Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2071352 times)

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #5430 on: September 20, 2013, 10:07:49 pm »
No, no... just a blessed one. 

EDIT:  One where you're smart enough not to stick your finger in melted sugar.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 10:09:33 pm by SpaceProg »

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #5431 on: September 20, 2013, 10:27:57 pm »
Also, burns. More specifically, the way they throb like a bastard for hours and hours on end unless you hold them against something cold. Most inconvenient.

Been there before...accidentally burned some of my flesh off my finger trying to get something out of a toaster oven.  I'm not exaggerating in the slightest when I say that I was in excruciating pain for two months or more.  It was a pretty small one, too: only about a centimeter wide and half as tall.  I will NEVER forget that pain.  Or the smell.  My god, the smell...

Good lord. That sounds like one of the worst things imaginable. I've only ever touched something hot for a fraction of a second and singed the surface of my skin and that was plenty bad enough.

Thankfully, the scar's long since gone; you wouldn't even be able to tell that I had a burn there just by looking.  But...yeah, even when using a toaster oven, make sure to use oven mitts or something equivalent.  The experience ain't worth it.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #5432 on: September 21, 2013, 02:48:32 am »
When media shows people walking or running on ice exactly like they would on normal ground. 

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #5433 on: September 21, 2013, 03:09:52 am »
When media shows people walking or running on ice exactly like they would on normal ground.

I can walk on it pretty fine, and I did even as a kid. It's just a matter of being careful with your steps and being very flat-footed (the same thing I do to run in pouring rain).
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #5434 on: September 21, 2013, 03:31:01 am »

I can walk on it pretty fine, and I did even as a kid. It's just a matter of being careful with your steps and being very flat-footed (the same thing I do to run in pouring rain).
Yeah, I do the same thing. I live in Minnesota - there's not a whole lot of choice. OT: When I was in, I think it was tenth grade, there was a Brazilian FXS at my school. She arrived at the start of second semester (January), so she was enthralled for about a week before becoming abjectly miserable. To cheer her up, several students (including yours truly) performed feats such as running on ice without falling or drifting around a particularly vicious icy corner. By the time we started dancing, she was so angry she started screaming at us in her mother tongue before attempting to storm off and falling on her ass. Ahh, good times.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #5435 on: September 21, 2013, 03:37:04 am »

Yeah, I do the same thing. I live in Minnesota - there's not a whole lot of choice. OT: When I was in, I think it was tenth grade, there was a Brazilian FXS at my school. She arrived at the start of second semester (January), so she was enthralled for about a week before becoming abjectly miserable. To cheer her up, several students (including yours truly) performed feats such as running on ice without falling or drifting around a particularly vicious icy corner. By the time we started dancing, she was so angry she started screaming at us in her mother tongue before attempting to storm off and falling on her ass. Ahh, good times.

If she was truly Brazilian, the fall wouldn't have hurt.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline SimSim

• Lover of Good Beer and Bad Movies
  • The Beast
  • I have a cunning plan
« Reply #5436 on: September 21, 2013, 10:42:27 am »
I have to go paint my steps a darker color because someone who previously owned this house thought white is a great color for steps. Not like scuff marks show up on white.

Offline Jebediah

• Official FSTDT Welcome Committee Head
  • The Beast
  • Winner.
« Reply #5437 on: September 21, 2013, 07:53:34 pm »
I have to go paint my steps a darker color because someone who previously owned this house thought white is a great color for steps. Not like scuff marks show up on white.

I think you know what color to paint them.
Everybody's doin' the fish.

Offline SimSim

• Lover of Good Beer and Bad Movies
  • The Beast
  • I have a cunning plan
« Reply #5438 on: September 21, 2013, 07:58:24 pm »
Sorry, Jeb. I didn't paint them purple. They are now a lovely shade of dark green. Which looks very nice next to the brick wall the steps are against.

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
« Reply #5439 on: September 21, 2013, 08:13:46 pm »
If she was truly Brazilian, the fall wouldn't have hurt.
I'm pretty sure it didn't hurt anything but her dignity.
Long Live The Queen.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #5440 on: September 21, 2013, 10:34:26 pm »
Just died in hell in Minecraft, on the server on which I play.  I had obscenely advanced armour, 2nd best with the mod suite we've got, and I got killed by a blaze and a wither skeleton's wither effect.

I don't ragequit often, if at all, but I fucking ragequit today.  DONE.  Donedonedone.

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
« Reply #5441 on: September 21, 2013, 10:39:21 pm »
Just died in hell in Minecraft, on the server on which I play.  I had obscenely advanced armour, 2nd best with the mod suite we've got, and I got killed by a blaze and a wither skeleton's wither effect.

I don't ragequit often, if at all, but I fucking ragequit today.  DONE.  Donedonedone.
Gaaahh, that sucks. I've had griefers take down my structures, but that's a whole new level of frustration.
Long Live The Queen.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #5442 on: September 21, 2013, 10:51:47 pm »

Gaaahh, that sucks. I've had griefers take down my structures, but that's a whole new level of frustration.

Oh, we had that, too!  Apparently, the admins didn't do backups, either, so we just had to fucking roll with it.  Glad the admin we got left at least used his adminly powers to recoup some of our losses...namely our fucking Applied Energistics system and Forestry farms that got annihilated.

I'm kinda sad, because the other admin hasn't been on in ages, and I actually LIKED playing with him.  The other one's a bit frustrating to deal with, sometimes.  Like, I asked him to teleport me to base when I died because our base is 1.5km away from spawn.  I walked the whole fucking way there, nearly dying many times including nearly starving to death, and that was -after- he acknowledged my request and said he'd be right on it.  I walked.  One and a half kilometers.  Through the most hostile fucking terrain imaginable, and his slow ass never gave me the teleport he said he would.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #5443 on: September 21, 2013, 11:51:00 pm »

Oh, we had that, too!  Apparently, the admins didn't do backups, either, so we just had to fucking roll with it.  Glad the admin we got left at least used his adminly powers to recoup some of our losses...namely our fucking Applied Energistics system and Forestry farms that got annihilated.

I'm kinda sad, because the other admin hasn't been on in ages, and I actually LIKED playing with him.  The other one's a bit frustrating to deal with, sometimes.  Like, I asked him to teleport me to base when I died because our base is 1.5km away from spawn.  I walked the whole fucking way there, nearly dying many times including nearly starving to death, and that was -after- he acknowledged my request and said he'd be right on it.  I walked.  One and a half kilometers.  Through the most hostile fucking terrain imaginable, and his slow ass never gave me the teleport he said he would.

Maybe an underground or elevated railway from spawn to your base is in order? It's not only practical, but also fucking badass.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #5444 on: September 21, 2013, 11:57:12 pm »

Maybe an underground or elevated railway from spawn to your base is in order? It's not only practical, but also fucking badass.

Hell, I'd settle for just a Mystcraft linking book or something.  Though, a high speed Railcraft railway would be cool...so long as I make sure that the rails won't fucking explode...high-speed rails can do that, if you're not veeeery careful with your cornering and braking.