Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1549487 times)

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #3495 on: April 28, 2014, 01:24:48 pm »
Because that takes thought and a modicum of curiosity and investigative skills.  Such things are beyond their tiny minds.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Patches

• Bishop
« Reply #3496 on: April 30, 2014, 07:08:26 am »
Huh.  One of the blogs I follow, which has absolutely nothing to do with social justice, got a random flame from an ANTI-social justice warrior for a post talking about how writers are often pressured to include fanservice that they may not particularly want or find appropriate for their story, and had posted a scan from an "Inuyasha" artbook where the author of the series commented that she absolutely put her foot down and demanded the anime adaptation not include any panty-shots because she didn't want them.  The anti-SJW then flamed her for the "misogynistic" idea that panties are necessarily sexual (when her article was simply about a creator standing up against market pressure to include something in her work that she didn't personally want to be there).

We are through the looking glass.  We have SJWs fighting oppression that doesn't exist, and anti-SJWs fighting against SJWs that don't exist.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3497 on: April 30, 2014, 07:43:36 am »
Whelp, time to sit back and watch them kill one another when their individual psychoses break.  Who's got the peanut butter M&Ms?
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #3498 on: May 03, 2014, 06:17:39 pm »

"purr/purrs/purrself"

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #3499 on: May 03, 2014, 08:00:19 pm »
It's telling that she also accepts regular feminine pronouns. It's like she's admitting that she can't get away with it.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #3500 on: May 04, 2014, 05:50:26 am »
It's telling that she also accepts regular feminine pronouns. It's like she's admitting that she can't get away with it.

Or that even if she would prefer the pronouns that she thought of herself she accepts regular ones as well and is not likely to freak out and start ranting if people use the wrong pronoun.

We already have several pronouns in english language and I try not to use the wrong one to address someone. I can even use Zie and such if that is what they want to be used (or just avoid pronouns completely so that I won't use the wrong one accidentally) but some of those special snowflake pronouns are annoying.

...Also, that post might have been written jokingly. Or maybe she thought that when she offers things like "purr/purrself" people will at least use she rather than he.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #3501 on: May 04, 2014, 08:03:27 am »
Is no one going to talk about how she's apparently "kitty-gender" and "null-gender"? I suppose non-gender (neither male nor female) is a real thing, but calling it that and using "void/voidself" is just dumb.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #3502 on: May 04, 2014, 02:36:45 pm »

Uh
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #3503 on: May 04, 2014, 03:19:54 pm »

Well, if you think all that "bunself" shit is perfectly legit then no, you don't deserve to be taken seriously.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #3504 on: May 04, 2014, 03:56:07 pm »
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 11:56:58 pm by I am lizard »

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #3505 on: May 04, 2014, 03:58:33 pm »
Humans do not have blubber.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #3506 on: May 04, 2014, 04:45:49 pm »
Though in the event of a worldwide flood, fat people are more likely to float and are more resistant to cold temperatures so... yay?
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #3507 on: May 04, 2014, 04:50:22 pm »
Yet their large amounts of viable meat would make them susceptible to the new predators, the Flying Carnivorous Monkeys of the American Islands, controlled by an insane Sarah Palin who calls herself the Wicked Bitch of the West!
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 04:55:07 pm by niam2023 »
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #3508 on: May 04, 2014, 05:08:36 pm »
Though in the event of a worldwide flood, fat people are more likely to float and are more resistant to cold temperatures so... yay?

This sounds like they're working off an actual hypothesis of human evolution; it says that primitive humans may have frequently explored bodies of water since we're allegedly the only ape whose offspring will instinctively know how to swim if continually exposed to water from birth (don't know if that's actually true), and since newborns will automatically hold their breath when submerged.  It says nothing about blubber, however.

Ironically, they just gave bullies more reason to call overweight people "land/beached whales".

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
« Reply #3509 on: May 04, 2014, 06:35:30 pm »
Yeah, the actual aquatic ape hypothesis is worth a look, but it DOSEN'T say anything about fat, more about stuff like hairlessness.
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!