Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1551163 times)

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #2985 on: March 13, 2014, 02:05:38 pm »
"You can't say that," is the most idiotic, and most dangerous, thing a person could ever utter.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #2986 on: March 13, 2014, 03:46:56 pm »
"You can't say that," is the most idiotic, and most dangerous, thing a person could ever utter.
A better way of saying it is you shouldn't say that.
(I obviously think what they're saying is bullshit)

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2987 on: March 13, 2014, 05:01:13 pm »
A better way of saying it is you shouldn't say that.
(I obviously think what they're saying is bullshit)

Aye, things like "its not a smart idea to say that," or "if you say that, you're an asshole" are perfectly fine, just for the record.

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #2988 on: March 13, 2014, 06:50:13 pm »
Yeaaaaaaaah, its still bullshit, no matter what plate on which you serve it.  For example, I could not be in a relationship with a Jewish woman, or any religious woman, really.  I've thankfully spent quite a lot of time out of a church, and I'd like to keep it that way.  I'd also never conform to a Jewish (or Muslim, or Hindu, or vegetarian, or vegan) diet for the sake of fucking anyone.  I like my bacon, my shrimp, and my burgers, and I'll be damned if I'm givin 'em the fuck up because my SO's religion and/or ideology finds it offensive.

My attractions are also, typically, limited to white and Asian cissexual women.  OH NO, I've gone and offended Tumblr by even implying that I wouldn't want to date a black woman, or a transsexual.  What ever shall I do?

Well, if you meet any nice Jewish girls, feel free to send them my way.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2989 on: March 13, 2014, 06:51:07 pm »
Yeaaaaaaaah, its still bullshit, no matter what plate on which you serve it.  For example, I could not be in a relationship with a Jewish woman, or any religious woman, really.  I've thankfully spent quite a lot of time out of a church, and I'd like to keep it that way.  I'd also never conform to a Jewish (or Muslim, or Hindu, or vegetarian, or vegan) diet for the sake of fucking anyone.  I like my bacon, my shrimp, and my burgers, and I'll be damned if I'm givin 'em the fuck up because my SO's religion and/or ideology finds it offensive.

My attractions are also, typically, limited to white and Asian cissexual women.  OH NO, I've gone and offended Tumblr by even implying that I wouldn't want to date a black woman, or a transsexual.  What ever shall I do?

Well, if you meet any nice Jewish girls, feel free to send them my way.

Haha, I'll certainly do my best.  Sides, I can't stand the thought of having to invest in a kosher kitchen; the redundancy would be a daily irritant.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #2990 on: March 13, 2014, 09:58:19 pm »
Would you be OK with a Jewish woman who doesn't keep kosher?
Σא

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #2991 on: March 13, 2014, 10:27:05 pm »

Only if she shares her secret Jew gold.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #2992 on: March 13, 2014, 10:31:01 pm »
In case anyone is wondering how these people function offline:
(click to show/hide)

Hint: They don't.

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #2993 on: March 14, 2014, 06:53:26 am »

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2994 on: March 14, 2014, 11:00:19 am »

I doubt it...I just can't do religion, in general, for a SO.  There'd be too many differences on a fundamental level, and that's without spending around 2-4 hours every Sunday in church being bored out of my skull.  More than anything, religion bores me.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #2995 on: March 14, 2014, 11:24:59 am »

I doubt it...I just can't do religion, in general, for a SO.  There'd be too many differences on a fundamental level, and that's without spending around 2-4 hours every Sunday in church being bored out of my skull.  More than anything, religion bores me.

I wouldn't mind marrying someone religious, as long as my SO didn't try to convert me or preach to me, accepted that I would not be attending services for almost any reason, and that I would flatly refuse to follow any sort of dietary restrictions or things like not working on the Sabbath or whatever. I have no problem with private religion. I even sometimes have no problem with it even if it does affect me--the owners of the game store I go to occasionally are Bahá'í and while there are nine days on which they should do no work, they only close on Naw-Rúz, and though this year it's rather inconvenient that they do (even for them), it's their call and I've got no problem with it. (They also close on Christmas, but only because it's not worth it to open.)
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2996 on: March 14, 2014, 11:29:28 am »
Aye, I've no problem with religious people in general, it just always seems like something that's a fundamental part of a person, as opposed to just another part of their life.  I'd probably go for a Buddhist chick, though, but that's also because Buddhism is about as close to atheism that a religion can get, and they're generally cool folks to boot.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #2997 on: March 14, 2014, 11:29:35 am »

I wouldn't mind marrying someone religious, as long as my SO didn't try to convert me or preach to me, accepted that I would not be attending services for almost any reason, and that I would flatly refuse to follow any sort of dietary restrictions or things like not working on the Sabbath or whatever. I have no problem with private religion. I even sometimes have no problem with it even if it does affect me--the owners of the game store I go to occasionally are Bahá'í and while there are nine days on which they should do no work, they only close on Naw-Rúz, and though this year it's rather inconvenient that they do (even for them), it's their call and I've got no problem with it. (They also close on Christmas, but only because it's not worth it to open.)

Same. Someone who actually lets their religion influence their view of reality or behavior could be too much, but there's millions of people who are rather casual about their religion and aren't at all overbearing. A lot of them wouldn't even require their significant other to go to services, let alone convert for them.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #2998 on: March 14, 2014, 11:34:21 am »
Aye, I've no problem with religious people in general, it just always seems like something that's a fundamental part of a person, as opposed to just another part of their life.  I'd probably go for a Buddhist chick, though, but that's also because Buddhism is about as close to atheism that a religion can get, and they're generally cool folks to boot.

Depends who you ask: http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Buddhism
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2999 on: March 14, 2014, 11:34:54 am »

Depends who you ask: http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Buddhism

* - Your mileage may vary, of course.