Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1548977 times)

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #7065 on: September 25, 2015, 06:14:39 pm »
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Artyom15

• Neonate
« Reply #7066 on: September 25, 2015, 07:13:35 pm »
Wow... this is the first rage-quit I've seen on the forum... then again I only browse Society and History and Politics and Govt... but this is fun to watch.

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #7067 on: September 25, 2015, 07:45:46 pm »
Oh, my sweet summer child...
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #7068 on: September 25, 2015, 07:59:29 pm »
what did i do, except express confusion about all this? ok, and maybe apathy. i think they're overthinking everything, but that's about it.

shame to see a rage-quit, though. hope he comes back.
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline solar.

• God
  • Bepis
« Reply #7069 on: September 25, 2015, 08:03:22 pm »

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #7070 on: September 25, 2015, 08:06:38 pm »
Well that's certainly a thing.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #7071 on: September 25, 2015, 08:48:37 pm »
Hmph! He even erased my autoegostrokosexuality, not even including it with other aro/ace sexualities.

I am like SO triggered right now.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Art Vandelay

« Reply #7072 on: September 25, 2015, 08:52:57 pm »
<snip>
Yeah, no. If you can't tell the difference between homophobia and transphobia (i.e. actual bigotry and discrimination, occasionally even to the point of outright murder, of people over a real, medically recognised sexuality and/or gender) and mocking some attention whore on the internet for making up his/her own sexualities and genders on the spot, often complete with nonsensical pronouns, then you're a fucking moron.

What can I say? I and most others here don't just much conservative fundies, we mock stupidity in all its forms. If mocking Tumblrinas offends you whereas mocking neocons is the greatest thing ever in your book, then I'd say it's you who's the hypocrite. Geez, at least some people try to be subtle about their tribalism.

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #7073 on: September 25, 2015, 09:11:09 pm »
<snip>
Yeah, no. If you can't tell the difference between homophobia and transphobia (i.e. actual bigotry and discrimination, occasionally even to the point of outright murder, of people over a real, medically recognised sexuality and/or gender) and mocking some attention whore on the internet for making up his/her own sexualities and genders on the spot, often complete with nonsensical pronouns, then you're a fucking moron.

What can I say? I and most others here don't just much conservative fundies, we mock stupidity in all its forms. If mocking Tumblrinas offends you whereas mocking neocons is the greatest thing ever in your book, then I'd say it's you who's the hypocrite. Geez, at least some people try to be subtle about their tribalism.

hell, on occasion, we side with the tumblrinas (best of social justice) or think that dialled down, their ideas make sense.

also, are we that tribalistic? besides being attached to our own personal ones, i mean?

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Art Vandelay

« Reply #7074 on: September 25, 2015, 09:14:10 pm »
<snip>

hell, on occasion, we side with the tumblrinas (best of social justice) or think that dialled down, their ideas make sense.

also, are we that tribalistic? besides being attached to our own personal ones, i mean?

Well, probably, but I wasn't talking about that. I was referring to Even Then's tribalism.

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #7075 on: September 25, 2015, 09:22:14 pm »
<snip>

Well, probably, but I wasn't talking about that. I was referring to Even Then's tribalism.

i know that, but before casting a stone, look in the mirror, and all that....

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #7076 on: September 25, 2015, 09:56:07 pm »

Speaking as someone most likely to be in "the outgroup", FQA's not that bad with tribalism. Places like Pharyngula and Shakesville get downright creepy with their cliques.

EDIT: Not promoting this site as a safe space likely has a lot to do with that.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 10:04:58 pm by Ironchew »
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #7077 on: September 25, 2015, 10:28:39 pm »

Posted mostly for the first tweet.  You are now racist if you literally can't physically pronounce someone's name perfectly, and that makes your native language inferior.  I should note that it is physically impossible for me to roll my r's, so I'd never be able to speak languages that do so perfectly.

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #7078 on: September 25, 2015, 11:27:31 pm »

Me either. I tend to leave discussions once they turn into big arguments though.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #7079 on: September 25, 2015, 11:53:33 pm »
This argument seems to come from a place of "everyone's feelings are legitimate - everyone." An idea that I just cannot understand in this context.

Personally, these Tumblrinas seem to love invoking "Aro/Ace Kids" and ideas of "corrective sexual assault on Aro/Ace people." I haven't heard of such a practice, nor have I ever seen any news about such a thing happening.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer