Author Topic: Best Political Cartoons  (Read 1650205 times)

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
Re: Best Political Cartoons
« Reply #4425 on: September 05, 2014, 07:24:30 pm »

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #4426 on: September 05, 2014, 09:02:18 pm »

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
« Reply #4427 on: September 05, 2014, 10:14:38 pm »
Personally, I've never bought the Soviet Union comparison. Putin wants to go further back. He wants to be czar.
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
« Reply #4428 on: September 05, 2014, 10:51:49 pm »

I think the point is that while it was probably necessary to end the war, it was still one of the most horrendous things ever done. Did it save more lives by forcing Japan to surrender, probably, but it has a more lasting legacy than just ending the war.

No, it wasn't. Japan was willing to negotiate, the Allies only continued the war so they could get unconditional surrender from Japan.

Bullshit. The Japanese wanted to keep Korea and Formosa, states they had conquered. 
So what you are saying is, the Japan was willing to negotiate but the Allies nuked them so that they could get an unconditional surrender instead?

Conditions as laid, Japan kept it's conquered nations. This would be a violation of the Four Freedoms, in particular "Freedom from fear". Would you let Austria continue to be in the hands of Germany?
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #4429 on: September 05, 2014, 11:16:51 pm »

I think the point is that while it was probably necessary to end the war, it was still one of the most horrendous things ever done. Did it save more lives by forcing Japan to surrender, probably, but it has a more lasting legacy than just ending the war.

No, it wasn't. Japan was willing to negotiate, the Allies only continued the war so they could get unconditional surrender from Japan.

Bullshit. The Japanese wanted to keep Korea and Formosa, states they had conquered. 
So what you are saying is, the Japan was willing to negotiate but the Allies nuked them so that they could get an unconditional surrender instead?

Conditions as laid, Japan kept it's conquered nations. This would be a violation of the Four Freedoms, in particular "Freedom from fear". Would you let Austria continue to be in the hands of Germany?

NEGOTIATION:

: a formal discussion between people who are trying to reach an agreement : an act of negotiating

Synonyms
    accommodation, compromise, give-and-take, concession

They could have started by saying that they want USA for themselves but they could have agreed to much, much less in the end. We will never know.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #4430 on: September 06, 2014, 08:49:42 am »
Spoilered for size:

(click to show/hide)

Offline Nemo

• Pope
« Reply #4431 on: September 06, 2014, 10:11:39 am »
Never heard the term "truscum" before. I take it that's a way of referring to transpeople in general? And that the blue haired person is a radfem?
"If it's white or Jewish then they're criminals, if it's two brown people killing each other ... meh, that's their culture and we should respect it ... cultural relativists should be ashamed of themselves." - Faisal Saeed Al Mutar

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4432 on: September 06, 2014, 10:23:29 am »
"Truscum" is a way of referring to transpeople who tend to not look favourably on those who claim to be trans while not experiencing any dysphoria, one of the hallmark symptoms.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Canadian Mojo

• Don't Steal Him. We Need Him. He Makes Us Cool!
  • The Beast
  • Υπό σκιή
« Reply #4433 on: September 06, 2014, 03:28:35 pm »

After seeing how well the treaty of Versailles worked out why would you let your opponents have anything when you had the opportunity to neutralize the threat permanently for a fairly small cost. (and in case you're wondering, this is why the bean counter is the most dangerous person in the army)

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #4435 on: September 07, 2014, 12:37:46 am »

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #4436 on: September 07, 2014, 01:06:25 pm »
Vaguely political.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #4437 on: September 07, 2014, 06:09:30 pm »

I've heard that the majority of gamers are female actually.
And yeah, saying gamers are made up mostly of Douchebags would be wrong, gamers are mainly decent people it's just the ones who are douchebags are so loud it ruins the experience for non-douchebags.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #4438 on: September 07, 2014, 06:16:37 pm »

I've heard that the majority of gamers are female actually.
And yeah, saying gamers are made up mostly of Douchebags would be wrong, gamers are mainly decent people it's just the ones who are douchebags are so loud it ruins the experience for non-douchebags.
I'd say that's true for a lot of groups.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #4439 on: September 08, 2014, 11:50:05 am »