Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2076933 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #2670 on: December 02, 2012, 05:01:01 am »
Back when I was a kid there was always some stomach bug that got me and my brothers every year. Once a year I'd spend few days in the bed or throwing up. Usually it was during a vacation... Seriously I rarely got sick on school days but whenever there was a vacation, BAM!

Same thing actually happened with the army. I think it was due to traveling half the way across the country when I got home, but for the first 3 or 4 weekends off from army I got a fewer as soon as I was home, but it was over before it was time to go back...
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline DrFishcake

• The Beast
  • A vegetarian called Fishcake. Long story.
« Reply #2671 on: December 02, 2012, 05:16:30 am »
Obviously, I'm used to a lot of Yahoo News UK commenters being deplorable excuses for human beings. But now they have started to support fracking seemingly just because "it pisses off the tree huggers", I'm getting borderline homicidal.  >:(

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #2672 on: December 02, 2012, 10:58:41 am »
Re the tanning thing: The girl who used to live here was fucking orange. My landlady thought she looked wonderfully healthy with that tan, but no. Orange skin is not healthy. It looked especially unhealthy due to the contrast of her platinum blonde hair and startlingly white teeth.

I'll never understand the tan fad, because I've seen too many people go to extremes to achieve the look. It's not an instance where just a few nutters are burning themselves to a crisp in tanning beds. I saw a TON of girls in my high school do it year-round, and it almost makes me nauseous seeing their before and after pictures. It just looks unhealthy to me, even if it's more moderate. It looks like you've been cooking in an oven, and no one wants that.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies
« Reply #2673 on: December 02, 2012, 11:03:06 am »
I know. Like 5 of the girls in my grade have platinum hair, bleached teeth, and tan all the time. It's so weird to see small crow's feet on a 16 year old.
BITCHES! YOU BITCHES! Killing me won't bring back your God damn honey!

Offline Sleepy

• The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #2674 on: December 02, 2012, 11:10:30 am »
That is creepy as hell. I'm thankful that the college atmosphere is so much more relaxed, in that regard and many others. I'm sure there are some girls here who still use tanning beds, but I certainly never come across girls bullying someone for being pale, or cliques forming over the "gift" of tan-ness. That whole concept is severely fucked.

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies
« Reply #2675 on: December 02, 2012, 12:26:08 pm »
Sometimes I confuse Pat Robertson and Robert Paterson.

Offline Agni

• Bishop
  • Prōcrāstinātorum Prōcrāstinātricumque Rex
« Reply #2676 on: December 02, 2012, 12:33:53 pm »
I do that ALL the time.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #2677 on: December 02, 2012, 01:32:00 pm »
About the tanning stuff, The reason why being a tanning addict is bad:

The good thing is that she's on the road to recovery:

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies
« Reply #2678 on: December 02, 2012, 01:42:35 pm »
About the tanning stuff, The reason why being a tanning addict is bad:

The good thing is that she's on the road to recovery:

That + cancer

Offline Flying Mint Bunny!

• Zoot be praised and to His Chosen victory
  • The Beast
« Reply #2679 on: December 02, 2012, 03:39:27 pm »
Re the tanning thing: The girl who used to live here was fucking orange. My landlady thought she looked wonderfully healthy with that tan, but no. Orange skin is not healthy. It looked especially unhealthy due to the contrast of her platinum blonde hair and startlingly white teeth.

I'll never understand the tan fad, because I've seen too many people go to extremes to achieve the look. It's not an instance where just a few nutters are burning themselves to a crisp in tanning beds. I saw a TON of girls in my high school do it year-round, and it almost makes me nauseous seeing their before and after pictures. It just looks unhealthy to me, even if it's more moderate. It looks like you've been cooking in an oven, and no one wants that.

I've never understood why there are tango'd people walking around at all.

It's 2012 ffs, how hard can it be to just make the dye the right color.

Offline Hades

• Balsiest Motherfucker Present
  • The Beast
  • This is a ride, not a fight
    • Fruits of Apathy
« Reply #2680 on: December 02, 2012, 03:42:29 pm »
Sometimes I confuse Pat Robertson and Robert Paterson.

So do I. Now I'm imagining Pat Robertson staring at me in the dark as I sleep. The horror.
22:22 <SugarFreeJazz> the time for hats is now

"I don't know what it is, but nothing makes me hard like the thought of Megan Fox without any skin." - Existentialist Goofy

Offline RinellaWasHere

• Man Without Pants
  • The Beast
  • The Scottish Storyteller
« Reply #2681 on: December 02, 2012, 03:49:26 pm »
I'm too Cletic to tan. I just burn and go back to bright sienna white.
Oh, you take the high road, and I'll take the low road...

My mother did not CHOOSE life. She planned for it.

Is that weird monkey-creature-looking-thing supposed to be a BLACK MAN?

It's Bi-Curious George, well known supporter of the gay agenda.

Offline Sleepy

• The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #2682 on: December 02, 2012, 03:57:15 pm »
There was a Christmas parade here yesterday. That's all fine and dandy, except everyone from across the city parked in front of other people's houses so they didn't have to walk too far to see it. So people were coming home yesterday, only to find that they couldn't park within several blocks of their house. That pisses me off so, SO much, and is the reason I could never live in a house that only had street parking.

Anyway, we were behind someone in a giant SUV who attempted to parallel park in a tiny spot on the street. We sat there watching and the driver completely smashed into another car, then stayed there for several minutes waiting for us to drive off so we wouldn't see their license plate and report them. My friend pulled off in a spot where the SUV would HAVE to go, since it was a one-way street, and we waited there several more minutes for the SUV. Finally, the woman driving swapped with one of her passengers, and they went speeding off. We got their plates and reported them, thankfully, so I hope they receive a nice fine for a hit-and-run.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #2683 on: December 02, 2012, 06:32:30 pm »
When my computer doesn't want to turn on. This is the seconded time it did this bs

Offline Flying Mint Bunny!

• Zoot be praised and to His Chosen victory
  • The Beast
« Reply #2684 on: December 02, 2012, 07:14:26 pm »
I hate how I always have to press the on button twice before my laptop turns on.

Sometimes I forget and just press it once.

Then i'll go and get something, and come back expecting to see the password screen already up, but it isn't even turned on >:(

Then I have to actually turn it on and wait a few minutes for it to load up. It's an absolute disgrace!