Author Topic: Bullying  (Read 17032 times)

Offline Nightangel8212

• The Wicked Witch of the Great White North
  • The Beast
Re: Bullying
« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2012, 12:24:02 pm »
Ooh, interesting development here! Anonymous has involved itself with this!

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/amanda-todds-alleged-tormentor-named-hacker-group-011945897.html

Apparently they have posted the personal information of a 32 year old man who they say was her primary tormentor... the man who sent her images to friends and teachers. Given that the man has received many death threats since being exposed, he seems to have gone into hiding and now Vancouver police are worried about the public going vigilante on his ass.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #46 on: October 16, 2012, 12:31:59 pm »
What do you know, I called it.

Offline rageaholic

• The Beast
« Reply #47 on: October 16, 2012, 01:47:38 pm »
So the guy is basically a pedo.  He targeted a 14 year old girl (who was probably 14 at the time), and held her mistake against her.  Yet, I bet people would still be blaming her saying that it's her fault for getting involved in the first place.

Fuckers. 

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #48 on: October 16, 2012, 03:43:51 pm »
So long as he suffers, I think I can call it at least partially karmatically even.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Distind

« Reply #49 on: October 16, 2012, 04:48:35 pm »
So the guy is basically a pedo.  He targeted a 14 year old girl (who was probably 14 at the time), and held her mistake against her.  Yet, I bet people would still be blaming her saying that it's her fault for getting involved in the first place.

Fuckers.
I'm rather lost on how posting naked pictures of yourself isn't supposed to come back to haunt you. But certainly nothing to the apparent extent he did. I'd figure they'd just circulate through some guys she knew and be the source for the odd rumor. Just because something hurt someone doesn't excuse them from fucking up in the first place. The victim as a sacred being business is wearing rather thin on me. The point should be someone has exploited a mistake, not that someone has horribly oppressed this magically blameless person.

But short note for any women on the forum, you probably don't want to trust any guy with photos like that. Even the most private and caring guy is liable to have a failure of judgement involving the line "Nya look what I've got bitches". Definitely don't trust any image hosting sites with them, no matter what their security settings say, there's a way to access them if people try hard enough. I know, I had to prove it to a few people.

Offline Nightangel8212

• The Wicked Witch of the Great White North
  • The Beast
« Reply #50 on: October 16, 2012, 05:53:17 pm »

Fuckers.

She was 12 at the time the pictures were taken if my memory serves me correctly.

Offline rageaholic

• The Beast
« Reply #51 on: October 16, 2012, 07:45:54 pm »

Fuckers.

She was 12 at the time the pictures were taken if my memory serves me correctly.

That's even worse. 

Offline Igor

• The Beast
  • Welcome to the velvet room...
« Reply #52 on: October 16, 2012, 08:23:20 pm »
Every time I see the "person x has it worse off than you, so you dont have the right to be depressed" argument, I wish to castrate them.
Having used that line of reasoning on myself far too much in the past, I completely agree...

Quote from: Quasirodent
The logical response to getting that tingle in his dingle is turning into an asshat, of course.

Les ananas ne parlent pas!

Offline rageaholic

• The Beast
« Reply #53 on: October 17, 2012, 12:21:40 am »
Every time I see the "person x has it worse off than you, so you dont have the right to be depressed" argument, I wish to castrate them.
Having used that line of reasoning on myself far too much in the past, I completely agree...

Yeah, I've used that on myself too.  All it does is remind of me how things can get much much worse, which is the last thing you need when you feel utterly hopeless. 

Offline clockworkgirl21

• Day In, Day Out. All the Time. Work, Work, Work
  • The Beast
« Reply #54 on: October 17, 2012, 06:20:56 pm »
I'm just amazed that this girl was bullied over boob shots. If I saw one of my classmates topless online, I'd probably chuckle in surprise, then immediately forget about it. What about this picture prompted people to ruin her life? Hell, forget boob pics, I'd feel the same way if they were full on nudes. What peoples people see nudity and act like idiots?

I mean, boob shots made people act like idiots. Grow up and stop tormenting kids.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #55 on: October 17, 2012, 07:15:02 pm »
Because the people harassing her wanted more.  They felt that since she flashed her boobs at age 12, at age 15, she'll be sure to have sex with them.  Or something.  The point is the bullying was a way to try and make her do more then what she did when she was younger.  Because obviously a slut would do that sorta thing.

Ironbite-makes me glad that htis board's NSFW section got nuked even if I'll not be able to see the Smurfette boobies.

Distind

« Reply #56 on: October 18, 2012, 06:40:05 am »
There's a reason we were rather agressive about not posting anyone underage, beyond the odd legal ramification.

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #57 on: October 18, 2012, 04:19:06 pm »
Wasn't the legal thing enough? That and because it's, ya know, wrong?
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Distind

« Reply #58 on: October 18, 2012, 04:36:44 pm »
Wasn't the legal thing enough? That and because it's, ya know, wrong?
You'd think that'd be enough, but it's not like it stops people. Plus when you tell a teenager something is wrong you've got a fair chance they'll do it anyway, if you tell them "I'd rather not get arrested" they might listen.

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #59 on: October 18, 2012, 08:22:26 pm »
You'd think that'd be enough, but it's not like it stops people. Plus when you tell a teenager something is wrong you've got a fair chance they'll do it anyway, if you tell them "I'd rather not get arrested" they might listen.

Well, yes. it is true you aren't going to stop dumbass kids from being dumbass kids. What I meant was a little different. I assume moderating and administering a site such as this comes with a size 14 steel toed boot designed specifically for punting pictures of body parts that haven't aged the correct amount of years the hell off anything you are controlling. I also assume it comes with a crowbar for removing said boot from whatever knucklehead put the picture there in the first place.

But looking back, you might have meant "We" as the FSTDT community, not necessarily "We" the Moderators.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.