"I hope this isn’t a dumb question… but is it okay for me, as a cishet female, to refer to myself as ‘femme’?"

The answer was:

"First of all, the word ‘dumb’ is a HORRIBLE, ABLEIST SLUR!!!!! Don’t use that word again!!!!"

HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!! I love you, Tumblr!!!!!

I don’t understand this at all. The word ‘dumb’ is an ableist slur, and the person didn’t seem to be throwing any names or anything, just saying not to use it. I don’t understand what’s so horrible or assholish about calling out problematic language calmly when they were completely within their right to not be calm about it.

Tumblr is the place that fundie conservatives think liberals are trying to turn the world into.  That's not a compliment.

Seriously, it's like tumblr is trying to create newspeak by eliminating all negative terms by deeming them offensive.  Someone with a mental disorder pointed out that the new trend of crusading against words like 'stupid', 'idiot', and 'dumb' is harmful because it has to force the association between these insults and mental disability in order for their point to stand.  My guess is they clumsily argue that the since the words did originate as mental terms, they should be eliminated, ignoring the fact that they're so common and generalized now that the association doesn't really exist in the public consciousness anymore.  That's why I don't think it's comparable to 'retard', because 'retard' is still commonly associated with actual mental disability, unlike 'idiot', 'stupid', and 'dumb'.  Seriously, try describing the concept of stupidity without these common terms.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 11:27:46 pm by Iosa the Invincible »

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #2953 on: March 11, 2014, 11:21:15 pm »

"I hope this isn’t a dumb question… but is it okay for me, as a cishet female, to refer to myself as ‘femme’?"

The answer was:

"First of all, the word ‘dumb’ is a HORRIBLE, ABLEIST SLUR!!!!! Don’t use that word again!!!!"

I don’t understand this at all. The word ‘dumb’ is an ableist slur, and the person didn’t seem to be throwing any names or anything, just saying not to use it. I don’t understand what’s so horrible or assholish about calling out problematic language calmly when they were completely within their right to not be calm about it.

Tumblr is the place that fundie conservatives think liberals are trying to turn the world into.  That's not a compliment.

Seriously, it's like tumblr is trying to create newspeak by eliminating all negative terms by deeming them offensive.  As someone with a mental disorder pointed out, the new trend of crusading against words like 'stupid', 'idiot', and 'dumb' is harmful because it has to force the association between these insults and mental disability in order for their point to stand.  My guess is they clumsily argue that the since the words did originate as mental terms, they should be eliminated, ignoring the fact that they're so common and generalized now that the association doesn't really exist in the public consciousness anymore.  That's why I don't think it's comparable to 'retard', because 'retard' is still commonly associated with actual mental disability, unlike 'idiot', 'stupid', and 'dumb'.  Seriously, try describing the concept of stupidity without these common terms.
Any term that describes the opposite of brain will be ableist according to tumblr.
Tw:brains Tw:tumblr

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #2954 on: March 11, 2014, 11:40:49 pm »

The answer was:

Seriously, it's like tumblr is trying to create newspeak by eliminating all negative terms by deeming them offensive.  As someone with a mental disorder pointed out, the new trend of crusading against words like 'stupid', 'idiot', and 'dumb' is harmful because it has to force the association between these insults and mental disability in order for their point to stand.  My guess is they clumsily argue that the since the words did originate as mental terms, they should be eliminated, ignoring the fact that they're so common and generalized now that the association doesn't really exist in the public consciousness anymore.  That's why I don't think it's comparable to 'retard', because 'retard' is still commonly associated with actual mental disability, unlike 'idiot', 'stupid', and 'dumb'.  Seriously, try describing the concept of stupidity without these common terms.
Any term that describes the opposite of brain will be ableist according to tumblr.
Tw:brains Tw:tumblr

In defense of Tumblr there are a number of people who disagree with how the disability rights community on Tumblr focuses on these words instead of combating actual real-life issues, such as disability access and so on.
I know.