Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1551295 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #3090 on: March 20, 2014, 02:22:38 am »
Wait a minute. Wouldn't seeing what other cultures are doing and using that diet as inspiration be cultural appropriation?
...Oh NOOOO!

If the other crazy Tumblr group hears about that this may spark a bloody war between the two groups (that when you really get down to it are trying to do good even if it is in a horribly misguided way) and that would be hilarious horrible.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3091 on: March 20, 2014, 08:11:06 am »
I say we throw 'em in a pit with tonnes of sharp things and blunt objects and let them kill eachother.  Free up some space for people that would actually use it for something worthwhile.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline IanC

• Pope
« Reply #3092 on: March 20, 2014, 09:18:04 am »
Just wanted to say that I am really tired of the oversexualization of vampires because it DOES affect a lot of vampire aces who don't even have sex okay thanks

(click to show/hide)
Haven't vampires been sexualised since they first appeared in myth/literature? Hell just have to glance at Dracula to see that. What an idiot (bet it was from tumblr, am i right?)

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #3093 on: March 20, 2014, 05:02:59 pm »
Just wanted to say that I am really tired of the oversexualization of vampires because it DOES affect a lot of vampire aces who don't even have sex okay thanks

(click to show/hide)
Haven't vampires been sexualised since they first appeared in myth/literature? Hell just have to glance at Dracula to see that. What an idiot (bet it was from tumblr, am i right?)
No, he is a completely nonsexual tall man dressed in black who spends his time finding attractive maidens to share bodily fluids with.

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #3095 on: March 20, 2014, 07:44:56 pm »

(click to show/hide)

Not sure about the oldest incarnations, being that they're quite different from modern lore. But yeah, they may as well be whining about the sexualization of sex itself.

McGill Students Society forces a guy to apologize for "racial microaggression", they then give a non-apology when called out on it

God damn it, now Canadian publications are starting to use "people of colour". America, contain your shit.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #3096 on: March 20, 2014, 08:04:43 pm »
“If anything, instead of empowering, [the apology] has crippled visible minorities,” Élie Lubendo, the student councilor who moved the motion, told the National Post by email.

Mr. Lubendo is one of the SSMU’s only black representatives, and opposed the original measure mandating the Farnan apology.

So basically, in claiming they were trying to be sensitive and considerate to black people, they ignored one of the only black people in their organization?  Ignoring black people for the sake of helping black people?

In the weeks since, he said, the apology had turned the word “microaggression” into a campus joke, and muted any legitimacy it may once have held.

“Students don’t feel the need to be educated about these issues because they see the whole apology affair as a farce.”

Hey, hey Tumblr.  Tumblr.  This is you.  Oh wait, I forgot, those SJWs would consider this "tone policing".

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #3097 on: March 20, 2014, 10:04:24 pm »
God damn it, now Canadian publications are starting to use "people of colour". America, contain your shit.

I don't think the article's author is using the term as such, but paraphrasing the statement being discussed in that paragraph.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Caitshidhe

• The Keeper of the Kupos
  • The Beast
    • Axiom Speaks
« Reply #3098 on: March 21, 2014, 03:07:39 pm »
This makes me so furious I can barely even verbalize it except for sputtering incoherent rage...

'The idea that things must have a beginning is really due to the poverty of our imaginations.' -- Bertrand Russel

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #3099 on: March 21, 2014, 03:11:57 pm »

I say this in the mildest possible terms.

Fuck you.

Fuck you in the ass with a ten-foot spiky pole with cactus spines attached.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Canadian Mojo

• Don't Steal Him. We Need Him. He Makes Us Cool!
  • The Beast
  • Υπό σκιή
« Reply #3100 on: March 21, 2014, 03:14:58 pm »
This makes me so furious I can barely even verbalize it except for sputtering incoherent rage...

I sense a lot of self loathing in this one.

And a little hint of misogyny.  ::)

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #3101 on: March 21, 2014, 05:27:50 pm »

It gets better!

#WOW IT WAS SO COOL WHEN I NEARLY DIED #SO COOL WHEN I WAS HOSPITALISED#SO COOL WHEN I FAILED HIGH SCHOOL #SO COOL WHEN I FAILED COLLEGE #SO COOL WHEN I STOPPED EATING #SO COOL WHEN I CUT MYSELF #it’s almOST LIKE TEENAGE GIRLS ARE VERY IMPRESSIONABLE #AND WE SHOULD NOT MAKE SUICIDE OR SELF-HARM SEEM COOL TO THEM #BECAUSE TEENAGERS WILL EMULATE THOSE BEHAVIOURS #WITNESS #THE PRO-ANA COMMUNITY ON TUMBLR #WHO MANAGED TO TURN A BUNCH OF ORDINARY SOMEWHAT DEPRESSED TEEN GIRLS #INTO FULL BLOWN ANOREXICS AND BULIMICS #DO YOU NOT KNOW WHAT TRIGGERING IS????

interesting, i am also mentally ill, it is almost like different mental illnesses exist and there are parts of mine that i think i deserve to consider deeply and privately “cool”

This person's blog is just . . . guh.  They seem to be one of those "mental illness being treated as anything other than good is ableism!!!!" types.  Seriously, here's a couple of other posts on they reblogged:

serious question: assuming we destroy ableism wherever we find it, and seek to ruin the system that devalues and stigmatizes the mentally ill, and seek to create a system where mentally ill people make all of their decisions about their own care or ‘treatment’/lack thereof, what IS actually the point of going “being transgender is NOT a mental illness! they are very distinct things!” aside from, like, comforting ableists, because i just don’t see that Clear Line

basically I think people who keep saying being trans* isn’t a mental illness are scared of being treated as though they have something like depression

it’s not people w depression they’re afraid of being compared to, let me assure you

They're also one of those "don't say 'stupid and dumb'" sjws.

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #3103 on: March 21, 2014, 06:39:49 pm »
21-year old woman gets only a year in prison for repeatedly raping a boy. brave genderqueer cumberbitch defends the woman, saying that maybe the boy wanted it and was not a victim. spoiler alert, the boy in question is only 8 years old

Holy shit, this is the same person who posted a fake story about a little girl getting assaulted (according to the comments, the picture is actually from a kangaroo attack).  It appeared on my dash today.

This lady is absolutely despicable.  She's literally portraying herself as a martyr now, and is claiming that people are putting words in her mouth.

Of course, there are a couple who suspect she might be a troll.  I sincerely hope so.  It turns out this account has only been open for 5 days (as of writing this).
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 06:46:48 pm by Iosa the Invincible »

Offline IanC

• Pope
« Reply #3104 on: March 21, 2014, 06:57:50 pm »
Of course, there are a couple who suspect she might be a troll.  I sincerely hope so.  It turns out this account has only been open for 5 days (as of writing this).
I really, really hope so too. Ive read some of her responses and it does seem very trollish