Author Topic: Anything Good Happen Today?  (Read 855893 times)

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies
Re: Anything Good Happen Today?
« Reply #1845 on: April 15, 2013, 10:13:08 pm »
I told off a girl in my class today. We were talking about drug addictions and poverty, and since my class is rich republicans, many said that drug addicts "should just quit and move somewhere else". Then one girl said that her aunt had a crack addiction and did crack in front of her when she was 10, because she was addicted to it, not because she was some moron who is too lazy to try hard.
Well. Apparently another girl thought that was hilarious, since the girl was black. The girl who laughed is basically a stereotypical spoiled brat... I was fucking furious about her giggling, so I looked at her and said "wow... you're a cunt." She shut up after that.
I know that's mean, but I am proud because I actually stood up for someone. Plus I was getting really tired of people being assholes and getting away with it in the class(like calling the steubenville victim a slut).
BITCHES! YOU BITCHES! Killing me won't bring back your God damn honey!

Art Vandelay

« Reply #1846 on: April 15, 2013, 10:25:00 pm »
I started watching Dexter today, and four episodes in I'm absolutely loving that show. You know, I really want to know what's going on with mainstream American entertainment. Why is it big budget movies and music are almost entirely made up of crap, and yet downright amazing TV shows are almost a common occurrence? Whatever it is your TV producers are doing, they'd best keep that shit up.

I love dexter, but i dropped out of it because the channel that hosted it screwed with the times and i missed a couple of eps.

Fuck TV, watching online is where it's at. I can watch it on my own terms, and without a 1:2 ads to show ratio.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #1847 on: April 15, 2013, 10:27:35 pm »
I told off a girl in my class today. We were talking about drug addictions and poverty, and since my class is rich republicans, many said that drug addicts "should just quit and move somewhere else". Then one girl said that her aunt had a crack addiction and did crack in front of her when she was 10, because she was addicted to it, not because she was some moron who is too lazy to try hard.
Well. Apparently another girl thought that was hilarious, since the girl was black. The girl who laughed is basically a stereotypical spoiled brat... I was fucking furious about her giggling, so I looked at her and said "wow... you're a cunt." She shut up after that.
I know that's mean, but I am proud because I actually stood up for someone. Plus I was getting really tired of people being assholes and getting away with it in the class(like calling the steubenville victim a slut).

And now you're turning into me!
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1848 on: April 16, 2013, 01:33:09 am »
I'm getting back into the flow of story-writing again...and while working on code and thinking about Reign, I came across an idea for another game in what may end up being a series.  Its tentative title?  Savior of the Dead, all inspired by this song...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrLG3qPPN1Q" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrLG3qPPN1Q</a>

For anyone who might be interested, here's what I've got written about it so far...

(click to show/hide)

(Also, yes, I did take a bit of a cue from D&D's Epic Level Handbook.)
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 01:35:49 am by RavynousHunter »
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Feral Dog

• The Beast
  • Caffeine, how I adore thee.
« Reply #1849 on: April 16, 2013, 01:22:46 pm »

It's not mean if they're out of line.
Fiber Arts Enthusiast

EDIT: Aaaand my 10,000th post is about fascism, Plato, and gay sex. This is clearly a great accomplishment.

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #1850 on: April 16, 2013, 06:53:24 pm »
Wrapped up 3 more bluesy tunes for my friend's film. Almost done with this little project.
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #1851 on: April 16, 2013, 08:12:41 pm »
One of the shirts I ordered came today.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #1852 on: April 17, 2013, 03:48:38 pm »
My other shirt I ordered came today, plus my nail polish I ordered from Sephora.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #1853 on: April 17, 2013, 05:43:50 pm »
It has been an absolutely GORGEOUS day today.  Mid-60's, airing out the house with all the windows open, did some yard work, watched a bit of restaurant impossible, and going to fold some laundry in a bit.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1854 on: April 18, 2013, 10:30:55 pm »
I don't have school for the rest of this week or all of next week.

Offline Feral Dog

• The Beast
  • Caffeine, how I adore thee.
« Reply #1855 on: April 19, 2013, 12:47:32 am »
GOT MY FIRST PAYCHECK.

It's only part-time and only covers my first week, but still!
Fiber Arts Enthusiast

EDIT: Aaaand my 10,000th post is about fascism, Plato, and gay sex. This is clearly a great accomplishment.

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #1856 on: April 19, 2013, 03:29:44 am »
It has been an absolutely GORGEOUS day today.  Mid-60's, airing out the house with all the windows open, did some yard work, watched a bit of restaurant impossible, and going to fold some laundry in a bit.

*looks around at huge piles of snow outside*

I hate you.

Distind

« Reply #1857 on: April 19, 2013, 06:13:04 am »
Noticed I could see my sock through my shoes, so I now have, new shoes.

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #1858 on: April 19, 2013, 07:07:07 am »
One of my classmates tried to pay off my lab partner to keep the results to himself and not give them to me, and to my amazement, my lab partner said no.
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #1859 on: April 19, 2013, 07:10:08 am »
One of my classmates tried to pay off my lab partner to keep the results to himself and not give them to me, and to my amazement, my lab partner said no.
You should really be documenting this stuff. If you can prove that they're trying to sabotage your work, you could have them expelled from the university.