Author Topic: Login Issue  (Read 5930 times)

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
Login Issue
« on: February 06, 2017, 03:02:31 pm »
Before the forum switch to FSTDT, I was set to always remain logged in to this site. Now, I have to login every time I access the page, even if I go to the login screen and check the "Always stay logged in" box. It seems like a setting was reverted, or something. Anyone else experiencing this?
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
Re: Login Issue
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2017, 05:12:28 pm »
I have not. Do you maybe have different cookie settings for fqa.digibase.ca and forums.fstdt.net?
Σא

Offline chad sexington

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2017, 09:23:47 pm »
I'm having problems with the login not recognising my password.  However, when I'm prompted to re-enter it, and use the exact same password, it's accepted.

Offline Kradorex Xeron

• Technical Consultant
  • Administrator
  • Bishop
  • Digitally Original
    • Personal Site
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2017, 05:37:08 am »
One thing to attempt is to clear all of your cookies for forums.fstdt.net and fqa.digibase.ca. Old cookies can interfere with sessions occasionally. I'll attempt to replicate these issues from this end as well to see if it may be something to do with session storage.

What browser/cookie settings are you both using, and what add-ons do you have installed?
« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 05:39:12 am by Kradorex Xeron »
~Krad Xeron

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2017, 11:47:31 am »
I've actually just cleared my cookies (along with some other stuff, since I needed to for work) and the issue seems to be resolved now. Thanks!
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

pyro

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2017, 12:04:27 pm »
I'm having problems with the login not recognising my password.  However, when I'm prompted to re-enter it, and use the exact same password, it's accepted.

I had that same problem. It's because you're entering your login information on fqa.digibase.ca, then it redirects you to forums.fstdt.net, where the cookie is missing. Make sure you go to forums.fstdt.net, then log in.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2017, 05:08:06 pm »
I can log in but my browser no longer does it automatically because now it keeps warning me that the connection isn't secure. It doesn't do the same with other websites.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline chad sexington

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2017, 08:36:51 pm »

I had that same problem. It's because you're entering your login information on fqa.digibase.ca, then it redirects you to forums.fstdt.net, where the cookie is missing. Make sure you go to forums.fstdt.net, then log in.

Yeah, I figured that out.  Thanks, though! :)

pyro

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2017, 02:26:13 pm »
I can log in but my browser no longer does it automatically because now it keeps warning me that the connection isn't secure. It doesn't do the same with other websites.

THOSE DARNED ELITEST MOZILLA F***ERS! FIRST THEY FIRE A CEO FOR HATING GAYS, AND NOW THEYS THINK THEY CAN STOP ME FROM SENTING PASSWORDS IN PLAIN TEXT. YOURE NOT MY MOM MOZIILA!!!

On a serious note, it might be a good idea for the forums to turn on HTTPS. It's not like you can't get a cert for free, nowadays.

Edit: wrong URL.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2017, 04:50:19 pm »
Ah, so that's the reason.

Well, Mozilla is being a dick in other ways as well. I actually had to downlaod that other browser, the one google has but I can't remember the name and can't be bothered to check it. I needed that because Mozilla decided that it won't let me use google hangouts video chat and I needed it to play a tabletop RPG over the net with buddies.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2017, 04:56:04 pm »
Chrome.  You're looking at Chrome.

Ironbite-your poor computer.

Offline Bob J.

• Bishop
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2017, 01:12:42 pm »
I have a friend trying to open an account. She is not getting an email.

Had this same problem when I opened my account. In my case after requesting a new email a couple of times FSTDT Forum just let me log in.
You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ―Obi-Wan Kenobi

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2017, 10:34:13 pm »
Sometimes accounts need manual approval. I'm not sure why this happens.

I approved one account today, ask your friend if she can log in now.
Σא

Offline Bob J.

• Bishop
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2017, 07:31:32 pm »
I approved one account today, ask your friend if she can log in now.

Yes, she can. And she gave a big "Thank You" to shy for all the help.
You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ―Obi-Wan Kenobi