Author Topic: Anything Good Happen Today?  (Read 857125 times)

Offline Valerius

• Pope
  • Gentlemen.
Re: Anything Good Happen Today?
« Reply #2205 on: July 20, 2013, 02:48:13 am »
Hmm. Does it taste anything like Floris Kriek? I saw that on the shelf, but I don't think it's a lambic, so maybe it's not comparable. Or have you had Floris Kriek at all? Yeah, I've had fruit beers before and they actually tasted like beer with just a bit of the fruit flavour. Thought the Pomme would be like that.

I haven't tried it. I've only had Belle-Vue and Lindemans, sadly.

I did some googling and it appears that it's really average tasting. It only garnered a 77 on beeradvocate. But it's up to you if you just want a sampling of what cherry beer is kinda like. I'd suggest trying to get a bottle of Lindemans or Belle-Vue for a better first experience. But tastes differ so widely you might end up liking the Floris compared to Lindemans or Belle-Vue.

Yeah, I don't always go by those beer-rating sites. I've had beers that only got average reviews on those sites, but I thought were fantastic, and I've had beers that those sites gave really good ratings but which I thought were very average and "meh". Still, I'll have to look out for those beers. Hopefully I can find them somewhere. Thanks again.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #2206 on: July 20, 2013, 04:28:29 am »
I had an awesome steak at Applebees, and had an attractive waitress with the most awesome eyes I've seen (pale-green, something I've never seen before). Too much makeup, imo, but still attractive. Tipped extra because she was really damn good, not showing up a million times but not showing up only once or twice, either.

When I was last out to eat at Steak n' Shake, I was with my mother and this guy named Rob. Complete jackhole; an actor like myself, but with an ego through the roof, self-esteem through the basement, and every insecurity imaginable. He's a handsome guy (handsome enough to professionally impersonate both Johnny Depp and his various characters, among others; he's even been Johnny's "decoy" when he was in town), but has no luck with women because he has almost zero social skills. Meaning he tends to insult someone, either while joking around or because he can't keep his mouth shut, and then gets angry when people are offended. He's brilliant, but I hate having to hang out with him. My mom just feels sorry for him and is trying to help him with his work and social life, which is why we continue to see him damn near weekly. I have no problems telling him off, and whenever he's a jackhole (especially to me, since he tends to make fun of me a lot) I give it right back to his face until he shuts up.

Anyway, we didn't have the best time at the restaurant. It took us ages to get a seat because the manager was an idiot who had insisted on cleaning off the booth next to a clean one before seating us, then forgot to seat us entirely. Our waitress was the one who happened to notice that we were left in the corner and got us taken care of, and she did her best to handle various other problems (like taking the extra charge off Rob's bill when he complained about his upcharge fries not having enough seasoning). She also gained brownie points with us for making fun of Rob when he complained about not getting the bubble top on his milkshake because he didn't order whipped cream with his.

So as we're finishing up, my mom hands her $10 as a tip for having to deal with all the crap that night. Of all the things he could say, Rob says "Oh, I didn't contribute to that." Real smug-like, like he thinks it's a joke. And we're both aware that he's just saying this because the waitress isn't the kind of woman he'd usually be hitting on, so he thinks it's okay to be mean to her.

So I told her that Rob doesn't like women.

He wasn't pleased.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #2207 on: July 20, 2013, 08:06:22 am »
Oh so very a tangent, but was quite worth it.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #2208 on: July 20, 2013, 03:35:23 pm »
My wife's water just broke. Hospital told us to wait untill the morning before coming to the maternity ward unless it seems like the baby won't wait untill the morning. ;)

Particularly good news since the caesarean birth had been scheduled for monday due to some complications but my wife was already traumatized by the previous time that had to be done and in her own words has been hoping to give birth the natural way for ten years now.

This story will be updated in a day at the latest.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #2209 on: July 20, 2013, 03:36:49 pm »
Oh so very a tangent, but was quite worth it.

I say stuff like that to or about him pretty regularly now. He gets away with a lot of shit because most people are too nice to tell him off or too upset at his insults to sling any mud back at him. I'm really the only person who responds to his bullshit by sending it right back.

Offline Valerius

• Pope
  • Gentlemen.
« Reply #2210 on: July 20, 2013, 04:01:07 pm »
My wife's water just broke. Hospital told us to wait untill the morning before coming to the maternity ward unless it seems like the baby won't wait untill the morning. ;)

Particularly good news since the caesarean birth had been scheduled for monday due to some complications but my wife was already traumatized by the previous time that had to be done and in her own words has been hoping to give birth the natural way for ten years now.

Congratulations, askold! Here's hoping the birth goes smoothly.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #2211 on: July 20, 2013, 04:20:34 pm »
Hmm. Does it taste anything like Floris Kriek? I saw that on the shelf, but I don't think it's a lambic, so maybe it's not comparable. Or have you had Floris Kriek at all? Yeah, I've had fruit beers before and they actually tasted like beer with just a bit of the fruit flavour. Thought the Pomme would be like that.

I haven't tried it. I've only had Belle-Vue and Lindemans, sadly.

I did some googling and it appears that it's really average tasting. It only garnered a 77 on beeradvocate. But it's up to you if you just want a sampling of what cherry beer is kinda like. I'd suggest trying to get a bottle of Lindemans or Belle-Vue for a better first experience. But tastes differ so widely you might end up liking the Floris compared to Lindemans or Belle-Vue.

Yeah, I don't always go by those beer-rating sites. I've had beers that only got average reviews on those sites, but I thought were fantastic, and I've had beers that those sites gave really good ratings but which I thought were very average and "meh". Still, I'll have to look out for those beers. Hopefully I can find them somewhere. Thanks again.

Yeah, that's my point. lol Like I'm a fan of both Woodchuck and Strongbow but if you ask other people it's supposedly wrong of me to like both of the ciders. One or the other, not both. Pfft.

But you're welcome (again). :P

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

wrightway

« Reply #2212 on: July 20, 2013, 08:02:24 pm »

Fingers crossed for a safe and easy labor!

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #2213 on: July 20, 2013, 10:39:27 pm »

Have fun cutting the cord!

Or whatever it is you say in this situation. I'm out of my element, here.
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #2214 on: July 20, 2013, 11:27:12 pm »

"Don't get any shit on you!"

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• The Beast
« Reply #2215 on: July 21, 2013, 01:18:23 am »

But let the baby get shit on. No, seriously, they did studies and found that babies that don't get shit on have much weaker immune systems. I'm not even joking.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".

Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline Feral Dog

• The Beast
  • Caffeine, how I adore thee.
« Reply #2216 on: July 21, 2013, 07:25:58 am »

High five!
Fiber Arts Enthusiast

EDIT: Aaaand my 10,000th post is about fascism, Plato, and gay sex. This is clearly a great accomplishment.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #2217 on: July 21, 2013, 01:38:41 pm »

But let the baby get shit on. No, seriously, they did studies and found that babies that don't get shit on have much weaker immune systems. I'm not even joking.

Well, I'll be over here in the corner, vomiting up all my organs.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• The Beast
« Reply #2218 on: July 21, 2013, 01:59:07 pm »

Well, I'll be over here in the corner, vomiting up all my organs.
The miracle of childbirth! Yeah, reproduction isn't attractive all all.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #2219 on: July 21, 2013, 02:41:35 pm »
More reasons for me to sell my eggs! YAY!

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!