Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1551699 times)

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #7380 on: October 26, 2015, 09:40:03 pm »
Here's Reddit's replacement for Victoria:

"You can't possibly know that I'm a woman, because it was never mentioned, but you're sexist for disagreeing with me because I am one."

Reddit replaced a professional who knows how to do her job and does it well, with a professional victim who disregards the content creators and accuses them of "mansplaining" when they criticize her shitty work.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #7381 on: October 26, 2015, 09:51:18 pm »
OK - I don't know much about this but where in this really very interesting conversation does she complain about sexism?

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #7382 on: October 26, 2015, 10:14:46 pm »
UP. Please. Stop. You keep dropping these obscure screen caps with outraged commentary on them like so many little turd-y breadcrumbs, leading threads off the rails onto your usual tangents...
« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 10:55:20 pm by mellenORL »
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #7383 on: October 26, 2015, 10:42:29 pm »
Alright then.  Here's another.

I'm sure the Chinese and Mexican restaurants in my town would love to lose 90% of their income.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #7384 on: October 26, 2015, 10:51:52 pm »
These things are always premised on such a flimsy basis. The poster presumes to speak for the entirety of their community like it is some sort of hivemind. It speaks very badly of the poster as to how they see themselves, their community and the rest of whoever makeup wherever they live.

It would be as absurd as me saying that I speak for all Australians, or all really good looking people. Just because I am a member of part of a group provides no basis for me to speak for everyone in that group. It's stupid.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #7385 on: October 26, 2015, 11:06:36 pm »
http://investigations.peta.org/breed-specific-protection/

Witness PETA, the same group who advocated for the end of the Pitbull Breed, now calling for all across the board Pitbull Mandatory spaying and neutering as if it is for the good of the Pitbulls. The same Pitbulls they are on record as wanting gone.

No, PETA, just because you put out a good little article, that doesn't mean everyone will forgive and forget your high kill rates and your bizarre and nihilistic ideals.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Even Then

« Reply #7386 on: October 27, 2015, 03:22:26 am »
The guy UP is quoting does have a point, though? People who think they're "worldly" and "enlightened" and that they "understand the culture so deeply now" when they eat foreign food or wear a foreign piece of clothing (especially if that piece of clothing is something sacred or culturally significant and they're just wearing it as a cool quirky accessory) or know a few bits of a foreign language or whatever are obnoxious as shit.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #7387 on: October 27, 2015, 03:38:49 am »

I found this post on facebook. I'm not sure if what I'm posting is considered the worst of Social Justice, but I've been seeing a lot of posts like these from black friends.
I know African American people have not had it easy in this country, in the past or even now, and I know that me being born a white male has awarded me with privileges that are out of my control, or that even I take for granted. But according to this image it seems that there is no way for me not to be racist in the eyes of a black person. Some of those are indeed racist, but everybody goes through some kind of discrimination in their life and it kind of pisses me off when a black person says that I have no right to feel oppressed or discriminated against because I'm a white man. Or that because I'm a white man that I have no idea what they're going through or have gone through or can't feel sympathy for them.  I may not be discriminated because of the color of my skin, but I am definitely discriminated against for my beliefs. My wife coming from a poor family was denied certain benefits because she is a white woman.
In a way it seems to turn into all blacks can do nothing wrong but all white people are bad. Isn't that way of thinking racism on it's own? At what point does it become racism or become ok to call it racism?
Isn't there some way to find some middle ground on understanding one another?
Or maybe I just don't get it.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvD9TawMqCY" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvD9TawMqCY</a>
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #7388 on: October 27, 2015, 04:08:32 am »
That Bingo card is filled with really shitty arguments against the Black Lives Matter movement and I've personally seen almost every one of those arguments used, universally by white people. The issue of systematic racism doesn't invalidate other kinds of discrimination, but the thing is, no one has ever said it does.
Who needs a signature?

Even Then

« Reply #7389 on: October 27, 2015, 04:35:09 am »
Thing is, bringing up the systemic issues white people might face in the west on the basis of factors other than their whiteness when black people are discussing their own specific discrimination is derailing the discourse. "Oh, hey, you were talking about systemic racism too much for my tastes, let's just steer the conversation back to white people, the group enforcing this systemic racism in the first place". You know?

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #7390 on: October 27, 2015, 08:56:32 am »
according to that bingo card i'm three parts casually racist. i don't see race beyond the human race, and i'm annoyed by sjw's. ok, then whatever you want to keep spreading irrational hatred, buddy.

re: the "worldly" quote. that's not what worldly means. worldly means that you've seen the world and its different spheres.

i'm not worldly because i work with an algerian, or because i love indian food. i'm not worldly because my new job gets me in contact with foreigners either (being a translator, it's a given). i'm worldly because i've been to three and a half continents, and seen the people there, and partook in their daily lives. just like i've slummed it with gutter punks under a bridge and been invited to philanthropist get-togethers. but i know my place, in a cabin in the woods with a select few good friends enjoying a dinner cooked over an open fire.
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #7391 on: October 27, 2015, 01:38:19 pm »
according to that bingo card i'm three parts casually racist. i don't see race beyond the human race, and i'm annoyed by sjw's. ok, then whatever you want to keep spreading irrational hatred, buddy.

To be fair, a lot of racists and idiots in the wrong do like to use those things as excuses, I've  been called an sjw over things when I'm the farthest thing from one in the tumblria sense of the word.

Offline LeTipex

• Bishop
  • I'm right, because I accept that I can be wrong.
« Reply #7392 on: October 27, 2015, 03:32:11 pm »

Hmm... I'm ok with white dreads (it's a fashion faux pas, but I'm not really sure it's cultural appropriation, or at least it's a benign form of it), and I've been bullied for being white (spent most of my life in a country with a white minority tho, I realise that it wouldn't really be the same if I had grown up where I live now.)

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #7393 on: October 27, 2015, 04:06:30 pm »
Thing is, bringing up the systemic issues white people might face in the west on the basis of factors other than their whiteness when black people are discussing their own specific discrimination is derailing the discourse. "Oh, hey, you were talking about systemic racism too much for my tastes, let's just steer the conversation back to white people, the group enforcing this systemic racism in the first place". You know?

I think that's too broad? Discussing various kinds of systemic issues is not always derailing the discourse. E.g. a black person can talk about feeling uncomfortable in a context with lots of racist jokes, I can share my experience in groups where homophobic jokes are common. Would talking about my personal experiences be "bringing it back to white people"?

(I mean, I'm not exactly white but you get the idea, I'm not discriminated against on the basis of my ethnicity in my society)
Σא

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #7394 on: October 27, 2015, 04:43:28 pm »
(I mean, I'm not exactly white but you get the idea, I'm not discriminated against on the basis of my ethnicity in my society)

naw, but see? yer a lah-tea-noe. yer erpinion don't count as white.

@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯