Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2076688 times)

Offline RinellaWasHere

• Man Without Pants
  • The Beast
  • The Scottish Storyteller
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #4020 on: May 31, 2013, 02:48:25 am »
Aaaaannd the girl I took on a date last Monday has informed me that she just wants to be friends. Fuck.
I did warn you. An immediate dick slap to the face is the only way to win 'em over. Anything less and they lose interest rather quickly.

Someday, I will take your advice. But that day was not this day.
Oh, you take the high road, and I'll take the low road...

My mother did not CHOOSE life. She planned for it.

Is that weird monkey-creature-looking-thing supposed to be a BLACK MAN?

It's Bi-Curious George, well known supporter of the gay agenda.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #4021 on: May 31, 2013, 10:22:18 am »
There are few things in the world that are worse than farts that turn out to be a tad more than just a fart. I know this to be true.

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #4022 on: May 31, 2013, 12:56:52 pm »
There are few things in the world that are worse than farts that turn out to be a tad more than just a fart. I know this to be true.

I hear jokes about this a lot but am I the only person who this has never happened to?  Excluding when I've had diarrhea, but illness doesn't count.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #4023 on: May 31, 2013, 01:01:30 pm »

I hear jokes about this a lot but am I the only person who this has never happened to?  Excluding when I've had diarrhea, but illness doesn't count.

I'd imagine you're certainly in the minority. The lucky, lucky minority.

Offline chiheisen

• Apprentice
  • Don't mind me. I'm just your average lurker.
Things That Annoy You
« Reply #4024 on: May 31, 2013, 06:26:51 pm »
Apparently, my ob/gyn wrote down on my records that I have diabetes.  What's the problem with that?  I don't have diabetes.  I'm not even close to being borderline diabetic.
He rather assume that I have diabetes than actually confirm with me why I take a certain medication.  Yes, that medication is often used by diabetics, but not always.  I take it to try to help manage my fibromyalgia pain.
一期一会

wrightway

« Reply #4025 on: June 01, 2013, 09:23:11 pm »
One of the games I play does random events. Which are awesome and appreciated. The problem is that they're spacing them too close together. An event ended yesterday and another one starts this evening.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #4026 on: June 01, 2013, 11:00:31 pm »
Am I the only one who's annoyed by live music? It sounds so much worse and leaves me very disappointed with a band I normally love. I honestly can't think of any I've heard that sounded decent enough to listen to as an alternative to the non-live version. Granted, I obviously haven't heard hundreds of live bands, but still.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Art Vandelay

« Reply #4027 on: June 01, 2013, 11:09:31 pm »
Am I the only one who's annoyed by live music? It sounds so much worse and leaves me very disappointed with a band I normally love. I honestly can't think of any I've heard that sounded decent enough to listen to as an alternative to the non-live version. Granted, I obviously haven't heard hundreds of live bands, but still.
No, you aren't the only one. I can't really think of anything that could possibly justify the high price of concert tickets when I get the same music in much better quality for free (and legally) on Youtube.

wrightway

« Reply #4028 on: June 01, 2013, 11:19:21 pm »

Dave Matthews sounds good live. Though I think the price of tickets is more for the experience.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #4029 on: June 02, 2013, 02:34:20 am »
No, you aren't the only one. I can't really think of anything that could possibly justify the high price of concert tickets when I get the same music in much better quality for free (and legally) on Youtube.

I've seen bands that put on better live shows than the album content. Collective Soul, for instance, is a band I've seen about half a dozen times so far. They consistently sound better than the album when they play live, and tend to add a harder sound to their stuff at concerts.

And Rush......just go to a Rush concert.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #4030 on: June 02, 2013, 02:35:35 am »

Dave Matthews sounds good live. Though I think the price of tickets is more for the experience.

System Of A Down is a perfect example of bands that sound great live. Look up Toxicity by system of a down. The studio and the live. its fuckin awesome

Slipknot on the other hand is....very painful
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 02:41:23 am by Hofstadter's Tortoise »
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #4031 on: June 02, 2013, 10:06:47 am »

I've seen bands that put on better live shows than the album content. Collective Soul, for instance, is a band I've seen about half a dozen times so far. They consistently sound better than the album when they play live, and tend to add a harder sound to their stuff at concerts.

Actually, I did see a Rush concert on TV, and they sounded consistently good. I'm not much of a Rush fan, but at least they have talent.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #4032 on: June 02, 2013, 10:54:28 am »

I went to a Dave Matthews concert once, it was pretty good, though to be fair most of the fun was had tripping the stoners.

wrightway

« Reply #4033 on: June 02, 2013, 10:57:39 am »

I went to a Dave Matthews concert once, it was pretty good, though to be fair most of the fun was had tripping the stoners.

I said the experience, didn't I?  ;) Being sober at a Dave Matthews concert can be funny as hell.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #4034 on: June 02, 2013, 01:16:06 pm »

Actually, I did see a Rush concert on TV, and they sounded consistently good. I'm not much of a Rush fan, but at least they have talent.

I went to their Clockwork Angels tour last month. Geddy Lee can't hit the high notes like he used to (to the point where "2112" is played at a lower tone to compensate), but they're exceptionally musically talented and have decades of experience behind them.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.