Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2070545 times)

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #4125 on: June 10, 2013, 07:42:34 pm »
This was in Canada rather than the US, but I know that one of my mom's GP's concerns about her rapid weight gain during the earlier stages of her pregnancy (my dad took the "eating for two" phrase a bit too literally and pushed her to eat large portions of high-fat foods) was that she'd end up having to birth a 9-10 pound baby, along with other health worries. To be fair, however, my mom is quite tiny (small frame, small hips, barely 5' tall), and it wasn't necessarily that he wanted her to have a small baby to make the birth "easier" on her so much as concerns that she'd have an oversized baby and wind up having complications.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 07:45:02 pm by Mlle Antéchrist »
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #4126 on: June 11, 2013, 07:53:43 pm »
When people reblog pictures of Hitler talking to Eva Braun or playing with children or something and say, "See? He's a human with fee-fees too!" Don't they realize they've fallen for the oldest trick in the propagandist's playbook?
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #4127 on: June 11, 2013, 09:23:38 pm »
I keep getting stuck behind school buses on the way to work, and it's rather irritating. Obviously they're a necessity, but when it's a one-lane road with a speed limit of 50 mph and there's a 30-car backup, you know there's a problem.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #4128 on: June 11, 2013, 09:40:16 pm »
I keep getting stuck behind school buses on the way to work, and it's rather irritating. Obviously they're a necessity, but when it's a one-lane road with a speed limit of 50 mph and there's a 30-car backup, you know there's a problem.

On a similar note, I hate getting stuck behind garbage trucks.

QueenofHearts

« Reply #4129 on: June 11, 2013, 09:40:58 pm »

I had that problem a lot in undergrad. If I left my house at 7AM, I got to class at 8:05 (5 minutes late), but if I left at 6:50, I got there at 7:30....

That's all the advice I got, leave a bit earlier and hope to beat the rush. Otherwise, K-12 is only in for another week or so.

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #4130 on: June 11, 2013, 10:19:06 pm »
When you're at work and you tell a customer you're out of something and they go and ask someone else as if that's going to magically change the answer.
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #4131 on: June 11, 2013, 10:24:18 pm »
When you're at work and you tell a customer you're out of something and they go and ask someone else as if that's going to magically change the answer.

Sometimes it does! It's pretty common for an employee to mistakenly believe that something is no longer available, or even for a lazy one to simply deny that it's in stock just so they don't have to go and help (especially if they know that it's available, but off in the back and hasn't been taken out to the shelves yet). Checking with more than one person is a good idea to make sure that it's truly 100% out of stock.

One of the best employees we met was at the Magic Kingdom, when my sister wanted a Peter Pan hat (strangely, Peter Pan merchandise outside of Tinkerbell is quite uncommon). Many employees said they were out of stock or even didn't know that the hat existed, but one of them went into the stockroom and found crates of them that hadn't been put on display.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #4132 on: June 12, 2013, 02:42:38 am »
When people reblog pictures of Hitler talking to Eva Braun or playing with children or something and say, "See? He's a human with fee-fees too!" Don't they realize they've fallen for the oldest trick in the propagandist's playbook?

I think there's some value in recognizing that men like Hitler are "humans with fee-fees too" in order to understand that real-world evil is more frequently carried out by charming, seemingly-normal people, rather than the twirly mustached villains of comics and cartoons who run around, kicking dogs and mistreating children. None of that expunges or mitigates Hitler's crimes, of course, but caricaturing historic villains as being pure evil can easily result in society mistakenly assuming that the capability to do horrific things will be reflected in all facets of an individual's personality, relationships and their life, thus dismissing potential warning signs because "He seemed like such a nice guy!"
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #4133 on: June 12, 2013, 03:18:36 am »
Hitler couldn't twirl his mustache anyway.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #4134 on: June 12, 2013, 06:09:50 am »

I think there's some value in recognizing that men like Hitler are "humans with fee-fees too" in order to understand that real-world evil is more frequently carried out by charming, seemingly-normal people, rather than the twirly mustached villains of comics and cartoons who run around, kicking dogs and mistreating children. None of that expunges or mitigates Hitler's crimes, of course, but caricaturing historic villains as being pure evil can easily result in society mistakenly assuming that the capability to do horrific things will be reflected in all facets of an individual's personality, relationships and their life, thus dismissing potential warning signs because "He seemed like such a nice guy!"

I have to agree. I was one of those people who reblogged about him being an actual human. It's too easy to dismiss it because of facades people put on.

After all, Himmler looks like a school teacher but helped orchestrate the Holocaust, too.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

wrightway

« Reply #4135 on: June 12, 2013, 09:39:27 am »

I have to agree. I was one of those people who reblogged about him being an actual human. It's too easy to dismiss it because of facades people put on.

After all, Himmler looks like a school teacher but helped orchestrate the Holocaust, too.

His artwork is actually good. I kind of wonder what would have happened if he'd gotten into art school.

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #4136 on: June 12, 2013, 06:38:41 pm »

A picture of Hitler as a baby exists on the Internet. I find that kind of disturbing.

Don't forget the magic extradimensional storage space for absolutely everything known to customers as "the back." :P

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #4137 on: June 12, 2013, 07:04:24 pm »

I get that, I'm talking about the kind of commentary that is a little too defensive of him as a politician and his policies. i.e., "But the Treaty of Versailles fucked over his nation! He just wanted to protect it!" He. Fucking. Murdered. Millions. Nothing justifies that.

Distind

« Reply #4138 on: June 12, 2013, 07:16:48 pm »
I get that, I'm talking about the kind of commentary that is a little too defensive of him as a politician and his policies. i.e., "But the Treaty of Versailles fucked over his nation! He just wanted to protect it!" He. Fucking. Murdered. Millions. Nothing justifies that.
They were people, who did horrible things. Not some force of elemental evil. Being people does not however make them GOOD people, worthy of any form of respect, kindness, or any form of decency. Not after what they had done. Which I think sews up the two sideish things we have going in here.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #4139 on: June 12, 2013, 07:42:05 pm »

Gets better when you have flight attendants who come in, ask you if they can give you their trash, told no we can't do that, leave with the airplane, come back 2 hours later....ASK THE SAME DAMN QUESTION!

Ironbite-yes in the 2 hours for your flight we had a massive policy change.