Author Topic: Anything Good Happen Today?  (Read 857106 times)

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
Re: Anything Good Happen Today?
« Reply #3795 on: December 12, 2015, 09:39:28 am »
I'm a pretty chill driver most of the time, and even I find DC to be nerve-wracking.  Also, Rooks, you mean "is allowed to drive like a god damned asshole."  Seriously, if you don't go the microsecond the light turns green, people start honking at you angrily, motherfuckers cut you off like its goin out of style, and you're lucky if anyone lets you over.  If you're going thru DC, you'd damn well better have a Marauder, so you can drive over the tight-arses that seem to infest that rat's nest of a city.  Doesn't help that the streets are abysmally maintained.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #3796 on: December 12, 2015, 12:11:40 pm »
I feel pretty pro in my driving after navigating DC twice a day for this past week. It's pretty hard not to go full GTA on people there.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #3797 on: December 12, 2015, 03:22:33 pm »
So I started a new LP to go along with my F.E.A.R. Let's Play, this one is of Undertale.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VPOix1OPds" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VPOix1OPds</a>

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3798 on: December 12, 2015, 07:59:50 pm »
Only two episodes in, and I'm already addicted to One Punch Man.  This show's fucking hilarious as hell.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #3799 on: December 12, 2015, 08:52:08 pm »
ONE PUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCH!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3800 on: December 12, 2015, 11:54:22 pm »
ONE PUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCH!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l535LRrGAaY" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l535LRrGAaY</a>

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #3801 on: December 13, 2015, 02:02:39 am »
At first I assumed that One punch man would be just a one joke series and didn't bother to read it. Then I saw some random pages from it that got my interest and both the manga and anime are good.

I like how Saitama is intentionally made into the most boring character in the story (apart from the few moments when he gets serious) BUT the other heroes and even random monsters have amazing designs and complicated back stories. ...Even the ones that get killed off 2 seconds after their story has been explained.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #3802 on: December 13, 2015, 04:46:08 pm »
That's the point of One Punch Man really from where I see it.  Here's your hero.  He's boring, he's bored, he's not very interesting.  Now here's the supporting cast filled with colorful backstories, motivations, and crap.  But the whole series does revolve around Saitama not realizing that through his training, he's become the most powerful person on the planet and could probably take it over if he was so minded.  But he's only doing this as a hobby so it doesn't occur to him.

Ironbite-that's why I love it.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #3803 on: December 13, 2015, 05:14:58 pm »
...Then he meets another being who also got bored because he was the most powerful creature around. And Saitama simply chides him and says that being bored is no excuse for attacking others. Which makes me believe that it's not that he doesn't realize how powerful he is. He knows it quite well which is why he is bored and frustrated as he can't find a worthy foe. He simply has no desire to take over the world. He wanted to be a hero, not a villain or a ruler.

I also wanted to talk about how Mr. King is one of the best characters in the show/manga but really trying to put them in some kind of order of who's the most awesome is kinda hard with so many interesting characters.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?
« Reply #3804 on: December 13, 2015, 07:02:19 pm »
I got a $50 tip at work yesterday. Now if only that would happen more often, I wouldn't mind my job nearly as much.
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #3805 on: December 13, 2015, 08:36:24 pm »
I placed third in an MLP tournament today.

Which may not seem that good, but it's the first time I've actually won 2 games in a row.  I'm starting to get the hang of simple combos.
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Even Then

« Reply #3806 on: December 15, 2015, 12:22:50 am »
Until today, I'd had my old dishes in the sink for... I think a month or two. I couldn't be arsed to clean them, I'm a sack of shit with no motivation. The smell was horrible, I almost vomited... but I managed to get them into the other sink so I can soak them in dishwasher water and clean them later today.

This is really meager and basically just amounts to me cleaning up my own mess, so it's not even anything notable or worth celebrating. But I still feel like I've managed to do something fulfilling and worthwhile.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #3807 on: December 15, 2015, 10:21:06 am »
Doing just one quick item of housework a day will make you feel better. Otherwise, it gets to a point that just fucking everything needs doing, and that's overwhelming. You end up exerting quite a bit of emotional energy just in "ignoring" or "not caring" about clutter, dust, and grunge. I've battled with depression a lot over the years, and learned that just by reducing that visual "noise" with a bit of tidying can boost self esteem. Even the poorest of us can afford a clean(er) home.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3808 on: December 15, 2015, 10:42:10 am »
This hellish semester is fucking OVER.  Did my last finals yesterday (Chem-112 and US Politics) and, either which way things go, I'm glad to have this bullshit behind me.  Though, for all its difficulty, at least calculus was interesting...not to mention actually god damned new material.

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #3809 on: December 15, 2015, 12:38:13 pm »
Ooh calculus!  Have a calculus joke!

An inmate in an asylum believed he was the differential.  He'd point at people and say, "I differentiate you!  I differentiate YOU!!"  and everyone would be deeply upset by this.

A new inmate comes in.  Differential guy says, "I differentiate you!"  New inmate doesn't react.

"I differentiate you!  I differentiate you AGAIN!"

The new inmate says "Differentiate me all you want--I'm ex."
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!