Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2069840 times)

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #4215 on: June 27, 2013, 12:14:35 pm »
My name is common but the spelling is really dumb not many people with the name  Christon spell it with a K. (I still think my mom was drunk when she named me and my older sister who's name is Khristpher.)

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #4216 on: June 27, 2013, 12:15:30 pm »
No spell-check will ever recognize my last name. And apparently no one can pronounce it, despite it being one of the easiest freaking things to say in the damn language.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Distind

« Reply #4217 on: June 27, 2013, 02:32:46 pm »
Had some chinese for lunch. Had a veggie egg roll, at the time it had no distinct flavor. Now, 2 hours later, I can taste it quite clearly at surprsingly frequent intervals. More strangely than usual, it doesn't taste that bad, I just don't know why I couldn't taste it before.

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #4218 on: June 27, 2013, 02:34:15 pm »
Tried using stud earrings instead of my hoop. They kept breaking or getting ripped off when I would take off my shirt and so forth. Wasn't worth the hassle so I went back to a hoop earring.
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #4219 on: June 27, 2013, 05:49:34 pm »
I have a pretty common (or at least, not unusual) last name, with probably the most common spelling of it. A lot of spell checkers STILL don't recognize it.
You mean your last name isn't "E"?

My surname isn't common per se, but it's a compound of two very common Spanish names. Most spell checkers I've tried don't recognise one or both of them. Not always the same one, either!
Σא

wrightway

« Reply #4220 on: June 27, 2013, 06:07:37 pm »
My name has the traditional, anglicised spelling. It still doesn't show up on spell check.

Offline Igor

• The Beast
  • Welcome to the velvet room...
« Reply #4221 on: June 27, 2013, 06:41:43 pm »
Well yew no, yew Kant really on a spell chequer.

Quote from: Quasirodent
The logical response to getting that tingle in his dingle is turning into an asshat, of course.

Les ananas ne parlent pas!

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #4222 on: June 27, 2013, 09:30:08 pm »
1. Spell checkers NEVER recognize my last name, not to mention it's butchered by almost everyone when it comes to pronouncing it( it's German, and the best way to pronounce is to pretend there's a umlaut over the o in it).

2. Facebook has been shutting down some star wars pages for some reason.

On Edit: No mom, me telling my dog to hurry up to go pee isn't "abuse" it's not my fault he's dumber than a sack of potatoes, also you know damn well I always take him out at 11pm, no matter what the damn weather is like.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 11:21:02 pm by Empress Nicki »

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4223 on: June 28, 2013, 07:48:12 am »
My first name gets a lot of red lines from spell checkers...its Erik, the proper spelling of the fucking name.  Yet, everything from Firefox to Word wants me to spell it "Eric."

NO!  WRONG, TRY AGAIN!

Fuck, I had a teacher try to correct me on the spelling of my own god damned name when I was in elementary school.  Not even kidding.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline nickiknack

• The Beast
« Reply #4224 on: June 28, 2013, 12:02:29 pm »
More Bullshit from my mom this morning. She flips out on me because I didn't say hi to my dog this morning, when I first got out to take him up for the first time. I never say hi to him, you know why, because I only care about going to the bathroom, taking him out to go to the bathroom, giving him fresh water and going back to bed, sorry that I'm not singing show tunes.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 12:19:51 pm by Empress Nicki »

Offline Arctic Knight

• Neonate
« Reply #4225 on: June 28, 2013, 12:23:21 pm »
Speaking of last names....I lived in Germany for 8 1/2 years and my last name is German slang for "masturbate."  The Germans seemed to really like laughing at that every time they heard or saw my name (it didn't help that my military uniforms had my last name in plain sight on the shirt).
Congress is currently locked in a three-way tie for America's least trusted branch of government.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #4226 on: June 28, 2013, 01:53:43 pm »
My phone's alarm has apparently decided that ringing when I tell it to is optional.
Σא

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #4227 on: June 28, 2013, 02:20:35 pm »
More Bullshit from my mom this morning. She flips out on me because I didn't say hi to my dog this morning, when I first got out to take him up for the first time. I never say hi to him, you know why, because I only care about going to the bathroom, taking him out to go to the bathroom, giving him fresh water and going back to bed, sorry that I'm not singing show tunes.

....what?

Ironbite-no seriously...what?

Offline nickiknack

• The Beast
« Reply #4228 on: June 28, 2013, 05:38:50 pm »

....what?

Ironbite-no seriously...what?

Long story short my mom has been complaining that I don't pay attention to my dog as much as I used to, and that I spend more time on the computer, so therefore she believes I don't love him, and it's really annoying.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 05:40:24 pm by Empress Nicki »

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #4229 on: June 28, 2013, 06:49:36 pm »
Oh that argument....yeah fuck your mom.

Ironbite-that's just plain stupid.