Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1549029 times)

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #6885 on: September 06, 2015, 08:38:05 pm »

I know what to do...

...call a psychiatrist.
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #6886 on: September 06, 2015, 08:43:24 pm »

I think the stupidest thing about this post is that this person doesn't know that foxes are just as cliche.

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #6887 on: September 06, 2015, 10:14:57 pm »
Oh yeah?  Well, I'm a tenrec-kin!
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #6888 on: September 06, 2015, 10:22:30 pm »
It's a rhetorical device, UP. People not using exact legal terminology is not the worst thing about social justice.

It's still factually wrong.  California's the only state to specifically ban the trans panic defense, but there are many states where using provocation as a defense isn't allowed.  And that includes the trans panic defense.

Good to know, if true. Source?
Σא

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #6889 on: September 07, 2015, 07:51:52 am »
It's a rhetorical device, UP. People not using exact legal terminology is not the worst thing about social justice.

It's still factually wrong.  California's the only state to specifically ban the trans panic defense, but there are many states where using provocation as a defense isn't allowed.  And that includes the trans panic defense.

Good to know, if true. Source?

This is a little embarrassing.  I had a source, but now I can't find it.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #6890 on: September 07, 2015, 05:39:49 pm »

Is part of being an otherkin not typing in English?

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #6891 on: September 07, 2015, 06:16:40 pm »
Considering the amount of difficulty they have grasping the idea that the vacuum of space is not a gender, or that 'heteroflexible' is just another way of saying 'I totes give brojobs but I'm not gay', I would figure that the simplest concepts of the English language such as punctuation, capitalization, and syntax escape them.

But maybe I'm just ableist scum for actually knowing what words mean and how things are spelled.

just to be clear. that does not escape me. however, it is a visual signature. (and it niggles people, so i'll keep doing it).

re: that idiot, truly, "otherkins" are nothing more than a fantasy fad. either that, or i'm a 1958 gibson flying v-kin.
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Even Then

« Reply #6892 on: September 07, 2015, 06:51:57 pm »
To be fair, I don't see that line being crossed in tumblr user yipyapfox's little lament. In general, the idea of "person X is talking about their experiences more times than I find acceptable/in a way I, who am not person X, don't find acceptable, therefore they're making THEIR ENTIRE LIVES about it and they need mental help, I, the person who am not person X, know this because I'm a certified Internet mind reader"* quite aggravating tbh. It's "if you talk about your mental illness without hating yourself, you're romanticizing mental illness" all over again.

(not necessarily trying to put that in your mouth, it's the general attitude that your post reminded me of)

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #6893 on: September 07, 2015, 07:31:21 pm »
re: the studies. best guess? this. or this. possibly this, but i can't really speak about it, since for me it deluded me into thinking i was precognitive, rather than a furball.
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #6894 on: September 07, 2015, 08:32:14 pm »
I recall reading a column by a billionaire warning his ilk the French Revolution would come again if they did not stop their more aggrandizing behavior. And I guess we just saw the first blows of that.

I know the conversation's moved on, but I think I found the article:

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2014/06/the-pitchforks-are-coming-for-us-plutocrats-108014

Is that it?
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #6895 on: September 07, 2015, 08:37:12 pm »
Yeah, that's it.

To be perfectly honest, I would have exactly no problems with the plutocrats getting the axe.

Or, to be accurate to reference, the guillotine.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #6896 on: September 07, 2015, 08:38:24 pm »
Yeah, that's it.

To be perfectly honest, I would have exactly no problems with the plutocrats getting the axe.

Or, to be accurate to reference, the guillotine.

Well, you ought to be careful you don't end up on the wrong end of the blade.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #6897 on: September 07, 2015, 09:35:34 pm »

Is part of being an otherkin not typing in English?

That's tumblr dialect. Using a particular style of capitalization/punctuation/etc to convey tone.

(you have no idea how many posts on tumblr linguistics cross my dash)
Σא

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #6898 on: September 08, 2015, 01:36:27 am »
I just realized that if all these Tumblr "kintypes" and snowflake genders would have stuck to something like the "Fursonas" that the furries have they would be much less annoying. I mean, what they really want is something that makes them feel special but if they were using the clearly fictional fursonas (or anything like that) rather than trying to pretend that they have their own speshul genders or mental illness it would at least be less annoying and probably much healthier for them...
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #6899 on: September 08, 2015, 01:03:03 pm »

Okay, I think I see the problem here.  It's a language barrier.  When you say "I hate white people," I take that to mean that you hate white people.  But that was my bad for not translating Standard American English into Tumblrspeak, which would produce something like, "I'm a 2edgy4u teenager with no problems and I just like to complain."