Author Topic: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington  (Read 387292 times)

Offline Id82

• The Beast
Re: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington
« Reply #3015 on: July 12, 2019, 07:18:42 pm »
So on a lighter note the US is running out of money. https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/12/politics/mnuchin-congress-letter-debt-crisis/index.html Remember when Republicans bitched about ballooning the deficit. Turns out you actually have to pay for 1.5 trillion in tax cuts, increased customs duties and tariffs along with massive military spending. But it's call cool because Republicans did it just increase the debt ceiling. Ignore when we complained about all of that when Obama was president.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #3016 on: July 12, 2019, 11:39:44 pm »
https://www.salon.com/2019/07/11/trumps-social-media-summit-is-a-haven-for-far-right-fringe-figures/

Look at this who's who Trump social media summit. Zyklon Ben, Pim Tool, PragerU(rine and Feces. Yes, Urine and Feces), Turding Point USA.

Truly an all-star line-up of shitheads.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #3017 on: July 13, 2019, 12:17:24 am »
I remember in the last Congress when Schumer (and Pelosi, but Schumer mattered more, at least to the extent of McConnell's unwillingness to kill the legislative filibuster) offered to vote to eliminate the debt ceiling entirely.

The GOP didn't take him up on the offer, and also gave gigantic tax breaks to rich people.

Now watch as the Republicans blame the Democrats for this.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline DarkPhoenix

• Bishop
« Reply #3018 on: July 13, 2019, 12:55:49 am »
Now watch as the Republicans blame the Democrats for this.

Of course they will; it's their preferred technique for deflecting criticism.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #3019 on: July 13, 2019, 02:37:00 am »
Public: Why did you ally with spinal fluid drinking aliens?

Republicans: Well...well...WE WOULDN'T HAVE HAD TO IF IT WASN'T FOR THE DEMOCRATS!! WE HAVE TO BE PRO-SPINAL FLUID ALIENS!!!
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline DarkPhoenix

• Bishop
« Reply #3020 on: July 13, 2019, 01:22:11 pm »
I mean, one idiot in the GOP blamed Nancy Pelosi for the lack of women on the Republican side: https://www.wcia.com/news/capitol-news/davis-blames-pelosi-for-lack-of-women-in-gop/

“There are too few members of our Republican conference that are women or African-American or are a minority,” the Taylorville Republican told a group of local women who were invited to hear him speak at the Old State Capitol on Monday afternoon.

“I get asked a lot, ‘what do you think as a Republican with the fact that you have many fewer women in your conference today than you ever have?’ he volunteered. “I like to remind people that it is Nancy Pelosi who in many cases spent millions of dollars to elect a male Democrat over a female Republicans in swing districts.”

In fact, Pelosi’s decision to back Democratic men in swing districts did help defeat two Republican women in swing districts, but her political and financial backing also aided in key victories for 17 Democratic women over Republican men in the same year, tilting the scales of Congressional gender diversity more in line with the American population than ever before.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #3021 on: July 13, 2019, 04:14:04 pm »
Public: Why did you ally with spinal fluid drinking aliens?

Republicans: Well...well...WE WOULDN'T HAVE HAD TO IF IT WASN'T FOR THE DEMOCRATS!! WE HAVE TO BE PRO-SPINAL FLUID ALIENS!!!

I remember that period of DC Comics.  So 90s it hurt.

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #3022 on: July 14, 2019, 02:37:56 am »
Man, imagine if Pelosi was actually the force that they think she is. Would be nice.
Who needs a signature?

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #3023 on: July 14, 2019, 04:02:32 am »
The religious right has a habit of assigning superpowers to their enemies, bizarrely enough.

This is your daily reminder that in the minds of at least some Americans, Hillary Clinton is a psychokinetic, capable of astral projection, teleportation, forming doppelgangers of herself, weather control, laying curses and spells, borderline immortality and so on.

And that John Kerry fired a Kamehameha to disrupt a tidal wave.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #3024 on: July 14, 2019, 06:01:56 am »
Man, imagine if Pelosi was actually the force that they think she is. Would be nice.

Imagine if Hillary Clinton was actually the president like Fox News seemed to think for the first few years of Trump's presidency.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #3025 on: July 14, 2019, 12:13:02 pm »
Trump just went full on pissed as a newt on cheap booze uncle "go back to where ya come from" on AOC and Ilhan Omar.

Because he's...'outraged' at them calling Pelosi a racist or something.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #3026 on: July 14, 2019, 01:39:45 pm »
For fucks sake. He sounds like my rascist uncle who watches fox news all day, and not the president. Oh wait he pretty much is. I can't wait to hear how the right spins this as not racist.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 01:41:54 pm by Id82 »
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #3027 on: July 14, 2019, 02:04:39 pm »
The blatant racism aside, and the fact that he doesn't know this aside... he's not wrong about Somalia, where Rep. Omar was born. That country pretty much doesn't even have a government.

Some might argue he's not wrong about Rep. Ocasio-Cortez's country of birth, either.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #3028 on: July 14, 2019, 02:56:51 pm »
AOC was born in New York. Even so Puerto Rico isn't a country. Rashida Tlaib was born in Detroit. Omar hasn't lived in Somalia since she was ten years old. To equate her with a country she hasn't lived in for twenty six years is fucking ridiculous.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 02:58:33 pm by Id82 »
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot