Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2076289 times)

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #4050 on: June 03, 2013, 05:52:21 pm »
Yes, though not for long. Season 8 will be the last one.

In related news, people blaming HBO for the events in Game of Thrones. There are books out there, people. They kind of have to follow the plot.
Not to mention the spoilers, I haven't gotten a chance to read the novels yet, but I'm full aware of what was going to happen not mention what happens in the future. The RED WEDDING was awesome...
(click to show/hide)

That was exactly my face when reading this.
(I shouldn't need to tell you this, but don't click that if you haven't read the books or watched the latest episode.)
Σא

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #4051 on: June 03, 2013, 06:21:40 pm »
Talk of Game of Thrones has reminded me of something that annoys me.   Being an extra in it has a very irritating downside - I hate reading rumours and people specualting about the show when I know the truth but I can't say anything because if I do, and the leak comes back to me, I can say "goodbye" to being on the show again and "hello" to a breach of contract law suit.  It's reeeeally bloody fustrating not being able to just say, "You're all talking shit!  This is what's really going to happen..."

It also has another downside - major spoilers :(

This post was only 10% an excuse for me re-mention the fact that  I'm in Game of Thrones, the remaining 90% was genuinley about fustration with rumours lol.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #4052 on: June 03, 2013, 06:51:10 pm »
Talk of Game of Thrones has reminded me of something that annoys me.   Being an extra in it has a very irritating downside - I hate reading rumours and people specualting about the show when I know the truth but I can't say anything because if I do, and the leak comes back to me, I can say "goodbye" to being on the show again and "hello" to a breach of contract law suit.  It's reeeeally bloody fustrating not being able to just say, "You're all talking shit!  This is what's really going to happen..."

This post was only 10% an excuse for me re-mention the fact that  I'm in Game of Thrones, the remaining 90% was genuinley about fustration with rumours lol.

People eventually learn how to do proper leaks. There's always a way to get information out carefully.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #4053 on: June 03, 2013, 07:05:40 pm »

People eventually learn how to do proper leaks. There's always a way to get information out carefully.

Quite a few leaks come from the crew I suspect, and some other "leaks" I'd bet money are planned by HBO themselves.

Some leaks in the past came from the landowners of the locations we film in.  Those are quite funny to read, coz they very obviously have never watched the show and have no idea what's going on or know anything about the show at all.

Also one of the leaked set photo's of the ship (this one http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/31600000/Game-of-Thrones-Season-3-Set-Photo-game-of-thrones-31687874-600-450.jpg ) probably came from one of the several houses that over look that set.  They didn't put much effort into hiding that thing, you'd think with the their budget they could afford a fence.  The Harenhal set is there too if anyone cares.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 07:11:08 pm by Katsuro »

wrightway

« Reply #4054 on: June 03, 2013, 07:09:05 pm »
Some of the fandom thinks Norman Reedus is a leaker on Walking Dead.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #4055 on: June 03, 2013, 07:27:16 pm »

Quite a few leaks come from the crew I suspect, and some other "leaks" I'd bet money are planned by HBO themselves.

Some leaks in the past came from the landowners of the locations we film in.  Those are quite funny to read, coz they very obviously have never watched the show and have no idea what's going on or know anything about the show at all.

Also one of the leaked set photo's of the ship (this one http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/31600000/Game-of-Thrones-Season-3-Set-Photo-game-of-thrones-31687874-600-450.jpg ) probably came from one of the several houses that over look that set.  They didn't put much effort into hiding that thing, you'd think with the their budget they could afford a fence.  The Harenhal set is there too if anyone cares.

One thing that really frustrated me with Game On! was that there are so many pics of me from the show, but I couldn't really publicly put up any of them after copying them because they were all art department shots or quick stills from the monitors and the show hadn't aired yet.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #4056 on: June 03, 2013, 07:30:31 pm »

Sounds like something he'd do.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #4057 on: June 03, 2013, 07:36:27 pm »

Usually, almost everyone will leak stuff even by accident. All you try to do is not leak the REALLY important stuff, like who dies in each episode or whatnot.

wrightway

« Reply #4058 on: June 03, 2013, 08:44:37 pm »

Usually, almost everyone will leak stuff even by accident. All you try to do is not leak the REALLY important stuff, like who dies in each episode or whatnot.

These are full episode synopsis leaks.

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #4059 on: June 03, 2013, 08:52:17 pm »
Oh my god oh my god.

Why did i type "i love my period" into google
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #4060 on: June 03, 2013, 08:54:05 pm »
Oh my god oh my god.

Hof, is there something you aren't telling us?
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #4061 on: June 03, 2013, 09:45:50 pm »

These are full episode synopsis leaks.

Kate Mulgrew accidentally spoiled part of Warehouse 13 at a panel at Dragon*Con.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

wrightway

« Reply #4062 on: June 03, 2013, 09:49:29 pm »
Oh my god oh my god.

Hof, is there something you aren't telling us?

He's clearly a radfem trying to embrace her inner sisterhood? Or he's got train wreck syndrome.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #4063 on: June 03, 2013, 11:19:27 pm »
Oh my god oh my god.

You tell me.
I'm now completely caught up with Dexter. Now I have to wait until the end of the month for season 8 to start. Sigh.

It's still going!?
Assuming you've got good writers, eight seasons is a pretty optimal as far as running time goes. Enough to get the most you possibly can out of a show before ideas run out and it goes the way of The Simpsons.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 11:23:38 pm by Art Vandelay »

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #4064 on: June 04, 2013, 01:22:23 am »
Oh my god oh my god.

You tell me.
I'm now completely caught up with Dexter. Now I have to wait until the end of the month for season 8 to start. Sigh.

It's still going!?
Assuming you've got good writers, eight seasons is a pretty optimal as far as running time goes. Enough to get the most you possibly can out of a show before ideas run out and it goes the way of The Simpsons.

Yeah isn't it the case most shows aim to get to at least 7 seasons if they can?