Author Topic: Ask Sandman  (Read 46436 times)

Offline JohnE

• The Beast
  • Heeeere's JohnE!
Re: Ask Sandman
« Reply #75 on: June 27, 2012, 12:32:16 am »
Scottishness is either a nationality of a state of mind. Either one will qualify you for the kilt.
Does the same go for wielding a claymore?

Offline syaoranvee

• The Beast
« Reply #76 on: June 27, 2012, 04:17:18 am »
Are you burning down Life's house with the lemons yet.

Offline chad sexington

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #77 on: June 27, 2012, 04:52:45 am »
Will you bring me a dream?

Offline sandman

• The Eternal
  • The Beast
  • We Have Such Sights To Show You.
« Reply #78 on: June 27, 2012, 08:00:50 am »
Yes, I have a will and medical directive, updated last week.

2-handed claymore, yes. Basket hilt, no.

Still waiting on the combustible lemons from the Engineering department.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlVMcrrLEOY" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlVMcrrLEOY</a>
"In case you're interested, there's still some positions available for that bonus opportunity I mentioned earlier. Again: all you gotta do is let
us disassemble you. We're not banging rocks together here. We know how to put a man back together. So that's a complete reassembly. New vitals. Spit-shine on the old ones. Plus we're scooping out tumors. Frankly, you oughtta be paying us." -Cave Johnson

Offline erictheblue

• The Beast
« Reply #79 on: June 27, 2012, 10:01:26 am »
I hate to be so dark, but it is a practical question.  You would be surprised how many people I have seen die over the years without having their estates in order.  It makes things that much harder for those left behind.

I'm actually preparing a will for a relative right now.  I told her:  think of it as your way of staring the Grim Reaper in the face and not blinking.

The advance medical directive is even more important.

My bar prep class had 2 days on making wills in Virginia. After that class, I heard several people say they think they need to make a will now. I know I need to update mine, as it was made about 10 years ago.

My parents made wills and advanced directives about a year ago. My grandmother didn't have an advanced directive, and it caused a lot of problems when she started losing her mind.

She also told me that if I kept her on life support after the doctor told me there was no hope, she would come back as a zombie and terrorize me. 

LOL!

OK sandman, on a related topic... Have you asked your wife to let us know if the worst happens? I'd hate to just have you disappear and leave us wondering... :(
[Anonymous is] like... an internet Cthulu... you don't want to rouse them, but at the same time... woah think of the beautiful chaos! - SpaceProg

Offline sandman

• The Eternal
  • The Beast
« Reply #80 on: June 27, 2012, 10:14:53 am »
Most likely my nephew will. He has my password book and I think my wife will have other things to worry about. My password book has a "final message" I have asked him to post on the various boards and forums I have been active on.
"In case you're interested, there's still some positions available for that bonus opportunity I mentioned earlier. Again: all you gotta do is let
us disassemble you. We're not banging rocks together here. We know how to put a man back together. So that's a complete reassembly. New vitals. Spit-shine on the old ones. Plus we're scooping out tumors. Frankly, you oughtta be paying us." -Cave Johnson

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #81 on: June 27, 2012, 11:07:22 am »
Where do you get your bravery and apparent peace in your situation?

Offline N. De Plume

• Mysterious Writing Implement
  • The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
« Reply #82 on: June 27, 2012, 06:48:01 pm »
I think a more appropriate question would be "What have you DONE for a Klondike Bar?"

Very well, then. What have you DONE for a Klondike Bar?
-A Pen Name

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
« Reply #83 on: June 28, 2012, 02:08:08 am »
Do you wear modesty snaps on your kilt?
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline sandman

• The Eternal
  • The Beast
« Reply #84 on: June 28, 2012, 11:08:21 am »
(This one required some thought)  A long time ago I sat for 16 hours in a broken-down Humber Pig in Northern Ireland while we waited to get retrieved. The Pig had blown an axle and we were just sitting there hoping to get picked up before the IRA insurgents got brave enough to come down to street level and burn the vehicle with us in it. It was August, beastly hot, we had almost no water, no vehicle-mounted ordinance, and we couldn't so much as open the viewports because of the snipers. Three of my mates passed out from the heat and when we were finally retrieved the rest of us were sitting there in our boxers, playing euchre, and discussing whether or not it would be possible to slake our thirst by using a plain saline IV.

It was on that day that I made a decision to not waste one second of my life worrying about shit I can't do anything about.

I have driven to the store and paid $1.50 for one. I do, after all, have a job and live in an industrialized society.

No, but I do typically wear boxers. At my age I've earned the right.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 11:09:52 am by sandman »

QueenofHearts

« Reply #85 on: June 28, 2012, 11:13:10 am »
In all honesty, what do you think of me? As in honestly think, ignoring whether it may offend and no sugarcoating.

Offline sandman

• The Eternal
  • The Beast
« Reply #86 on: June 28, 2012, 11:15:14 am »
I think that you are someone who is absolutely certain that they are a very specific person with a very specific destiny in life. You just haven't figured out yet who that person is or what that destiny entails. I hope I am still around when you do. I think it will be wonderful.

Offline erictheblue

• The Beast
« Reply #87 on: June 28, 2012, 02:04:34 pm »
Forgive me if you have answered this before, but I don't remember seeing the answer.

How did you get the name sandman?
[Anonymous is] like... an internet Cthulu... you don't want to rouse them, but at the same time... woah think of the beautiful chaos! - SpaceProg

Offline sandman

• The Eternal
  • The Beast
« Reply #88 on: June 28, 2012, 02:33:40 pm »
Wife's name is "Sandy." Sand's Man. Sandman.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #89 on: June 28, 2012, 03:45:28 pm »
This may seem like a stupid question, but were you born in Scotland, or the US?  (Awesome story up there about the Humber pig in Northern Ireland, BTW)