Author Topic: Overwatch and the rage over the "butt-pose"  (Read 16613 times)

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Re: Overwatch and the rage over the "butt-pose"
« Reply #45 on: March 31, 2016, 04:28:16 pm »
Oh shut the fuck up.  You totally do otherwise you wouldn't be this upset.  Oh wait, it's another SJW making changes to a game you'll never play and never have to worry about again.

Ironbite-jesus why the fuck do you even give a shit about this?

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #46 on: March 31, 2016, 04:30:08 pm »
Oh shut the fuck up.  You totally do otherwise you wouldn't be this upset.  Oh wait, it's another SJW making changes to a game you'll never play and never have to worry about again.

Ironbite-jesus why the fuck do you even give a shit about this?

I'm not upset.  I don't give a damn about the change.  I'm more interested in the idiotic controversy surrounding it.

Also, you should get your facts straight.  It wasn't a radflake forcing the changes.  They were planning on changing it anyway.  It's just that a poorly-worded response made it seem otherwise.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 04:31:40 pm by Ultimate Paragon »

Offline Murdin

• Bishop
« Reply #47 on: March 31, 2016, 06:23:51 pm »
Let's cut out the bullshit "the comic-book T&A pose isn't gratuitous! Anyone would naturally stand that way rather than turn to face the camera!" and yes, I know her T are obstructed and answer to the concrete accusations you vomited at me in your previous post.

Strawmanning you by stating that you were mad at Blizzard.
What. Never said anything of that kind.

Ascribing to you an opinion that "you never said". Which opinion I can't be sure, but it entails Blizzard making changes because someone else told them to.
Ooh, now I can see the conflation you "accidentally" made in your previous point. See, I was referring to your well-publicized opinion that what the person behind Bnet username Flipps did was bad and wrong and an attempt at public shaming deserving of a moral outrage by your gamer friends. But you somehow took it as attributing to you an accusation against BLIZZARD, that they did bend to the aforementioned attempt at "censorship" rather than coming to this decision of their own free will. Believe me, I know very well that you are much more concerned about the ethics of private individuals expressing their views than those of multinational profit-maximizing license-whoring AAA Skinner box sellers.

Claiming that the butt-pose is aggressive.
Did you even read what I wrote? I was talking about Winston. Where in your ass did you even pull THAT from?

Misrepresenting TB's point that "the complainer was seeing something that wasn't there".
And how, exactly, is the video supposed to lead us to that point? I mean, Winston IS acting in a starkly different way from his usual characterisation. If there weren't actual, character-related reasons for him to act this way, TB could have used this argument to make the point that... female characters aren't the only ones who get mischaracterized for the sake of fanservice, sexual or otherwise? I don't know, it's still better than, well, nothing. This is no satire material but it could have been the base for a decent spoof. Instead TB gave us a pastiche, and a bad one at that.
So, what do I have conclude? That TB's video was actually intended as complete mindless preaching to the choir, rather than trying and failing to make a point through humor? You don't say.

Strawmanning you again with the "literally Anita" segment.
Hyperbole. Which is a figure of style rather than a logical fallacy, and can be distinguished from strawman arguments by being all but impossible to take literally in context. You love your fallacies, don't you? And I mean it in more than one way.

"Dishonest?"  I'm not the one putting words in other people's mouths.
(click to show/hide)
Yep, you can add "putting words in other people's mouths" and "hypocrisy" to the list of intellectual sins you committed in just the two posts that I addressed.

This is the last time I address you directly. As a lurker, I tend to post only when I have something to say that I feel wasn't already expressed by the active forum members in an adequate way. This happens rarely, and for some reason you're almost always involved. The thing is, for the past year or so I've been increasingly unwilling to talk to you, preferring to talk to anyone might hear about you and the garbage you spew. And now with this "ultimate" quote barrage from your paragonic part, I think you lost the modicum of respect that I was still treating you with.

EDIT: Oh, one last thing. As a lurker, I often think you have some good points. I would even say I agree more with you than with any other member on certain threads. You've been the main motivator for my posting for the past 2 years or so, but at the same time, you are one of the reasons I don't have a lot to say on other topics. I don't despise you because of some radical opposition to your ideas and worldviews. I despise you because... well, if you really want to know why, I'll just let you notice the pattern in my ad homs. You are no "intellectual", as you fancy yourself as, but you're not an idiot either. I'm sure you can do it yourself. If you care.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 06:54:43 pm by Murdin »

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #48 on: March 31, 2016, 07:38:36 pm »
After reading Murdin's post I started applauding.

Congratulations.

I think we all know why he's really doing all of this and it has nothing to do with any genuine interest in the thing that happened, the figures involved, or even the people who've started the controversy. He's starting this because its VIDYA and he's so, so very mad that anyone would dare change something even during beta testing and such.

Because the manosphere, to which he is beholden for many of his posts and points of view, is enraged about this. So he has to be enraged about it too.

He really has no opinions of his own, except what he is spoon fed and told to post.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #49 on: March 31, 2016, 07:39:46 pm »
After reading Murdin's post I started applauding.

Congratulations.

I think we all know why he's really doing all of this and it has nothing to do with any genuine interest in the thing that happened, the figures involved, or even the people who've started the controversy. He's starting this because its VIDYA and he's so, so very mad that anyone would dare change something even during beta testing and such.

Because the manosphere, to which he is beholden for many of his posts and points of view, is enraged about this. So he has to be enraged about it too.

He really has no opinions of his own, except what he is spoon fed and told to post.

You overestimate my investment in this.  I think the whole thing is ridiculous.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #50 on: March 31, 2016, 09:09:35 pm »
I'm afraid UP is experiencing the results of spamming the threads with topic-we-do-not-name dogma for going on two years. Peter cannot discuss wolves in the abstract or as a general topic with the townspeople anymore. Done shit-piled the hell outta that watering hole, my hot blooded hippo.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #51 on: March 31, 2016, 10:27:52 pm »
I'm afraid UP is experiencing the results of spamming the threads with topic-we-do-not-name dogma for going on two years. Peter cannot discuss wolves in the abstract or as a general topic with the townspeople anymore. Done shit-piled the hell outta that watering hole, my hot blooded hippo.

Yeah - now that he piled all that shit on over the years, its impossible for any of us not to think he's gonna somehow try and tie it all right back into VIDYA or It That Shall Not Be Named. Creating constant spam threads and even tying politico in there somehow has this kind of result.

He's been permanently branded, associated with something so utterly toxic some people even mention it just as soon as he posts. Agreement with him is viewed as shameful.

Honestly, this altogether makes for a lot of fun reading.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #52 on: April 01, 2016, 12:13:54 am »
I will point out that I respond to him for two reasons. I usually start responding because he amuses me. Then I keep responding because I'm a stubborn bastard that doesn't know how to quit.
Who needs a signature?

Offline Vinroke

• Apprentice
Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes
Machina improba! Vel mihi ede potum vel mihi redde nummos meos!

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #54 on: April 01, 2016, 04:58:57 am »
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Even Then

« Reply #55 on: April 01, 2016, 05:25:41 am »
I just love the logic these fuckpumps are going with.

"SJWs censored this game by demanding that it be changed! Now change it back, we demand it!"

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #56 on: April 01, 2016, 08:50:09 am »

"SJWs censored this game by demanding that it be changed! Now change it back, we demand it!"

I'm with you!  It's almost as ridiculous as Hulk Hogan!

Offline Canadian Mojo

• Don't Steal Him. We Need Him. He Makes Us Cool!
  • The Beast
  • Υπό σκιή
« Reply #57 on: April 01, 2016, 09:40:13 am »

What I find most amusing is that this even exists as an issue. A tester points out the cliche 'butt pose' doesn't fit what seems to be a cliche playful character. The developer agrees that they already have a designated sexy and don't need another. People proceed to whine.

I shudder to think what would have happened if the developer had decided to throw out all the typecasting and spread the character traits out more homogeneously. "Okay, the coquettish look is in the heavy, the wiggle stays with the rogue but they loose the cleavage shot -- that's going to the sniper, the medic gets the gratuitous groin attention..."

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #58 on: April 02, 2016, 01:31:25 pm »
Hilarious they're up in arms over that skinny lil butt, too. "It's the principle!"

Well, you can see the individual butt-cheeks unnervingly easily for someone who's supposedly in Spandex.

Seriously, Spandex doesn't have "butt-socks" for each cheek.
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #59 on: April 05, 2016, 09:03:33 pm »
And here's the new pose:

Not pictured: a lot of jackasses with egg on their faces.