Author Topic: Best Political Cartoons  (Read 1650637 times)

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
Re: Best Political Cartoons
« Reply #2610 on: July 07, 2013, 10:48:02 am »
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 12:26:34 pm by PosthumanHeresy »
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #2611 on: July 07, 2013, 01:14:06 pm »

Presented without comment.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• The Beast
« Reply #2612 on: July 07, 2013, 01:20:53 pm »

He likely would have been lynched.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".

Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #2613 on: July 07, 2013, 04:14:12 pm »
if zimmerman was black then he would have been arrested in 5 minutes

Offline Sylvana

• The Beast
« Reply #2614 on: July 08, 2013, 02:34:10 am »
Hell the police tried to pin it all on Trayvon anyway bey looking into his background and doing Trayvons toxicology test without even checking Zimmerman at all. You don't need to reverse it, the police already tried to arrest the black guy.

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• The Beast
« Reply #2615 on: July 08, 2013, 03:33:48 am »
Hell the police tried to pin it all on Trayvon anyway bey looking into his background and doing Trayvons toxicology test without even checking Zimmerman at all. You don't need to reverse it, the police already tried to arrest the black guy.
That's the point. If Zimmerman was the black guy, they'd have wanted his blood. Admittedly, I don't know if we'd would too, or if suddenly we would be defending him.

Offline Canadian Mojo

• Don't Steal Him. We Need Him. He Makes Us Cool!
  • The Beast
  • Υπό σκιή
« Reply #2616 on: July 08, 2013, 11:44:54 am »
Carter was a pretty effective politician at the state level and in his first Presidential run. He dispatched Ford fairly comprehensively, in 1976. Ronald Reagan- or rather, the PR staff that invented Ronald Reagan- was actually losing to him for most of the 1980 election. It took some fairly substantial treason for the Republicans to win that election, repeating their efforts from 1968.

Of course, Carter was one of the most serious and effective policymakers of the century. He ended the Egypt-Israeli conflicts forever, started the beat-down of the Soviets in Afghanistan with none of the severe errors Reagan added to the program, he got the American embassy staff released in Iran, emphasised human rights in foreign policy- a major change in US foreign policy that would have made a significant difference had it not been immediately reversed- and how!- by Reagan. On the domestic front, too, he was quite an effective policy maker; he led the world's first serious response to the world's most important issue, climate change (again, immediately reversed). He's probably the best president of this half of the 20th century, maybe second behind LBJ. Compared with the prior and subsequent presidents, he looks like Lincoln.

I don't know about putting Afghanistan in the win column for Carter.  In starting a fight he does bare some of the responsibility for the inevitable escalation and all the consequences that  resulted.

Offline Feral Dog

• The Beast
  • Caffeine, how I adore thee.
« Reply #2617 on: July 08, 2013, 02:04:49 pm »
I think our major failure with Afghanistan was in failing to address:
- No infrastructure
- Religious extremism
- Rise of the warlords

I mean, if you're going to go messing around in a foreign country, the very least you could do is make sure you don't leave a power vacuum (and don't put in some puppet dictatorship either).
Fiber Arts Enthusiast

EDIT: Aaaand my 10,000th post is about fascism, Plato, and gay sex. This is clearly a great accomplishment.

Distind

« Reply #2618 on: July 08, 2013, 02:09:27 pm »
it really doesnt matter we still shouldnt be having this type of data collection
I agree. While his politics may not match with ours, his actions are something we can celebrate. Basically, it doesn't matter why you do something, it matters that you did it. If a scientists cured cancer for the fame, power and money, I'd still support him, because he did a heroic act, even if it was for evil reasons.
This isn't curing cancer though, it's quite literally a violation of national security. While it's all stuff people should have known already(seriously, learn a little about electronic communications, you'll talk to real people a hell of a lot more afterward), it's resulted in a fairly serious overhaul in how terrorists communicate, as they found out what the US was doing to listen in. It's entirely fair to say that Snowden has personally increased the likely hood of a serious terrorist attack going unnoticed until it's too late. Which is right around the exact opposite of curing cancer. If we want to keep this running we should probably create a seperate thread.

Read over the linked article if you want to think it's anything more than a political move. I'm still mildly baffled as to why people blame Obama for it, the NSA's been doing it since before most people knew who he was.

Offline Iconic Komodo Dragon 2

• Bishop
  • Try not to bleed to much.
« Reply #2619 on: July 08, 2013, 02:18:47 pm »

I'm already starting to think Zimmerman wasn't a racist as much as just paranoid about those "Crazy Gangsta Teens" walking around.
I support the SCP Foundation.

I'm 91 kilograms, 2.59 meters long; Have 57 strains of bacteria in my mouth, and can eat 80% of my weight in food in a single sitting.
LAAAAYYYYDDDDIIEEES...( ͡° ͜ʖ͡°)

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• The Beast
« Reply #2620 on: July 08, 2013, 02:26:30 pm »
it really doesnt matter we still shouldnt be having this type of data collection
I agree. While his politics may not match with ours, his actions are something we can celebrate. Basically, it doesn't matter why you do something, it matters that you did it. If a scientists cured cancer for the fame, power and money, I'd still support him, because he did a heroic act, even if it was for evil reasons.
This isn't curing cancer though, it's quite literally a violation of national security. While it's all stuff people should have known already(seriously, learn a little about electronic communications, you'll talk to real people a hell of a lot more afterward), it's resulted in a fairly serious overhaul in how terrorists communicate, as they found out what the US was doing to listen in. It's entirely fair to say that Snowden has personally increased the likely hood of a serious terrorist attack going unnoticed until it's too late. Which is right around the exact opposite of curing cancer. If we want to keep this running we should probably create a seperate thread.

Read over the linked article if you want to think it's anything more than a political move. I'm still mildly baffled as to why people blame Obama for it, the NSA's been doing it since before most people knew who he was.
I understand it's likely purely a political move, and it may have increased danger to us, but, well, to use a stock quote, "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." I'd rather risk my life a little more than have the NSA spying on me, even if chances are having to monitor my family's internet usage is akin to being assigned to Siberia by Stalin. I have no problem with Obama over this, I have a problem with the NSA, precisely because he didn't start this.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #2621 on: July 08, 2013, 02:32:46 pm »
What's with "Black" Zimmerman having a Micheal Jackson Thriller jacket on??

Offline ScrappyB

• Bishop
« Reply #2622 on: July 08, 2013, 02:38:14 pm »
I would also rather have someone like Obama in office than some fundie lunatic!

About this whole surveillance scandal of doom. This might provide a different angle:

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2013/07/06/have-we-all-been-fooled-by-edward-snowden/

Let's just say, Snowden is not "One Of Us". In fact, he sounds like a total Tea-brained asshat!

Why should it make a difference what his motivations were? I don't care if he was a total scumbag. Just because you don't like the messenger doesn't mean the message is any less important.
"All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian, or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit." - Thomas Paine

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #2623 on: July 08, 2013, 02:48:24 pm »
I would also rather have someone like Obama in office than some fundie lunatic!

About this whole surveillance scandal of doom. This might provide a different angle:

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2013/07/06/have-we-all-been-fooled-by-edward-snowden/

Let's just say, Snowden is not "One Of Us". In fact, he sounds like a total Tea-brained asshat!

Why should it make a difference what his motivations were? I don't care if he was a total scumbag. Just because you don't like the messenger doesn't mean the message is any less important.
Not to mention the 'us vs. them' mentality gets us nowhere.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #2624 on: July 08, 2013, 02:48:57 pm »

I'm already starting to think Zimmerman wasn't a racist as much as just paranoid about those "Crazy Gangsta Teens" walking around.

Same here. I never really assumed he was a racist. In fact, I tend to assume that barring evidence otherwise, people aren't consciously racist.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!