Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 118129 times)

Offline Hoplite

• The Beast
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #135 on: September 01, 2012, 09:33:50 pm »
Thanks to my anti-depressants, my dreams tend to be pretty vivid.  This kicks ass when I'm either having a great dream, or lucid dreaming, but it's shit when I have a nightmare.  Ah well... gotta take the rough with the smooth.

If you are a smoker, try sleeping with one of those nicotine patches on. These will always give kickass, surreal dreams. It gets so weird that people will take it off at bedtime.
Good luck is nothing but being in shape to act with the universe when the universe says, "Now!" - John Gardner, The Sunlight Dialogues

Offline Smurfette Principle

• Will Blind You With Library Science!
  • The Beast
  • Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo.
« Reply #136 on: September 01, 2012, 11:03:53 pm »
I had a really, really odd dream last night where someone was coming after me and I shot them in self-defense. I know there was more to it than that, but I really remember shooting the dude in the neck and having him survive, only to have to keep the gun trained on him in order to keep him back.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #137 on: September 02, 2012, 07:17:57 pm »
I just had a freaking amazing dream. I was riding on a T-Rex and fighting an assortment of other dinosaurs. It was awesome. Hell, it was even better than the dream about having a girlfriend that preceded it.

That said, the part where it walked right through some high voltage power lines was a little tense.

Offline Hades

• Balsiest Motherfucker Present
  • The Beast
  • This is a ride, not a fight
    • Fruits of Apathy
« Reply #138 on: September 03, 2012, 08:42:05 am »
I don't remember much about my dreams last night, but I do remember one disturbing scene. For whatever reason, Adam Savage had a big writhing beard of spiders. I'm talking a Gandalf-sized beard. Of spiders.
22:22 <SugarFreeJazz> the time for hats is now

"I don't know what it is, but nothing makes me hard like the thought of Megan Fox without any skin." - Existentialist Goofy

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #139 on: September 03, 2012, 11:03:27 am »
One part of my dream involved a stallion whipping out his massive horse dick and throwing it into an adjacent stall to fuck a mare. I don't know why my thoughts manifest this way, but I'm a little scared.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #140 on: September 03, 2012, 11:38:12 am »
And Sleepy just showed that no-one will ever measure up to the shit her sub-conscious throws out.

Offline Hades

• Balsiest Motherfucker Present
  • The Beast
  • This is a ride, not a fight
    • Fruits of Apathy
« Reply #141 on: September 03, 2012, 12:14:25 pm »
I don't know why my thoughts manifest this way, but I'm a little scared.

It's the internet, breh.
22:22 <SugarFreeJazz> the time for hats is now

"I don't know what it is, but nothing makes me hard like the thought of Megan Fox without any skin." - Existentialist Goofy

Offline Sleepy

• The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #142 on: September 07, 2012, 02:33:04 pm »
I had a dream that I was in a community center with Stan Lee, except he was an angry, long-haired German. We had just thrown a small party in there, and he ordered us to clean up the numerous baguettes we'd left lying around. Most folks had left the party by then, so it was just myself and a couple other guys neatly organizing the baguettes on the table to Stan's liking. We hung our heads in shame afterward for being so messy, and he glared at us even as we marched out the door.

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Sleepy

• The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #143 on: September 12, 2012, 09:30:08 pm »
I dreamt last night that my mom made a giant hollow cake in the shape of a rectangular prism. While it measured about a meter long, there was only maybe a centimeter of cake because she'd made it hollow. My sister's husband was disgusted by it, and I told him it was the foreskin of a giant.

I also had a dream the other night about Honey Boo Boo. T_T

Offline Hoplite

• The Beast
« Reply #144 on: September 12, 2012, 10:40:51 pm »
I don't remember much about my dreams last night, but I do remember one disturbing scene. For whatever reason, Adam Savage had a big writhing beard of spiders. I'm talking a Gandalf-sized beard. Of spiders.

Anytime his coworker, the Mythbusters host Kari Byron is in my dream, it is a wonderful dream.
Good luck is nothing but being in shape to act with the universe when the universe says, "Now!" - John Gardner, The Sunlight Dialogues

Offline chad sexington

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #145 on: September 14, 2012, 09:27:01 pm »
Had a mad dream this morning about getting into an ontological argument with a demon* - he didn't look anything like the traditional depictions, in fact he was quite camp (spandex bodysuit and cape, both purple, a flimsy tail sewn onto the back of the suit, and plastic horns literally tied onto his head).  I managed to defeat him with a combination of logic and mockery, but before he disappeared he put some curse on me that turned me into Mitt Romney.  Now that's low, even for a demon.

*apparently, merely mentioning the name of any denizen of the underworld is enough to summon them, and it's a long and tiresome process for them.  Also, Lucifer is merely a mid-level demon, but he's waged such an effective propaganda war that us surface-dwellers think he's one of the top dogs.  Of course there's lots more, but I can't remember most of it at the moment :(

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #146 on: September 14, 2012, 10:34:17 pm »
Couple days ago I dreampt about marrying my gf who fully transitioned.  Then I woke up  :(

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #147 on: September 16, 2012, 03:55:57 pm »
I had a weird Star Wars dream where the city I was in got attacked by The Empire.  I ran outside and saw a couple of AT-AT walkers shooting people.  I fired off some shots with my rocket launcher but didn't do much.  They fired back and I ducked behind a building.  Then some Imperial troops attacked me (I don't know why they chose to tackle instead of shooting me), but I fought them off and ran.

Seeing that the walkers were targeting people but not buildings, I ran inside one, found a secret tunnel, and took off running down it, placing mines behind me as I ran.  I emerged on the outskirts of the city and found three of my friends (not RL friends, thank god . . . ANY god!).  We found a ship (the bottom looked like a cube; the top looked like a sphere) got inside, and took off.

As we hovered, my three friends decided now was the brilliant time to argue on what to name our ship.  Seeing a walker nearby, I said, "How about, 'Fireball,' because that's what we're about to be IF YOU DON'T #^%&$#$# MOVE IT!"

One of my friends opened the hatch to get a better look, and as I pulled him back, the walker's gun pointed right at us.  I fired off a shot from my rocket launcher and somehow caught it in a critical area because it stumbled into a building. 

We then headed for space with one friend as pilot, one as gunner, one as mechanic, and myself running sensors and communications.  Once we were in space, I told them that sensors picked up an Imperial ship headed our way.  My 'gifted' buddies picked that moment to argue one whether it was an Imperial 'Cruiser' or 'Star Destroyer,' and whether it was Imperial Class or Imperial II Class (I honestly have no clue what the difference is IRL.).  I yelled at them, "Does it matter?  It's got big #%$@%$ guns!  Get us the #^$@@$ out of here!"

Our pilot got us to hyperspace, and I thought we could relax . . . until out mechanic, while tinkering with the main circuit board, blew a glowing fuse, causing us to drop out of hyperspace in an Imperial-run system.  Once again exhibiting wisdom that would make Jar Jar face-palm, my friends picked the planet with Imperial shipyards right outside the city to land.

On the plus side, we got the ship repaired.  I don't remember the details of what happened next except that two of my friends got captured and one got a hole blown through his chest.  I figured, Screw this, and got out of there.

Then my alarm went off.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline Paimun

• Captain Puntastic
  • Bishop
  • I'm a dirty hippie
    • COAT HANGER ABORTIONS THE MUSICAL
« Reply #148 on: September 17, 2012, 10:25:36 am »
I had a dream last night where I was wandering around the mall and there were cute guys wearing skirts there.

This is much better than real life.

Offline tygerarmy

• Zombie Dog Breeder
  • Pope
  • I'm not naked I'm Tattooed
    • Facebook
« Reply #149 on: September 21, 2012, 09:34:39 pm »
I had an interesting dream.

There was a horror house.  It was like a haunted house but filled with all sorts of horror creatures.  And it was a competition like a zombie run, were you tried to make make it through without getting "killed."  But with a large cash prize to anyone who could make it through.

Despite being highly selective of who goes through I was able to enter with about 30 other people.  As soon we walked through the gate an abominable snowman picked up two girls and walked off.  We all ran inside the large manor.  A group of muscle guys, jocks, etc broke off and went ahead.  Other small groups splintered off and went there own way.  I was left with 5 or so females and 2 or 3 guys.  We were exploring the manor and I was thinking about how real the Yeti or whatever it was was.  We heard the sounds of people in other groups being picked off.  We lingered in a room for a while and as we left me and one of the girls were attacked by a female vampire.  The girl was thrown into a wall and rest of the group left us and moved on.   When I was shoved down hard I thought of how strong and real the vampire looked and I realized that it was because it was a vampire not an actor.  When she lunged for my I tried to extend my arm to strike her throat but I caught mouth instead and my hand got nicked.  My strike created confusion, I scrambled, took the Vampires back and choked her out.  The girl was getting up and all panicky and she wouldn't calm down.  The all of a sudden I glared at her and she calmed down and did what I told her.

We caught up to those who left us.  I was feeling sick and exhausted.  I tried to convince that the attacks were real and we were being hunted, they saw it as a trap so I'd win the money, I did get them to come back to were we attacked.  The vampire was gone.  My pain was growing into a deep hunger and I felt even weaker and more exhausted, but I noticed the one girl was still mindless doing whatever I said.

It was then I woke up.  Such an interesting dream.  I was just piecing together that I had been turned and was keeping it from the group.  I had planned on helping them but on keeping the girl as a thrall. 
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 09:36:32 pm by tygerarmy »
Twitter Soldier in sour armor tumblr