Community > Religion and Philosophy

If you had the power, would you kill the Trinity?

(1/6) > >>

Gnostic Christian:
If you had the power, would you kill the Trinity?

I have killed many animals. Some with intent and others by accident.

The notion of killing a person, I find abhorrent. Sometimes it is necessary and or just.

After reading reports of God/Yahweh and Jesus killing instead of curing, the opposite of the thing Jesus said he came to do, --- one has to reject and condemn those mass murderers.

Given the Trinity god’s genocidal character, I would gladly kill the Trinity.

Would you?

As Trump would say, Trinity very very bad. Really Bad.

Regards
DL

davedan:
Deicide - how metal.

Puting aside the fact that Yahweh and the Trinity don't exist.

The answer is no. Thanks.

Edit: Also killing animals? Are you doing it for food or fun. So weird.

Cloud3514:
"Our gods are dead. Ancient Klingon warriors slew them millennia ago. They were more trouble than they were worth."

Tolpuddle Martyr:

--- Quote from: Gnostic Christian on August 22, 2021, 04:37:35 pm ---If you had the power, would you kill the Trinity?

The notion of killing a person, I find abhorrent. Sometimes it is necessary and or just.

After reading reports of God/Yahweh and Jesus killing instead of curing, the opposite of the thing Jesus said he came to do, --- one has to reject and condemn those mass murderers.

Would you?

Regards
DL

--- End quote ---

It's a bit of a conundrum trying to kill the trinity since none of it's component parts are technically alive. JC got stabbed and left on a Roman torture/PR pole, the Holy Ghost, is well - a ghost and the "father", the bit that can be traced back to Yahweh in the OT doesn't have an origin, doesn't exist in this world and lacks key criteria for living things including physicality and a lifespan.

I mean you could argue that an omni-everything entity is "alive" in a meta Star Trek sense, i.e. "not as we know it" but posing a question as to how one offs an omni everything thingy with three dead components that maybe sorta aren't dead is one of those how many angels dance on pinheads queries that doesn't really have an answer which isn't to say people can't argue about it. It's the internet, people can shitpost about anything!

Gnostic Christian:

--- Quote from: Tolpuddle Martyr on August 27, 2021, 07:06:15 am ---
--- Quote from: Gnostic Christian on August 22, 2021, 04:37:35 pm ---If you had the power, would you kill the Trinity?

Would you?

Regards
DL

--- End quote ---

It's a bit of a conundrum trying to kill the trinity since none of it's component parts are technically alive. JC got stabbed and left on a Roman torture/PR pole, the Holy Ghost, is well - a ghost and the "father", the bit that can be traced back to Yahweh in the OT doesn't have an origin, doesn't exist in this world and lacks key criteria for living things including physicality and a lifespan.

I mean you could argue that an omni-everything entity is "alive" in a meta Star Trek sense, i.e. "not as we know it" but posing a question as to how one offs an omni everything thingy with three dead components that maybe sorta aren't dead is one of those how many angels dance on pinheads queries that doesn't really have an answer which isn't to say people can't argue about it. It's the internet, people can shitpost about anything!

--- End quote ---

You are partially right on the speculative nonsense aspects of the question.

The reality aspects I concede.

The question is a moral judgement call and thus has an end game on that side.

I see it as asking the S.S. if they still love Hitler.

Better still, like asking Christians if they would light the fuse for Armageddon.

When faced with a truth, Christians run for the hills.

Funny if not so sad.

Regards
DL

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version