Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2076891 times)

QueenofHearts

Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #6435 on: December 27, 2013, 11:00:27 pm »
Around half an hour or so ago, I ate a massive chocolate danish. I'm now beginning to think that it may not have been such a great idea after all.

Well, what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger...

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #6436 on: December 27, 2013, 11:06:20 pm »
Now im craving danish
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
« Reply #6437 on: December 27, 2013, 11:39:09 pm »
Personally, I prefer Norwegians.
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #6438 on: December 28, 2013, 12:26:37 am »
Mmmm Italian...s

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #6439 on: December 28, 2013, 01:15:20 am »
Around half an hour or so ago, I ate a massive chocolate danish. I'm now beginning to think that it may not have been such a great idea after all.

I went to Hash House A-Go Go for lunch and ate a corned beef sandwich the size of my face.

I'm still here. At least for now.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #6440 on: December 28, 2013, 04:44:18 am »
I got bitten by a redback while under the house and my body wants to kill me
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #6441 on: December 28, 2013, 05:06:33 am »

I read this as "redneck" at first.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #6442 on: December 28, 2013, 05:07:34 am »
Either way it's extremely unpleasant.

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #6443 on: December 28, 2013, 10:09:40 am »
I woke up sick with a sore throat and a headache, not as bad as last time this happened but still.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #6444 on: December 28, 2013, 02:09:55 pm »
What the FUCK am I allergic to in the winter that's driving me insane with sneezing!?
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #6445 on: December 28, 2013, 04:02:53 pm »
I lost my job, which is bad, but the how and why of it is what pisses me off. It went something like this: I was working cashier, which is not a bad gig if you can ignore the assholes, when the cig-snatching, cissexist, dirty old man of a manager calls me into his office. I signal for somebody to cover me and follow him, then he closes the door and asks me why I'm here. I respectfully answer that i'd hoped he would tell me, at which point he said I was accused of gross misconduct in the form of internal theft, for the amount of $175. That was the point where it dawned on me: he wanted me out, and this wasn't a power struggle I had any hope of winning. So, I retreated into my favorite defense mechanism, which happens to be Jeff "Joker" Moreau-level snark. My response to his accusation was a dry "Is that so? Huh, I guess that means that I can put gas in my gas tank and food in my pets' dishes. Thank you for informing me of my newfound illicit windfall, but I've got just one teensy question: if I stole $175, where is it?" He floundered and sputtered, clearly expecting me to cry and beg for my job or even utter the immortal phrase "please, I'll do anything", but I was having none of his listen-here-missy bullshit. He called in my team lead, who basically said "I know he's lying but he calls the shots around here, sorry, here's your last paycheck, have a nice life." So because I had the audacity to ask for my legally-obtained cigarettes back and because I didn't offer to let him facefuck me in exchange for dropping the bullshit charges, I'm out on my ass with a few hundred dollars in cash and a unearned criminal record. FUCK
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #6446 on: December 28, 2013, 04:06:44 pm »
Criminal record? Did you actually steal anything?

If you didn't steal anything and didn't get charged with a crime, I don't think you'd have a record.

Offline SpaceProg

• The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #6447 on: December 28, 2013, 04:13:24 pm »

Eeesh... Yeah... Widow spiders more than likely won't kill a healthy adult, but boy, will it ruin several days of their life.   Sorry that happened, mate.  Drink lots of fluids if you can.  Try to flush the venom from your blood as quickly as you're able.  Until then... sit tight and pamper yourself.

Note: I say this as a person who has to pay out the nose for any medical treatment.  If I lived in Oz, and it hurt really bad,  I'd go to the ER and maybe get something to counteract the venom making your days easier.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 04:14:55 pm by The Doctor »

Offline SpaceProg

• The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #6448 on: December 28, 2013, 04:20:31 pm »
I lost my job, which is bad, but the how and why of it is what pisses me off. It went something like this: I was working cashier, which is not a bad gig if you can ignore the assholes, when the cig-snatching, cissexist, dirty old man of a manager calls me into his office. I signal for somebody to cover me and follow him, then he closes the door and asks me why I'm here. I respectfully answer that i'd hoped he would tell me, at which point he said I was accused of gross misconduct in the form of internal theft, for the amount of $175. That was the point where it dawned on me: he wanted me out, and this wasn't a power struggle I had any hope of winning. So, I retreated into my favorite defense mechanism, which happens to be Jeff "Joker" Moreau-level snark. My response to his accusation was a dry "Is that so? Huh, I guess that means that I can put gas in my gas tank and food in my pets' dishes. Thank you for informing me of my newfound illicit windfall, but I've got just one teensy question: if I stole $175, where is it?" He floundered and sputtered, clearly expecting me to cry and beg for my job or even utter the immortal phrase "please, I'll do anything", but I was having none of his listen-here-missy bullshit. He called in my team lead, who basically said "I know he's lying but he calls the shots around here, sorry, here's your last paycheck, have a nice life." So because I had the audacity to ask for my legally-obtained cigarettes back and because I didn't offer to let him facefuck me in exchange for dropping the bullshit charges, I'm out on my ass with a few hundred dollars in cash and a unearned criminal record. FUCK

I hate that that happened to you, but more importantly, about your record... Like Chit up there said, unless you're formally charged and convicted... I don't think anything will be on your record.  I got accused once of stealing (by a boss who sounds an awful lot like yours...), but no formal charges were filed and nothing's on my record... Well, there's that failure to maintain lane thing, which I really couldn't contest as trees don't tend to grow right in the middle of the road... and that's what I hit... several of them, actually.   

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #6449 on: December 28, 2013, 05:11:28 pm »
Criminal record? Did you actually steal anything?

If you didn't steal anything and didn't get charged with a crime, I don't think you'd have a record.

Unless the police are actually involved, you don't have a criminal record there boyo.