Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2073786 times)

Art Vandelay

Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #10155 on: August 08, 2016, 01:23:39 am »
Any idea why?
Yeah, one of my coughing sessions thanks to this total cunt of a cold I have made my throat bleed a little. It'll sort itself out after a few days of misery.
...you people are weird. (says the person who absolutely detests spicy food.)
You and me both. Call me crazy, but I'd rather my food not bite me back.

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #10156 on: August 08, 2016, 01:27:06 am »
Spicy for the sake of spicy is bad. But, certain foods can use it to enhance, rather than overwhelm the taste
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #10157 on: August 08, 2016, 02:02:31 am »
It is ok to not like a film. It is ok to not like a film because you don't believe that women can't be heroes. It is ok not to like a film because you hate it when film has a feminist ideology.

But if you then complain, after finding ONE such film, that Hollywood no longer makes films that 40 year old men can enjoy you are suffering from severe case of entitlement.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #10158 on: August 08, 2016, 02:33:49 am »
I like spicy food to an extent. I like spicy to the point where I sweat a little, but not to the "breathing fire" point.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #10159 on: August 08, 2016, 03:37:31 pm »
I only eat my steaks rare, which is why I don't order steaks from restaurants. For some reason, they get all "ermahgerd, perple werl sue mer." Fucking restaurants. Rare steak is where it is at. I also have an odd habit of marinating my steak in tabasco, because I fucking love spicy food.

I just shake my head at you.  Rare is fine and I don't judge you for it but I like mine medium rare.  Cooked through but with a nice pink center.

Ironbite-also I'm not a fan of marinades on steak as I prefer to let the flavor of the meat sing through.  Except for flank steak.

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #10160 on: August 08, 2016, 08:41:37 pm »
I enjoy both spicy to accentuate the flavor and spicy for spiciness sake. When I cook for others, I generally include a little spice to add to the flavor, because spice is a sensation and not a flavor, after all. But when it is for myself, the hotter the better. Best steak I ever had was rare, marinated in tabasco, and covered over the top with finely ground ghost pepper. Spicy as hell itself, but my god did I love it.
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #10161 on: August 08, 2016, 09:03:44 pm »
Oh I'm the same way with spice.  The hotter the better in my book.  I just don't like messing around with steak all that much is all.  Its' a personal thing.

Ironbite-though I really do like a nice spicy salsa.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #10162 on: August 12, 2016, 04:03:45 am »
Looks like some people from USA have difficulty understanding other countries (not that I would be any better in this) because in an article comparing different militaries they went on to whine how the Philippines put ONLY $2 billion worth money into improving their military. I know that for US military that wouldn't be enough for anything major but some countries are smaller and less wealthy. (Also lots of complaints how some countries use the military as a workforce. ...That's nothing new, even Roman legionnaires were used often as a workforce. It's just a cultural difference.)
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #10163 on: August 15, 2016, 10:38:08 am »
Not knowing what's causing my Mysterious Fatigue is annoying as fuck.  COME ON, DOCTORS, SOMETHING HAS TO COME UP AS ABNORMAL IN THOSE TESTS!!
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #10164 on: August 16, 2016, 09:43:35 pm »
I discovered that mum will try legal action against me if I try to move away and keep my centerlink disability benefits.

Cool.
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #10165 on: August 16, 2016, 10:33:36 pm »
People who don't know the difference between a fact and an opinion. No, people, just because you deny an objectively true fact does not render it an opinion. Instead, it renders you a moron.
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #10166 on: August 17, 2016, 12:47:34 am »
I discovered that mum will try legal action against me if I try to move away and keep my centerlink disability benefits.

Cool.
...Why?

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #10167 on: August 17, 2016, 12:59:08 am »
People who don't know the difference between a fact and an opinion. No, people, just because you deny an objectively true fact does not render it an opinion. Instead, it renders you a moron.

That's just like, your opinion, man.

EDIT: I assume the next step in that argument is that you can't know anything for certain. I mean there may be an tiny possibility that the universe is simply a product of my imagination crackers.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 05:33:02 am by davedan »

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #10168 on: August 17, 2016, 03:53:23 am »
https://imgur.com/gallery/WbjtV
http://imgur.com/gallery/yN4o6

KID DOESN'T SEEM SAD ENOUGH AFTER LOSING HER FATHER? LET'S FORCE HER INTO A MENTAL HOSPITAL, THAT'S THE REASONABLE THING TO DO!

...People express sadness differently and not everyone is completely crippled by sadness. You would think that mental hospital workers would understand something like this.

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #10169 on: August 17, 2016, 03:32:19 pm »
I just got summoned for jury duty.  Fuck.