Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2073596 times)

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #1680 on: July 23, 2012, 07:13:55 pm »
Programmer rant, incoming!

Short story: FUCK YOU, TURBINE.

Long story: As some of you are aware, I'm working on making a better form of the abysmal stand-alone DDO Character Planner, aka: an object lesson in bad GUI design and slow program execution.  I've hit a bit of a speed bump involving the SP tables that DDO uses for a class' base spell point values.  Simply put, they do NOT follow a simple, logical progression.  NO, they follow some idiotic fucking algorithmic bullshit I have yet to decipher.  Am I going to spend days, perhaps even weeks, reverse-engineering the algorithm these assholes use so I can do it all in code?  Fuck that.  No, instead, I'm just going to have to make another script type, even though SP tables weren't something I wanted to script in the first place because, like an idiot, I thought they followed a simple progression.

Its another layer of scripting I'm going to have to add, another tab to my script writer tool, and more crap I'm going to have to fucking do manually, when I already have to handle classes, spells, enhancements, feats, and races.  Every one of those is already taking a good deal of technical wrangling to get working properly, and to where they'll interact with one another like they're supposed to, and some of them, like classes, are fucking gargantuan in scope.

It doesn't help that YouTube is being annoyingly fucking slow, and refusing to load the ONE fucking song I wanted to listen to whilst trying to wrangle with this bullshit.

Fuck you, Turbine.  Fuck you, YouTube.  You can both kiss the fattest part of my ass.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Jebediah

• Official FSTDT Welcome Committee Head
  • The Beast
  • Winner.
« Reply #1681 on: July 23, 2012, 08:05:15 pm »
I went in to work today and an hour later I was sent home because they scheduled too many people. These managers have been making the schedule for seven years now. Why the fuck would they think so many people are needed on the slowest day of the week?
Everybody's doin' the fish.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #1682 on: July 23, 2012, 08:36:25 pm »
Fucking seriously? This was on the hospital menu.

Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Veras

• The Beast
  • I aim to misbehave
« Reply #1683 on: July 23, 2012, 08:39:21 pm »
When a hair tie is too stretched out to comfortably hold a ponytail, but not stretched out enough to comfortably hold a bun.

I also wonder if I am the only straight man in the United States who has this pet peeve.
RIP Tony Benn (1925 - 2014)

"There is no moral difference between a stealth bomber and a suicide bomber. Both kill innocent people for political reasons."

“If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people.”

"I'm not frightened about death. I don't know why, but I just feel that at a certain moment your switch is switched off, and that's it. And you can't do anything about it."

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #1684 on: July 23, 2012, 09:55:36 pm »
JCP CEO Ron Johnson, he needs to go die in a fire.

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #1685 on: July 23, 2012, 10:25:18 pm »
My roommate decided to bring my electric kettle with her to work without asking first. Now I have to boil water on the stove like a chump.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #1686 on: July 23, 2012, 11:07:32 pm »
What's going on with movie theatres lately? They had to evacuate a movie theatre near my town.

This was just due to a smoking air conditioner. But it scared the shit out of those poor folks watching The Dark Night Rises.

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #1687 on: July 23, 2012, 11:11:41 pm »
Update on the urgent kettle situation: My roommate is back from work. One of her coworkers stole the kettle. And this is why you don't take other people's property to work with you without asking.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #1688 on: July 24, 2012, 12:54:11 am »
Oh good. An underage girl (17) seems to have an interest in me >.<
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1689 on: July 24, 2012, 01:59:11 am »
Why the ever-loving fuck is Technic Minecraft running so fucking SLOW right now?  The only thing, the only FUCKING thing that changed was that I explored a few new chunks and gathered a lotta shit.  It was fucking fine while I was in the abandoned mine, but as soon as I got to the fucking surface, I get fucking bullet time.  I disabled Milleinaire (I hate that mod, anyway), and tried to disable the shit they keep on the right side of your inventory screen, because all it does is show me different shit...no recipes, nothing, its a fucking useless piece of vestigial flesh hanging off the ass of my game.

At this point, the only culprit I can name is Java.  That shitty fucking excuse for a language, and even shittier excuse for a resource-hogging virtual machine.  It makes everything slow to the point of useless indolence, and its really starting to piss me off.

Offline Mechtaur

• The Beast
  • Ladies, contain your orgasms.
« Reply #1690 on: July 24, 2012, 06:29:20 am »
I'd just point out the fact that, if I were speaking Chinese, they might have a case.

I actually own a small collection of ushankas and now I'm getting a little curious about how people will react when I start to wear them during winter.

On another note, I'm over the annoyance and now accept the title of Commie at work.

Offline RinellaWasHere

• Man Without Pants
  • The Beast
  • The Scottish Storyteller
« Reply #1691 on: July 24, 2012, 11:57:19 am »
These motherfucking snakes on this motherfucking plane.
Oh, you take the high road, and I'll take the low road...

My mother did not CHOOSE life. She planned for it.

Is that weird monkey-creature-looking-thing supposed to be a BLACK MAN?

It's Bi-Curious George, well known supporter of the gay agenda.

Distind

« Reply #1692 on: July 24, 2012, 12:12:46 pm »
Programmer rant, incoming!

Short story: FUCK YOU, TURBINE.

Long story: As some of you are aware, I'm working on making a better form of the abysmal stand-alone DDO Character Planner, aka: an object lesson in bad GUI design and slow program execution.  I've hit a bit of a speed bump involving the SP tables that DDO uses for a class' base spell point values.  Simply put, they do NOT follow a simple, logical progression.  NO, they follow some idiotic fucking algorithmic bullshit I have yet to decipher.  Am I going to spend days, perhaps even weeks, reverse-engineering the algorithm these assholes use so I can do it all in code?  Fuck that.  No, instead, I'm just going to have to make another script type, even though SP tables weren't something I wanted to script in the first place because, like an idiot, I thought they followed a simple progression.
AHAHAH, no.

Back when I was in the classes that are related to formula and such I spent a fair amount of time trying to nail down exactly what was translating to what in D&D for kicks. Most of it's easy, but those damn spell tables? Never quite nailed it down. Got kinda close a few times, but eventually figured it was just a hard table.

Yes, I was quite bored.

Offline Igor

• The Beast
  • Welcome to the velvet room...
« Reply #1693 on: July 24, 2012, 07:47:12 pm »
So, I had a little bit of money and I went and bought Alice: Madness Returns off of Steam, because I've been looking forward to it for a long time. What I forgot was that it was an EA game, and that I was running WINE, and apparently EA doesn't like that. I got this error: http://i.imgur.com/ZIyCt.jpg?1 I'm going to try to boot into Windows properly later on, but really, it shouldn't be this much of a pain in the ass to play a game I legitimately bought and paid for and have been looking forward to for a long time.

Quote from: Quasirodent
The logical response to getting that tingle in his dingle is turning into an asshat, of course.

Les ananas ne parlent pas!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1694 on: July 24, 2012, 09:11:08 pm »
So, I had a little bit of money and I went and bought Alice: Madness Returns off of Steam, because I've been looking forward to it for a long time. What I forgot was that it was an EA game, and that I was running WINE, and apparently EA doesn't like that. I got this error: http://i.imgur.com/ZIyCt.jpg?1 I'm going to try to boot into Windows properly later on, but really, it shouldn't be this much of a pain in the ass to play a game I legitimately bought and paid for and have been looking forward to for a long time.

Aaaaaarmake!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mt4BpnfAN-o" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mt4BpnfAN-o</a>

Seriously, this pretty much sums up all my feelings on anti-piracy bullshit.