Author Topic: The Cult of the Baby  (Read 9443 times)

Even Then

Re: The Cult of the Baby
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2015, 08:31:20 am »
I feel like a kid who was stupid enough to stumble onto the place where the adults have adult conversations orz

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2015, 09:20:20 am »
I feel like a kid who was stupid enough to stumble onto the place where the adults have adult conversations orz

Its cool, I feel that way a lot, myself, lol.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Rime

• Pope
  • Born too slow
« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2015, 10:08:06 am »
For me it's real simple. I'm in my forties, my partner is in her forties. She doesn't want to have kids, I'm cool with whatever. She's got my back regardless.

Some people get real leery about that and actually ask "how come you don't want kids..."

Fucking hell children-are-mandatory people, not my bloody uterus -it's my partners and she don't want babbies in it, also I don't fancy being the worlds first pregnant man. I don't get all picky about what you do with your bodies, leave me and hers the fuck alone!

After 40, the chance of having a child with Down's Syndrome increases dramatically, so that's an even better reason to abstain.  I'm pretty sure Christian groups are all in favor, however, because then they can have poster kids "Look at me!  Look at me! I'm raising the baby you would have murdered, you selfish bitches!"
And when we're done soul searching,
And we carry the weight and die for a cause.
Is misery made beautiful
Right before our eyes.

Mercy be revealed, or blind us where we stand?

Offline Rime

• Pope
  • Born too slow
« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2015, 10:13:28 am »
I've become torn on having bio-kids myself.  Turns out that as much as I love kids, pre-verbal babies and toddlers are too stressful for me.  I just want to meet their needs BUT THEY CAN'T TELL ME WHAT THEY NEED!  All they can do is scream!

At least with a kid who can talk, I can narrow things down.  "Are you hurt?  Where does it hurt?"  They can SAY yes or no to stuff.  If they get hungry between meals, they can say "Hungry."  If they wanted 5 more minutes on the swings, I can decide if we have time for them to enjoy that 5 minutes.  But an infant?  They could be hungry, tired, lonely, wet, dry, hot, cold, in pain, or could have just soiled themselves.  But whichever thing it is, they can only respond with "WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!"  I can't cope with "WAAAAAAAH!"

That part isn't so bad.  When did they last eat?  Is the diaper dirty?  Do they have a high temperature?  At that stage it's one of the three.  On the other hand, the lost time and money are definitely something you should weigh in on.  For me, it's the lost time more than the money because I love my compy games.
Is misery made beautiful
Right before our eyes.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2015, 05:43:19 pm »
For me it's real simple. I'm in my forties, my partner is in her forties. She doesn't want to have kids, I'm cool with whatever. She's got my back regardless.

Some people get real leery about that and actually ask "how come you don't want kids..."

Fucking hell children-are-mandatory people, not my bloody uterus -it's my partners and she don't want babbies in it, also I don't fancy being the worlds first pregnant man. I don't get all picky about what you do with your bodies, leave me and hers the fuck alone!

After 40, the chance of having a child with Down's Syndrome increases dramatically, so that's an even better reason to abstain.  I'm pretty sure Christian groups are all in favor, however, because then they can have poster kids "Look at me!  Look at me! I'm raising the baby you would have murdered, you selfish bitches!"

True enough, but here's the thing.

Nobody needs a reason to justify what they don't do with their bodies, full stop.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2015, 06:22:59 pm »
I agree with you Tol. Except for perms. Perms are a fucking abomination.

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2015, 06:29:39 pm »

what about mullets and aviators? or having a full beard but shaved scalps? or the worst that seems to be the norm with the soccer crowd, shaved side of the head (only hair on crown) with a beard reaching to the top of the ears?
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2015, 12:56:36 am »
You want mandatory fashion sense and ypu want to start at perms? Three words. Clit Tickler Beards. The fuzzy airstrip ones below the lip.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2015, 07:57:10 am »
That's why I just keep a regular beard, and don't go either hipster or full-on mountainman.  Seriously, I've yet to see someone have a tire skid on their chin that wasn't a hipster...and who wants one of them goin down under on ya?

Offline Rime

• Pope
  • Born too slow
« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2015, 01:49:01 pm »
Kinda. There's lots of nationalism mixed up in there; just ask people who would normally oppose cult-of-the-baby what they think about countries with zero or negative population growth. Heads explode.

There's a couple of reasons for this.  One, the false paradigm that you need a constantly growing population, not the least of their reasons is to fund the pensioners with enough to keep them above the poverty line.  Second, a number of people a looking at a population boom with Muslims and are worried about being made a minority.

Bad paradigms to be sure, but those reasons are ones you'll hear fairly often from the cultists, often without a single moment of thought.
Is misery made beautiful
Right before our eyes.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2015, 03:08:11 pm »
Gotta keep out-breedin them scary brown folks, after all.

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2015, 08:28:20 am »
Gotta keep out-breedin them scary brown folks, after all.

I'm the example!
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline Rime

• Pope
  • Born too slow
« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2015, 10:23:43 am »
Heh.  Given how churches in the West are taking a beating in attendance recently due to their complacent and hypocritical attitude, it doesn't surprise me that they're worried about being made a minority.
Is misery made beautiful
Right before our eyes.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2015, 03:20:33 pm »
Heh.  Given how churches in the West are taking a beating in attendance recently due to their complacent and hypocritical attitude, it doesn't surprise me that they're worried about being made a minority.

Of course, instead of even admitting what the real problem is, they attack something completely unrelated.  Sounds about right.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2015, 08:58:17 am »
I came here (finally) to point out that the "you will regret not having kids when you are older" sentiment is not without merit and although not everyone will regret not having kids it MIGHT happen and at some point it will be too late.

On the other hand, one of my kids just had 1 hour rage-episode for no obvious reason and she was screaming incoherently and refusing to explain what was troubling her...

Yeah, kids are troublesome and even though our kids have been surprisingly healthy and well behaved in comparison even I and my wife have at one point or another had had enough...

Don't get me wrong, kids are wonderful and I am grateful of having them but I can totally understand why some people don't want to have kids.

Then again, I'm not the kind of person who would go around telling people to have kids. (Unless they come ogling at my babies. At some point the women who fawn over any babies they see become too annoying. GET YOUR OWN DAMN KIDS!)
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!