Author Topic: The Cult of the Baby  (Read 9493 times)

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
Re: The Cult of the Baby
« Reply #45 on: September 13, 2015, 11:08:36 am »
Heh.  Given how churches in the West are taking a beating in attendance recently due to their complacent and hypocritical attitude, it doesn't surprise me that they're worried about being made a minority.

"Am I so out of touch? No. It's the children that are wrong."
-Principal Seymour Skinner
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2015, 01:18:04 pm »
I came here (finally) to point out that the "you will regret not having kids when you are older" sentiment is not without merit and although not everyone will regret not having kids it MIGHT happen and at some point it will be too late.

Any merit it may or may not have is lost to the fact that it's always uttered as a threat.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #47 on: September 13, 2015, 01:38:48 pm »
I came here (finally) to point out that the "you will regret not having kids when you are older" sentiment is not without merit and although not everyone will regret not having kids it MIGHT happen and at some point it will be too late.

Any merit it may or may not have is lost to the fact that it's always uttered as a threat.

Maybe it's just that many of the people around you are assholes. Or maybe you are too defensive and mistake a person making a honest good point into a threat. I simply cannot believe that people always mean it as a threat.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #48 on: September 13, 2015, 02:19:43 pm »
Um, askold, the main problem with "you will regret having kids when you're older" is that it implies that EVERYBODY eventually wants kids, and that adults younger than the speaker couldn't possibly know what they really want.
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline Lady Evil

• Bishop
« Reply #49 on: September 13, 2015, 06:34:43 pm »
It's better to regret not having kids than to regret having kids/

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #50 on: September 13, 2015, 07:17:54 pm »
It's better to regret not having kids than to regret having kids/

Reasons Why We Need a Like Button, Exhibit #45,514,134.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Lady Evil

• Bishop
« Reply #51 on: September 14, 2015, 08:00:45 pm »
Ugh...typo. I made a forward slash instead of a period. Thanks for liking it anyway, RH.