Author Topic: Anything Good Happen Today?  (Read 856678 times)

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
Re: Anything Good Happen Today?
« Reply #2415 on: August 21, 2013, 01:12:16 am »
I get to spend the rest of the week with my brother and nephew and NOT my parents and siblings.

Your brother isn't like your other fundie siblings then?
No, he's annoyingly conservative but he knows when to shut up. Plus, he's raising his son in a religion-neutral house, so mad props for that.

That alone makes him a vast improvement from your parents then, in my opinion.
Yeah, it does. I look forward to taking little Daniel to the planetarium and the zoo instead of the church and the shrink's office.
Back on topic, I nailed the high note in "Hide and Seek" earlier today. My cats were impressed.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #2416 on: August 21, 2013, 02:36:26 am »
Hung out with a friend I haven't seen in years. One of the rare times I've spent with another guy.
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline Feral Dog

• The Beast
  • Caffeine, how I adore thee.
« Reply #2417 on: August 21, 2013, 03:47:56 am »
I got Adblocker on my computer. I had no idea it would make that much of a difference in performance or I would have gotten it sooner!
Fiber Arts Enthusiast

EDIT: Aaaand my 10,000th post is about fascism, Plato, and gay sex. This is clearly a great accomplishment.

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #2418 on: August 21, 2013, 07:56:53 am »
My sister and niece have moved in with us and I spent pretty much all day with them. Three year olds have way too much energy. That said, this is the first time I've ever met my sister, and she is awesome.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #2419 on: August 21, 2013, 10:23:24 am »
Finally got my tooth pulled. My jaw is slightly swollen and a bit tender, but it feels about a zillion times better than it did this morning. Plus, I got to keep the tooth, which is so gnarly and awesome looking. I'm tempted to post pictures of it in the disturbing images thread.

Do it!

I'll post some tomorrow. The tooth had to be bisected in order to remove it, so I can even post some cross-section pics. It's actually pretty neat.

Where in your mouth was the tooth? I've never seen one removed in that way (not that I've seen a ton removed anyway).

An MRI showed that my brain is normal and there are no tumors.

That's excellent news. If you don't mind me asking, why were you expecting tumours?

I had one removed a few years ago, and we check annually to ensure it hasn't returned. Though now I get to wait 18 months between appointments.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Valerius

• Pope
  • Gentlemen.
« Reply #2420 on: August 21, 2013, 10:37:14 am »
An MRI showed that my brain is normal and there are no tumors.

That's excellent news. If you don't mind me asking, why were you expecting tumours?

I had one removed a few years ago, and we check annually to ensure it hasn't returned. Though now I get to wait 18 months between appointments.

Wow. That's kind of scary, actually. I'm glad it's not coming back though. That's terrific news.

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #2421 on: August 21, 2013, 01:54:18 pm »
Where in your mouth was the tooth? I've never seen one removed in that way (not that I've seen a ton removed anyway).

It was the first molar on the bottom left side of my mouth (the one that comes right after the premolars). It's a large tooth with deep roots, so pulling it out the standard way is extremely difficult, particularly when it's not loose. Using too much force might have shattered it, which would force him to dig around for pieces of the roots and probably cause way more damage than necessary, so after a half hour or so of trying to slowly pull it out the standard way, he decided to slice it in half and pull it out one root at a time in order to minimize the trauma to the surrounding gums. Once he'd done that, it only took another 5 minutes or so to get the roots out, and a few minutes after that to put in a stitch and do the usual post-op stuff.

He did a good job. I've only had a bit of swelling & stiffness, and no visible bruising, so I'm pretty happy with the results.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 01:56:33 pm by Mlle Antéchrist »
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #2422 on: August 21, 2013, 03:28:47 pm »

It was the first molar on the bottom left side of my mouth (the one that comes right after the premolars). It's a large tooth with deep roots, so pulling it out the standard way is extremely difficult, particularly when it's not loose. Using too much force might have shattered it, which would force him to dig around for pieces of the roots and probably cause way more damage than necessary, so after a half hour or so of trying to slowly pull it out the standard way, he decided to slice it in half and pull it out one root at a time in order to minimize the trauma to the surrounding gums. Once he'd done that, it only took another 5 minutes or so to get the roots out, and a few minutes after that to put in a stitch and do the usual post-op stuff.

He did a good job. I've only had a bit of swelling & stiffness, and no visible bruising, so I'm pretty happy with the results.

My jaw hurts just reading about it.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #2423 on: August 21, 2013, 06:15:41 pm »
Thank Jebus for local anesthesia.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #2424 on: August 21, 2013, 06:18:18 pm »
Thanks, Jebus. :P

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #2425 on: August 21, 2013, 08:19:57 pm »
I just ate an entire medium pizza from Pizza Hut in one sitting.

FUCK DA POLICE
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #2426 on: August 21, 2013, 10:17:08 pm »
Started setting up accounts on various social/music sites for my music. They're all bare bones right now, but they link to each other (mostly), and help ensure that I'll have the name I want on each site. Now I just need to copyright the name, put some music together to upload, and get some banners/pictures/artwork to make these things look pretty.

And my dad paid me to help him out with a project at work. Now I can get a few small things for school, and replace my old instrument cables.
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline Leafy

• Radical Radish
  • Pope
  • "My bunny will eat your soul!"
« Reply #2427 on: August 21, 2013, 11:24:57 pm »
Went back to my Middle School to see some old teachers. xD

Offline Valerius

• Pope
  • Gentlemen.
« Reply #2428 on: August 21, 2013, 11:51:30 pm »
I hit 140 lbs at the gym today, up 12 since I started working out. Hooray for protein powder! ;D

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #2429 on: August 22, 2013, 02:11:50 am »
Started setting up accounts on various social/music sites for my music. They're all bare bones right now, but they link to each other (mostly), and help ensure that I'll have the name I want on each site. Now I just need to copyright the name, put some music together to upload, and get some banners/pictures/artwork to make these things look pretty.

And my dad paid me to help him out with a project at work. Now I can get a few small things for school, and replace my old instrument cables.
Dude, you so need to make a thread for that here.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.