Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1549907 times)

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #4245 on: August 08, 2014, 12:38:08 am »

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
« Reply #4246 on: August 08, 2014, 02:12:05 am »
Totally autistic people who are not just nerotips trying to make themselves feel speshul defend self diagnosis:http://rosemary-the-skunk.tumblr.com/post/93569983487/autisticfandomthings-rosemary-the-skunk

Self diagnosis is not only incredibly lazy but it's also a slap in the face to the people who spent time and money getting a proper diagnosis.
This, so much. I was diagnosed with Asperger's when I was six, and anxiety disorder when I was 20. nowadays I'm a bit reluctant to mention my condition, because so many people online use Asperger's as an excuse for being an asshole. I had to train myself for years to look people in the eye, and they run around using it to be jerks.
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #4247 on: August 08, 2014, 03:02:18 am »
Totally autistic people who are not just nerotips trying to make themselves feel speshul defend self diagnosis:http://rosemary-the-skunk.tumblr.com/post/93569983487/autisticfandomthings-rosemary-the-skunk

Self diagnosis is not only incredibly lazy but it's also a slap in the face to the people who spent time and money getting a proper diagnosis.
This, so much. I was diagnosed with Asperger's when I was six, and anxiety disorder when I was 20. nowadays I'm a bit reluctant to mention my condition, because so many people online use Asperger's as an excuse for being an asshole. I had to train myself for years to look people in the eye, and they run around using it to be jerks.

I think tumblr has a real problem with implicitly trusting any sort of claim without any sort of proof, due to how much they emphasis the "your mind makes it real" belief.  They're so obsessed with "safe spaces" and "comfort zones" and "non-oppression" that they've implemented a system of "always take somebody's word for it because they know themselves better than anyone".  If you don't automatically believe every single claim even if there's proof, you're labeled a "bully", "policer", "ableist", "classist", etc.  And I think it's getting to a point where these people believe they don't need to prove anything to anyone, and that their word should be good enough. 

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #4248 on: August 08, 2014, 04:48:45 am »

Same here (minus the anxietey bit), except I was 17, and mine shows up more as saying exactly the wrong thing than an inability to look people in the eyes.
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #4249 on: August 08, 2014, 09:14:34 am »

Same here (minus the anxietey bit), except I was 17, and mine shows up more as saying exactly the wrong thing than an inability to look people in the eyes.

despite my faulty brain cabling, i thought i only had hallucinations and depression. both unrelated. then someone i knew told me i might be aspie. then an aspie friend told me he thought i was aspie. then my lady told me she thought i was aspie, that it was annoying but endearing the way i don't look in the eyes and get very socially awkward very fast (paradoxical for a musician).

... i really don't want to find out for sure because of the shit tumblr does to you. would i care if i was aspie? not much. but being diagnosed aspie would lump me in with all the tmblrina douchecanoes that make life hard for iosa and svata, and i don't want that. it's not my battle.
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #4250 on: August 08, 2014, 02:43:55 pm »
Whoa whoa whoa, why would you think getting diagnosed would lump you in with them?

Unless you meant self-diagnosed, but even then, there are self-diagnosed people who don't shout it from the rooftops or even claim that they have it with certainty.  (They are really rare, though, and it's still not a good thing to self-diagnose)

But if you were to get officially diagnosed, well, I don't think anyone would accuse you of being a tumblrina.  Unless they were stupid edgy types who believe psychology is a shame.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #4251 on: August 08, 2014, 05:48:23 pm »
. . . I don't have any kind of autism.  I just hate the "we don't need proof of anything" attitude.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #4252 on: August 08, 2014, 09:27:56 pm »
okayyy can everybody stop talking shit about ppl who give their dogs and cats all-vegan diets, i fed my cat all raw vegan food since he was a kitten and he lived a very happy four years :)
This is probably trolling.
Hopefully trolling.

Offline Mechtaur

• The Beast
  • Ladies, contain your orgasms.
« Reply #4253 on: August 08, 2014, 09:52:41 pm »
okayyy can everybody stop talking shit about ppl who give their dogs and cats all-vegan diets, i fed my cat all raw vegan food since he was a kitten and he lived a very happy four years :)
Hopefully trolling.

I... I can't. Just how can someone be this stupid.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4254 on: August 08, 2014, 10:06:49 pm »
I know someone who's feeding their dog a vegan diet.  Yes, I wish to strike her for it.  Hard.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #4255 on: August 08, 2014, 10:15:11 pm »
I know someone who's feeding their dog a vegan diet.  Yes, I wish to strike her for it.  Hard.
Report her to somebody.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #4256 on: August 08, 2014, 10:24:21 pm »
Hopefully trolling.

Urg...to murder.....rising.

Offline Kat S.

• Pope
  • Repentant sinner, unrepentant knowledge junkie
« Reply #4257 on: August 09, 2014, 12:35:13 am »
Hopefully trolling.

I sincerely hope that as well.

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #4258 on: August 09, 2014, 01:10:50 am »

AKA: The most special of all the special snowflakes.

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #4259 on: August 09, 2014, 02:19:56 am »

AKA: The most special of all the special snowflakes.

No, dumbass, that's called a personality not a gender.
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".